|
Author Topic:   a potential bug me and super found
coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 02:20 AM            
when me and super played on Homelan version 1.5. Super noticed that it said he was in the lead and then he lost the lead like every second when we were tied. I didn't hear it because I had my mp3 player on but i noticed our names switching back and forth alot in the lead position when i held down 'tab'

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 04:36 AM            
Yeah,the announcer guy was going nuts, saying the lead had changes every 5 seconds when it hadn't.Maybe its on the server side or maybe its in the game.

IP:

JL
posted December 26, 2000 09:19 AM            
I Think it uses how much health you have to break a tie. Where you battling at all when that was happening?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 26, 2000 12:41 PM            
To determine lead:

Frags ranked first.
Deaths ranked second.
Health ranked third.

If you were tied in Frags and Deaths, then it uses health. I assume you were battling it out so you were probably flopping back and forth in terms of who had the highest health.

Not sure what happens when you both are tied in health though - I think it then uses who has the higher id number on the server - as in who connected first usually (unless someone before you left)...

--RC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 05:48 PM            
we weren't battling when it happened. But i noticed the health gitters a little bit even when yyou don't battle

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 28, 2000 04:00 AM            
no other comments?

IP: