|
Author Topic:   NEXT DDM
peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 12:36 PM         
OK - let's plan the next DDM...

a few of us had a problem with lag, so maybe we should give some thought to breaking it up a bit... the game's not as fun for me if it's too chaotic (and laggy )

what about planning more than one game for the next round (with 1 round / week)? maybe 10(max) players sign up for one fight, then a different 10 for the next, and so on. if this is done for a few weeks, with players changing their play times around so they play different players each week, this might work. we could even schedule a playoff with the highest-ranking players after a while.
but, this plan might be un-manageable on public servers, as stray players would join every once in a while. maybe keep the scheduled players to 8max, and if others join then they just make more tatgets...

HomeLAN runs a very fast, reliable server (for me, anyway - howbout everyone else?). does anyone know who runs it? maybe they would set up a "private" DDM server that doesn't send heartbeats to the master... that way, only the scheduled players would join at the scheduled times.

let's hear your thoughts on other DDM schemes - what would work for you? what doesn't work for you?

i know that it's convenient for me to plan to play about one night/week. it doesn't really matter which day, with a few days notice...

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 12:38 PM         
i'd also like to see some clan-only battles planned. any thoughts?

------------------

IP:

ramTHIS
posted December 29, 2000 12:41 PM            
I was thinking this coming Tuesday night, the 2nd. We had a good showing last tuesday, so same bat time, same bat channel sounds good to me...I don't know about lowering the number playing to 8 or 10, because how would you know when to join? you'd have to be sitting there watching the clock on the server until it restarts, and then try and jump on quickly....or would there be a throwaway time period between games for changeover time? I agree it was somewhat chaotic, but I if it's going to be the DEADLIEST death match, I don't know how much we want to change that.

Maybe have people sign up ahead of time, and then open a server for only that # of people, so we don't get a bunch of stray walk-ons.

Just my $.02

IP:

ramTHIS
posted December 29, 2000 12:43 PM            
I thought clans had their own matches to begin with, so what would be the difference between a clan match, and a clan DDM? wouldn't it be the same people? I don't know, just asking

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 2000 12:49 PM            
The problem is, we've NEVER had an official clan match. Usually, when RC would try to start one, people would run in fear

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 01:01 PM         
hee hee! not any more! BWL is STRONG and FEARLESS!

i hereby challenge TC to a clan battle ANY TIME during the weekend of Jan 6&7! let me know what's a good time for you!

------------------

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 2000 01:12 PM            
Maybe CTF will be out by then. Naw, we'd need time to get practice. Team DM would be the way to go.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 01:23 PM         
yes, team DDM. TC has 4 or 5 active members, right? and BWL has 4 active. talk to RC to see if we can arrange a "private" server for the clan battle...

------------------

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2000 01:28 PM            
I agree. The sooner the better (a little rusty from inactivity, but getting there).

------------------
BWL/MG

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 29, 2000 01:33 PM            
I would look forward to a DDM. I don't know when exactly I'll be free but the DDM1.5 thread gives time's I'm usually available...

--RC

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 01:36 PM         
what about a clan battle the weekend of jan 6&7, RC? i'm free any time - what's your availability?

i'll contact the rest of BWL to see availabilities. and if we can arrange a private server that allows 3+ teams, wanna also challenge DNX?

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 01:53 PM            
DNX clan has never played together.I wish we were up and running so we could play.As a matter of fact.I've never talked to any of the members but Matrix.Believe me,I've tries
d.Anyway,Tuesday night is bad for me because I have to start back at work next week and I work nights.Usually get home about 10 pm CST.
I say have the match on Sunday afternoon so there is very little conflict and very little lag.Going out of town this weekend,wish I could take the game with me

IP: