|
Author Topic:   what improvements I would like to see in the game
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 25, 2000 10:42 PM            
#1-A hotkey that lets you change teams or tanks without having to leave the game to do so
#2-Ability to see who's playing on a server without having to join it first.
#3-Have the game keep a list of IPs, in the multiplayer window, that the master server dosen't have where all you have to do is select it and hit battle.(i'm always forgeting or losing the #'s)
#4-Maybe show the big weapons like nukes on the radar where everybody will be fighting to get to it
I know the developers are looking for feedbck in this game.This is just my 2-bits.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 25, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 25, 2000 10:48 PM            
#1 - all you have to do is hit esc, click the tank/team of your choice, then click back, and hit esc.
#2 - yes. I would prefer a separate spy tool.
#3 - yes.
#4 - no. It already plays an audio announcement, and half the fun is fragging the heck out of all the people searching for it

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 26, 2000 01:05 AM            
1: As Kaeto said when in multiplayer.
2: That would be nice. Not sure how it would be implemented or even if it can be. We've thought about this before. We looked into Gamespy in early development but they never responded to our e-mails.
3: Interesting idea. Probably pretty easy to add. Give us an e-mail if you want to see it in...that way we'll have a record of if. (e-mail it to longbow@longbowdigitalarts.com )
4: Definately not a good idea. As Kaeto said, half the fun is in finding the weapon that just spawned...or getting killed just as you see it and then having to find your way back hoping that no one else has seen it... Plus if you look at the entity files, they are just text. How would you distinguish one weapon from another when determining a map pointer? Some server could change it to show only the ramdrills or only the mass drivers. Then what do you do? Its not something thats really pratical from a gameplay standpoint...

--RC

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 04:33 AM            
On the first one I was talking about in-game keys that allow you to do this without having to hit escape and selecting the tank or team and then hiting return.Just a simple idea that I think would add convience.I know of other games that do it that way,that why I brought it up.Also,your a easy target while your tinkering around in the menu.
I can live without showing big weapons on radar.Just thought it would add a interesting twist.Yuor right,half the fun is not knowing who has the weapon.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 04:36 AM            
hehe, I knew what super meant.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 26, 2000 12:43 PM            
Well you don't really want a way of quickly changing tanks - it resets your frags to zero when you do. If it was a hotkeyed operation think how you could accidentally reset your frags...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 26, 2000 11:12 PM            
Good point.....It could be accidently tripped....unless it was a combination of keys,like ALT-?,a letter representing the color like b for blue.Makng the tanks have hotkeys would be a problem though since there are so many.Oh well,probablly a silly idea,but i think it would be usefull for me if it worked.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 02, 2001 12:25 AM            
Just another idea. On the servers n stuff it'd be nice to know how many bots there are in there and how many real peoples or if theres somebody in the chat room thingys

------------------
8) Can't forget those smileys wearing Sunglass's at the Bottem Can we 8)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 02, 2001 01:47 AM            
It usually tells you how many bots are on the server when you highlight the IP address.You can then get the total numbr of humans by subtracting the number of bots from the total number of players.I would like to be able to see the names of the humans that are on a server.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted January 02, 2001 09:17 PM            
didn't know that hehe oops i try that from now on

------------------
8) Can't forget those smileys wearing Sunglass's at the Bottem Can we 8)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 03, 2001 06:32 AM            
There are some good ideas here,

I brought up the issue of tank ai being to high a while back, well with much practicing i can deal with that now, however i still feel that the addition of a TARGET or LAG systems would be good for learners.

This is an idea that was implemented in battlezone and it works wonderfully.

The idea is an INGAME key that shows where to fire at the enemy given lag or whatever, a target lead position identifier.

Also the idea of seeing whos in a server b4 u join it is a top idea, and again that was implemented on battlezone 4 years ago - it works a treat and pulls you away from the problem of finding a friend in a game - its easy now, but as more servers appear i can see the list getting like the server list on unreal or quake - and the only way that could be got round was to join up with maplyer, make a room in there and join the game from that point - finding a gamename or person in there is a nightmare without m-player.

just a thought !, get it in on a patch in the early days to make things better for people comming in over the next few years, because belive me, if this aint done early it will suffer for it later.

As for modding, hmmm im still having no luck making a valid map !

ho hum, carry on i suppose - lmao

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 03, 2001 08:07 AM            
There are a couple of problems with your target leading idea, Rixy :
1. Unlike Battlezone, in TM projectiles are affected by their parent's movement.
2. In TM's third person view, I'm not sure how helpfull it would be.
3. It would make the game way to easy IMO.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 03, 2001 08:41 PM            
true m8, i hadnt thought of that, bz is first person. it would be very difficult to implement in tm due to the 3d person view.

i do think tho that for map makers, to be able to diferenciate between fixed weapon points (same weapon respawn), and the usual any weapon spawn in a single spot would be a useful addition. Not sure how you would persue this one, but it would mean i would be able to port map designs from battlezone and thus bring a whole clanbase culture with me !

as far as they will be concerned it would be an upgrade. Think along the lines of the counter strike mod for unreal tourney, the mod is actually better than the counterstrike original game !!

if we can accomplish this with tm, you will have an instant 500+ new players on the 1.5 servers.

what you think - feasable ?

-=[/2]=-

------------------

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 03, 2001 11:02 PM            
You already can control spawning to whatever you want - look at the training maps. Come to think of it, playing Pyramid or Colly in TM would be SWEET

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 04, 2001 02:06 PM            
Exactamundo !

that is my goal. I havent actually played the training maps lol. But a useful thing to include in any future mapmaker program ! (JIM !!!!! COME ON M8 )

-=[/2]=-

IP: