This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   CURRENT RANKING ORDER FROM THE DDM
coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 12:03 AM            
Here are the ranks after the DDM. Its only for the 4th match since no one has any of the score pics for the previous 3. http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 04:58 AM            
But...........that was my lowest score

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 05:10 AM            
hehe.... even more reason to find the other pics

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 03:33 PM            
I don't know if you thought of this yet,but very few of the people played all 4 games.I don't know how you could establish a ranking with partial scores.I guess it could be like taking a test in school....you miss one of the 4 tests,you get a big fat 0 The next DM needs to be held outside of primetime so nobody drops because of lag.Like a Sunday afternoon or something.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 07:31 PM            
thats a good point super, an other lessoned learned from the first DDM

IP:

Karldar
posted December 28, 2000 12:15 AM            
Um, wouldn't scoring be fair since coax is dividing the scores by the number of DM's played? Is that how you're figuring the scores, coax? In other words, someone who played 2 DM's scoring, say, 10 frags in the first and 12 in the second would have 11 overall for the 4 DM's since they only played two(10+12)/2. That seems fair to me, but my math could be off, of course . Just a thought....

-----------
I like pie!

[This message has been edited by Karldar (edited December 28, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 01:15 AM            
yup thats the way the scoring will be done for now. Although the system is quite not fair if there are 20 people during one gave vs only 7 during an other game. The less the people the more chance to get an inflated score 'cause there is less competition. Since I'm not the Physics major, I'll let RC try to figure out a fairer system although i did get an A+ in my Electric/Magnetism Physics class last quarter, that was the best x-mas present 'so far'

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 02:33 AM            
Then what would stop someone from quiting after achieving a high score.It would actually be harder on you if you played all 4 games(like you get one high score and three low ones)I say don't even average the people who don't play all of the games.Thats about he only fair way to do it.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 02:39 AM            
hehe thats an other good point super. Thats why a different point system will have to be made as well. But for at least the first few DDMs it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not sure how to create a formula to encapsule all the different issues that could awise. I'll be more happy to accept suggestions, but basic point density(frags per volume of games played) will be used for now at my site.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 28, 2000 03:26 AM            
Word.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 28, 2000 03:26 AM            
Word.

------------------
This is my spam! There are many like it, but this one is mine!

P.S. I like pie!

IP:

peeeto
posted December 28, 2000 08:13 AM         
OH YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT! I'M NO. 1!!!
(but those of us that were there know that i actually got WASTED the other games the other screenshots will bear this out... i must have found the Shadow that game!)

but - it was fun & nice to see so many players online at once.

for the future games, when so many players were on, i REALLY suffered from lag using a modem (and this is NOT an excuse - i get my butt kicked more often than not with those players, even when my cnxn is good). my byte rate was initially 3, and i increased it to 4 with not much improvement. would it help slower players if everyone reduced their byte rate?

and what's the deal with alt-F12??? the screenshot i got was a tiny 256x256 bitmap! i can hadly read it! help!

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

peeeto
posted December 28, 2000 08:15 AM         
and i'd like to see some incorporation of #deaths in another type of ranking score.

<edit formula)

i think a game score of (#frags - #deaths) would be fair.

my $0.02.

------------------

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited December 28, 2000).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 05:51 PM            
I know what you mean peeeto.I have to run on dial up and it was the worse lag i've ever seen during the games.I kkep my net rate set on 4k/sec,maybe I should put it to 5?
Anyway,I'm not really concerned with the rankings,I just enjoy playing the game and the competetion.So don't let the lack of a scoring system to stop a DM in the near future.Maybe a prize for the winner would be more encouraging for me I think DNX gives prizes to the winner of their DMs.Don't know Matrix,how about it?

IP:

peeeto
posted December 28, 2000 08:07 PM         
hey coax - tried to email you this earlier,
but you're over quota :P

heya coax - what a stroke of luck,
that DDM score!
i don't remember winning ANY of those games -
i just remember getting killed ALOT. anyway,
here's a screenshot of the first game i played (i think it was the 2nd DDM game?
but it may have been the 1st...)

i don't have any screenshot utility, so i
used alt-F12, and ended up with a REALLY
LITTLE (256x256) bitmap. i can hardly read
the scores, but i THINK it was:

Frags, Deaths, Name
21, 2*, Kaeto(TC)(MG)
19*, 5, COAX
18, 11, =DNX=SuperUnknown
13*, 3*, LDATom
11, 16*, JL
10, 4, =BWL=Cell
10, 7, I Like Pie
9*, 17, Villan
7, 5, Swisher(BWL)
6, 4, Gurney Halleck
5, 5, ramTHIS
4, 4, (BWL)peeeto
4, 3*, Ripper
3, 10, Dudymas is Happy
0, 1, Sailor(ClanTC)

* = not clear in bitmap

i don't think i played that whole game, but
go ahead & incorporate my score. i'll email
you the bitmap when i can.

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 08:51 PM            
thanx peeeto. E-mail it to coaxs@yahoo.com instead of the excite one. I changed it on my profile too. Thanx again, I had given up looking for the other pics.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 09:31 PM            
THE NEW RANKING ORDER IS UP, YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 28, 2000 09:53 PM            
There's no way I died only two times. My style of TM play is pure DM - I die a TON.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 28, 2000 10:15 PM         
ha ha! i know! but my alt-F12 screenshot ended up a 256x256 bitmap & it's hard to read

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 11:26 PM            
here is the screen shot of the hard to see scores for the 2nd match on the DM its at my site http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ddm.html if you think your suggested score is wrong, complain to peeeto. just kidding, let me know and we'll see what can be done

IP:

Cell
posted December 28, 2000 11:41 PM         
Hey Coax, every time I view your site, the text is all jumbled together, I can't make heads or tails of it at 800x600 resolution

When I open it in Front Page, I saw that you used rows only to record the data, with no columns.
You may have to insert columns to keep it from overlapping, and it would be easier to add data at a later time and keep it organized.

(And your email account is perpetually over quota, you got another?)

IP:

Cell
posted December 28, 2000 11:41 PM         
whoops, hit the button twice!

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited December 28, 2000).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 12:21 AM            
You can send me the pic if you want.I've got some professional software(ripped off the net of course)that can enhance the image to where it is readible,unless nobody has a problem with their score.In that case don't worry about it.I think that was my highest score and is correct.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 12:48 AM            
hmmmm.... you might of viewd the site when i was still working on it cell I tried many different screen resolutions just right now and they were all fine. Check again and if its still messed up up let me know. I use 800x600 so it should all be the same you know.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 12:50 AM            
oh i also forgot, if you need to send me anything send it to coaxs@yahoo.com. I just edited my profile to list my e-mail address as that.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2