|
Author Topic:   --Biography Webpage!!!--
coax
Administrator
posted December 24, 2000 07:12 AM            
My Biography webpage is now finished with its construction phase. The page is now ready to accept more biographies from everyone in the TM community. 3 biographies are already up. You can send your biography to coaxs@yahoo.com with choice of background and favorite pic, or you can create your own biography page and i can link to your site. The website is http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 24, 2000 03:38 PM            
Sorry coax,I was suppose to get you a pic and bio and I forgot all about it in the holiday chaos.I'll get right on it

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 24, 2000 04:16 PM            
its cool, just send it whenever you can

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 25, 2000 04:22 AM            
superunknown your biography is now up check it out, and tell me if anything needs modifying. http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/superunknown.html

Newbies this is a great way to get your name out to the TM community, submit your TM biography

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 25, 2000 10:27 PM            
Good job coax.Come on people,there are only 4 bio's on his website out of how many players?
Just joking,I know some of you will get around to it after Christmas.If you aren't doing jack though, get a screen capture and email it and you bio to coaxs@yahoo.com....Oh yeah Merry Christmas and try to stay sober this New Years

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 26, 2000 11:51 AM            
Username:
How Long been playing TM:
1st Favorite Tank:
2nd Favorite Tank:
1st Favorite Map:
2nd Favorite Map:
Favorite Weapon:
Favorite Flag:
Clan Affiliation:
ICQ Number:
Homepage:
Email Address:
Notes:
Favorite Pic:

This is basically the stuff just copy it into your e mail fill it in and send it off. Now easyer than easy

------------------
_O-) Can't forget those Water-Proof Smileys at the bottem can we _O-)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2000 01:00 AM            
peeeto your biography is up, check it out at http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/peeeto.html and let me know if anything needs modifying.

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2000 08:43 AM            
Hey, Peeeto, where did you get the tank (jeep) in your bio page?

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 2000 08:45 AM            
*cough*

Notice the "for now" in his favorite tank sections. Yep. And don't ask questions.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 09:15 AM         
it's my Humvee - looks cool, eh? just wait 'till it's finished! just about a week or two, now...

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2000 11:12 AM            
Let me know, Peeeto!

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2000 12:40 PM            
for some reason the background for biopage2 seems to take a loooonng time to load (for me on a dialup56k) and untill it does I can't see any names(which makes it difficult to nav if 1 stops the dl of the background)

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2000 01:30 PM            
Rex R:

If you use Netscape 4.7, see this post (posted December 29, 2000 08:55 AM): www.longbowdigitalarts.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000696-2.html

------------------
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 29, 2000).]

IP:

peeeto
posted December 29, 2000 01:33 PM         
i'm running IE5 on a DSL here at work, and that page takes a looooooong time to load for me, too...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 29, 2000 02:44 PM            
Yes the background does take a long time to load ;( we have to look for a different smaller way smaller one

------------------
<:) Can't forget those smileys wearing Dunce Caps at the Bottem Can we <:)

IP:

Rex R
posted December 30, 2000 02:21 AM            
using ie5. I am a bit confused though is that background a jpg or a bmp? reason I ask, thought I saw that it was loading biopic2.jpg but when I tried to save it ie5 gave bmp as the only option.
mayhap in the interum you could change the text color(player's names) to a different color
(edit)
just looked at the page again. I see you have made a few changes. hope you get the background figured out. it did look good when it finally loaded

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited December 30, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2000 02:42 AM            
yeah i liked the old background a lot myself. It was made by Ant and slightly modified by me. It was just to large and any compression we did just didn't work. Ant recently sent me a new one but it was 32kb(and we were both afraid it would be to large still), so for now the background is the simplest one that still looks okay.

On an other note Karldar's biography is up now, and to make everyones life easy heres the link http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/bio.html

IP:

Rex R
posted December 30, 2000 04:20 AM            
32k doesn't sound over large. any way of doing the text seperatly and tile the rest perhaps(hmm yust remembered the text was repeated as well) mayhap a single line of text over a tiled background(but what do I know, I haven't tried any web page design, I may be blowing smoke)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2000 07:03 AM            
I'm not sure I know what you mean Rex. Since this is the first website I'm trying to develop, i don't know. If you want i can give you the password to the site and you can show me what you mean.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 30, 2000 02:23 PM            
fraid I wouldn't be much help with the page(I am totaly clueless about them aside from the obvious like don't use a 900kb bmp for decoration) what I meant about tiling is,
if you use a 64 x 64 pic for your wallpaper then have windows tile it, letsee win would place some 10 rows of 13 pics to cover a 800 x 600 screen, then it plops the icons over the top of the wallpaper. it takes far less memory to repeat a 4kb pic 130x than 1 800 x 600 pic. like I said, I don't know if you can do that on a webpage

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2000 10:33 PM            
okay now I know what you mean. Your referring to a 'texture'. Yes thats a very good idea and thats what me and Ant are aiming to do for the rest of the website

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 31, 2000 12:27 AM            
we've done that to most of the biographys so far i think

------------------
<:) Can't forget those smileys wearing Dunce Caps at the Bottem Can we <:)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 31, 2000 07:30 PM            
Dudymas' bio is now up, you can read it at http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/dudymas.html

IP: