|
Author Topic:   This game is a lot better...
ramTHIS
posted January 08, 2001 03:26 AM            
...when you don't suck anymore!!! Ever since I got the hang of this, and have started to hold my own a bit, it's a lot more fun....probably because now it's gratifying....I can see the improvements myself....so, I'd better be able to play at school....gotta find a way around the firewall thing...

Not sure exactly WHY I started a new thread for that....just wanted everyone to know I'm still here, and reading the BBS and playing....(BTW, great games tonight, SuperUnknown, Rex, coax, Colossus...had fun!)

Umm....cheers!

-ram

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 08, 2001 03:45 AM            
you've improved a lot. Always a good idea to keep us all informed

IP:

Rex R
posted January 08, 2001 04:39 AM            
well after getting fragged a number of times i got better, not great perhaps but better. learn to drive in reverse and navigate using the radar screen helps. sitting still is a good way to be fragged I've found. use the different camera views turret vs hull. and have fun, I do. had fun this eve.

IP:

swisher
posted January 08, 2001 09:15 AM            
That's what I like most about Tread Marks -- It takes a lot of time to become a decent player. It took me months (literally, really) before winning even a single multi-player game. Even when I did, I thought that the other players were sick of me losing all of the time and simply let me win.

Congratulations on having the patience to keep playing. Hope to play you soon.

------------------
BWL/MG

IP:

synack
posted January 08, 2001 12:00 PM         
How ironic is it that I'm the one who got ramTHIS hooked on TM, yet he's the only player against whom I cannot directly compete since we both play on the same PC.

You'd better get that firewall thingy sorted out when you get back to school so we can see who gets bragging rights in the family.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 08, 2001 12:10 PM            
don't worry synack I think you can take him.

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 08, 2001 12:17 PM            
Oh, NOW it's on! heheh....bring it....

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 08, 2001 12:19 PM            
lol, whats the problem? Why can't you play against each other?

IP:

synack
posted January 08, 2001 12:28 PM         
only one PC, that we both share. That's why you've never seen us competing in the same DM's. We take turns.

IP:

ramTHIS
posted January 08, 2001 01:09 PM            
Hey, synack...I just talked to my roomate on the phone...he said he thinks I'll have no problem playing the game over the network...he said last year games played beautifully over the net, and that this year, they only instated a Napster block. (which I will have to find a way around.)...so it should work out fine.

IP:

synack
posted January 08, 2001 01:17 PM         
That's encouraging, but we shall see. It depends on what type of firewall they're using, and whether critical ports are blocked or not.

I, for one, couldn't play from the office (not that I EVER would) because the necessary ports are not open, and I'd have a tough time convincing management that there's a BUSINESS need for me to play TM.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 08, 2001 02:39 PM            
At least 95% of college networks are game-friendly

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 08, 2001 03:30 PM            
You have gotten much better RAMthis.I know the feeling,when that day comes and everything just clicks.Nothing could tear me away from my computer

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 08, 2001 05:25 PM            
whenever i think i get really good, usually someone woops my butt bad

IP:

A2597
posted January 08, 2001 05:35 PM            
there are times when I'm on fire in any MP game, getting a frag every few seconds. never last more then one match though, and never more then 25 frags...oh well.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

synack
posted January 08, 2001 05:51 PM         
ahhh ... those moments of excellence!

flying over the crest of a hill at top speed, with a full load of R-grenades, seeing 3 tanks in mid-range, laying down a pattern of grenades as you close in, and taking out all 3 of the enemy. Excellent!

Unloading a volley of MRLs at high speed, and taking out a distant, unsuspecting player. Groovy!!

Unleashing a nearly-unending 12-minute Shadow Keeper rampage, fragging everyone in sight within seconds. Boom Stick!!!

Take no prisoners! heh heh heh

Just you wait until me and ramTHIS can team up. Oh, brother! The carnage!!!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 08, 2001 11:29 PM            
The moments when u accidently mess up the mods and your tanks upside down. The moments when you put the kick longer than the screen and the tanks just float right where they are because of such a force. The moments when u see a lake just glissening with nuclear waste. The moment when your about to win a match n an Ai frags u and your pray with a nuke. The moment when your being chased by a cruise missle and u know theres no escape, your at 80 damage.The moment when you've gone crazy and collected a 300 shadow (this is me and suddenly your at 10 health and your holding down space bar in vain, its noly shot 3 shadows.........................4shadows............................5shadows................................then a beaten up liquid falcon slowly edvances which seems like an etrunity, then after 12 shadows off your 300 total r shot hes still alive n hasn't been hit. He fires off his pea shooter. The shell just floats along and touchs your tank, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Next thing u see the computers spaming your shadows ammo all over the map ;( and u just watch the text pill up as th4e computer beats you and when u finally try to stop the ai that has YOUR shadow he blows you up KABOOM

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 09, 2001 09:36 PM            
The moments when you change the gravity to negative 10 and every bodys just floating up n up n up n up. Also when you put the friction on negative 100 ah heehehehhehehehhehehehehe try it ITS FUN FUN FUN. second u start u can't stop

------------------
%) Can't forget those smileys that have been stareing at the computer to long at the Bottem Can we %)

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited January 09, 2001).]

IP: