|
Author Topic:   SERVERS??????????
Kegel
posted January 09, 2001 08:46 AM         
3 servers? What a joke. Whoever is running that server in London......put down your cup of tea and UPGRADE!!!!! Theres a new patch out!!!!! jeesh

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted January 09, 2001 12:27 PM            
I have e-mailed Homelan (2 of the servers) and e-mailed Domino (the 3rd server). JL has upgraded but he has been real busy - hasn't had his server up nor been able to play.

I hope the servers will be upgraded by tonight - I look forward to some action

IP:

Rex R
posted January 09, 2001 12:41 PM            
of course with 3 servers there is the possability of over crowding with all the ppl wanting to play... up to now this has not been a problem. could use a ctf server.

IP:

Kegel
posted January 09, 2001 01:03 PM         
I will run a CTF server m-f 8am-5pm. Of course you'll have to play at work....:P

It will be called Skyline Chili......

Im hungry.

IP:

Karldar
posted January 09, 2001 01:35 PM            
Speaking of servers-where are the dedicated servers from AAA? I do believe I recall some mention of them sponsoring servers for TM. Mebbe then we wouldn't have to rely on other people's kindness in running a server.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 09, 2001 06:49 PM            
just a thought, but have you tried seeking sever support elsewhere - i have ideas and contacts if u'd like me to set sumthin up.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted January 09, 2001 10:02 PM            
Very good question Karldar -
"where are AAA's dedicated servers?" Last I heard AAA was determining the necessary setup...

IP:

Cell
posted January 09, 2001 10:17 PM         
I always thought Neil's Domino server was a AAA affair, since it was based in London.
Guess not though, huh?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted January 10, 2001 11:23 AM            
Nope - Domino is just a fan running a server. I've had several e-mails back and forth with him...

IP:

Cell
posted January 10, 2001 12:18 PM         
I like Neil's server, It's like NGI's. Nice' standard server (BTW, tnx, Neil!)

It's nice to be able to battle the bots when there are no players on the net. Keeps you entertained 'till someone shws up.

------------------
Cell / BWL

IP:

Rex R
posted January 10, 2001 01:54 PM            
not sure but just a bit ago, when I looked the 'domino' server was down. mayhap there're upgrading

IP:

Neil McRae
posted January 16, 2001 05:46 AM            
Folks, thanks for the kind comments. The Domino servers is stuff I do in my own spare time, I run 9 Quake3Arena servers and 1 TreadMarks server. The problem with Treadmarks is that it runs under windows [q3a uses linux which makes remote admin easier] which makes it difficult for me to remotely monitor that the server is running, if you ever see the server down, please let me know by dropping me an email to neil@domino.org. As soon as I see that its down I'll get it fixed. I don't always get to play treadmarks as often as I would like.

Neil.

IP: