|
Author Topic:   ? about screen shots
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 11:17 PM            
In todays DM,I made a screen shot of one of the rankings at the end of the game.I was caught off guard when somebody said make a screen shot.So I used the print screen function and copied it to the Clipboard,The problem is the Clipboard cannot decode the data of a Glide powered game, so the picture came out blurry and distorted.Is there a utility that can read this kind of image or convert it to one that is readible.Coax wants it for his site and since I'm the the only one I think that took a capture,I need a way to clean this image up.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 26, 2000 11:34 PM            
Well, I don't have any answer for ya, Super, but I do have a ? about screen shots. I made two with alt-f12(one at the end of two separate matches) and I can't find them anywhere to send to coax. Anybody know where they could be. I check the TM dir as well as searching both my hard drives by date....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 26, 2000 11:41 PM            
DOH! Please tell me SOMEBODY set their computer up right for screenshots! You have to do it like in version 1.0, i.e. have
code:
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank

in your config.cfg, and have c:\tempshots exist. Since I haven't taken any 1.5 screenshots yet, I didn't have it set up

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 26, 2000 11:43 PM            
Try hitting alt-f12. That is a single shot mode in game. Some people have had problems with it actually saving the BMP files - but I have been unable to determine why...

If you wish to save them in another dir add this line to the config.cfg file (in your Tread Marks dir):
animdir = <drive:/path/filename>
C:\Temp\tank_ will write files of the following names:
C:\Temp\tank_000.bmp through 999.bmp
If you use a 3 digit name it will go nnn00000.bmp through nnn99999.bmp

Though if you have a Hard Drive able to handle more than 1k BMPs at that resolution I envy you

Also, when you restart the game it will start counting at 0 again so you will need to move the files out of that dir (easiest method I've found is just run a batch conversion util to make them all JPG's and then move them into custom dirs).

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 26, 2000 11:47 PM            
I typed that last post while Karldar and Kaeto posted...oh well...

Kaeto: Actually you don't have to have that line in. If you don't add it the game "should" by default use the default start directory of Tread Marks. Also if the dir doesn't exist TM will create it (at least it did the 1 time I mistyped the dir name).

--RC

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 26, 2000 11:48 PM            
Stealing my content RC? :P

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 04:53 AM            
I quickly started my Hypershot program at the beginning of the 4th game so I sent plenty of captures to coax including the final score.I wish I had remembered to start it before the first game I have a screen shot of the 3rd game score if somebody can help me figure out how to decode the buffers.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 04:55 AM            
I quickly started my Hypershot program at the beginning of the 4th game so I sent plenty of captures to coax including the final score.I wish I had remembered to start it before the first game I have a screen shot of the 3rd game score if somebody can help me figure out how to decode the buffers.

IP:

JL
posted December 27, 2000 07:13 AM            
I.ve pasted printscreen shots of TM into Microsoft paint and they came out good. I save them as bitmaps and covert them with Pagis format converter into jpegs.

IP:

JL
posted December 27, 2000 07:13 AM            
Still can't get alt f12 to work. It acts like it took one, (screen pauses) but no screens.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited December 27, 2000).]

IP:

JL
posted December 27, 2000 07:40 AM            
Ok now this is weird. The bitmap for the map I have displayed for a single player game(on the map selection screen) gets written over when I try to take a screen.
I was wondering why map .bmps were coming up when I search for a file by date. Now I have several maps with blank pictures in the map selection screen.
There are not any screens just blank images where there should be map pics.

Someone please set yours up and check, this might be a bug.

IP:

swisher
posted December 27, 2000 08:47 AM            
HyperSnap-DX takes screen shots as well (maybe even for Glide?). Get it at http://znet.tucows.com/preview/996.html

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 27, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 27, 2000 08:59 AM            
SuperUnknown - screenshots + vsync off = that ugliness you're describing. Not much you can do about it

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 27, 2000 11:28 AM            
I have the full *cracked* version of hypersnap DX (ie no demo logo top left)

if anyone wants a copy keep your eyes peeled on the deathmatch federation website where i will make it avaiable to everyone from monday.

Cheers all - ahope this is an easy fix - ps - it also grabs dvd and 3dfx

dont say i never do anythin' for yas ! lol

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 12:06 PM            
thanx Matrix, I use hypersnap and the crack would be very useful

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 27, 2000 03:26 PM            
Sorry for the double post above.I use Hypersnap too so I can grab those Glide images.I guess once the image is distorted,there is nothing you can do about it.

IP:

swisher
posted December 28, 2000 11:41 PM            
I can't get any screen shots in 1.5. I added the animdir=c:\tempshots\tank to the config.cfg file in my TM 1.5 directory, but to no avail.
Any more things to trry?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 12:56 AM            
I'm having the same problem, lets just let them think its an easy problem to fix

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2000 09:01 AM            
Frankly, I'm upset that so much was pulled from version 1.0.1 (screen shots, Function keys, etc.). Why spend coding time removing functionality? I read somewhere that Tom was freeing up space for expansion, but what the heck does a few meg on a hard drive cost now-a-days? Whatever was removed certainly didn't improve performance, either. I bought a new video card to support 1.5.

------------------
BWL/MG

IP:

ramTHIS
posted December 29, 2000 12:21 PM            
Just a thought, I have Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 6, and it takes gorgeous screen captures that are the same size as your screen resolution, as easy to read as the screen when you are playing. If I had thought of it ahead of time, I would've taken shots of the DDM, but oh well....I'll be sure to have it running next match.

Speaking of which, when is the next match?? I've been getting a lot better, and I wanna improve that pathetic score!!!

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 12:23 PM         
we should plan the next one(s)...

i'll start a new topic, as we should find a way to reduce the # of players (lag problems, and let's face it - it was insane!)

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

synack
posted December 29, 2000 04:59 PM         
Well, ramTHIS, at least YOUR pathetic scores got recorded. MY pathetic scores were lost in the ether.

The difficulty for me and ramTHIS in taking and saving screenshots is that we're quickly scrambling to change our player names and setup for the next match. Perhaps we might consider a combined name for the matches, eh? Nah ... probably not. I don't want my pathetic scores being confused with his improving game. :P

We'll be getting ramTHIS his own copy of TM, so when he returns to college mid-January, you may hopefully see both of us online together now and then.

Turned him into a little TM-junkie, I did.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited December 29, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 08:22 PM            
hehe, an other member joins the cult ::evil voive:: hahahahahahahahaha

IP: