This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  |
Author Topic:   Name meanings
ramTHIS
posted December 21, 2000 01:57 AM            
Hey everyone! First time I'm posting here...I got to play with a few of you guys the other night, and I'll be on more often in the coming weeks...I just wanted to hop on and say hi!

Also thought I'd take this time to explain my name "ramTHIS"...cause it sounds kinda harsh I guess....where I go to college, our mascot is a "Golden Ram"...and my favorite shirt from school says in big, bold letters "RAM THIS" on the front...it's just a fun school thing...didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression....and it's not an invitation to be chased down continuously with the drill!!!

Also thought this might be a chance for anyone else who might want to, to explain the meaning of their names....just a thought.

So, I'll see you all again soon

-ram

[This message has been edited by ramTHIS (edited December 21, 2000).]

IP:

tankabott
posted December 21, 2000 02:33 AM         
hi,
tank abbott is a pit fighter, hes in a bunch of ufc's. no one can stand 2 seconds on their feet after being hit in the head with one of his punches...he said he could bench 600lb although i kind of doubt it.
tank abbott is on wcw or wwf now; im not sure which but i bet its wcw. wcw sucks.

i choose the name cause in the ufc's hes kind of cool, well hes kind of fat and slow...but he can knock people out pretty easily. the fact, that it was the only name that popped into my head when i registered for the forums had more to do with it though.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 21, 2000 02:34 AM            
I liked the name coaxial from coaxial cable. Shortened it and called myself coax. That was like 2 years ago

[This message has been edited by coax (edited September 03, 2003).]

IP:

Karldar
posted December 21, 2000 05:06 AM            
Well, my name comes from the first character that I rolled up for Baldur's Gate. I liked it so much that I decided to use it for TM. At first I played under different names depending on the tank I was using, but that proved to be too much trouble in the long run so I settled on Karldar. He's a dwarf in BG so that's part of why I drive the dwarf tank in TM. BTW, if anyone remembers playing with/against Supafreak or Deathdealer, that was probably me.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

synack
posted December 21, 2000 07:54 AM         
"synack" is just a combination of the SYNchronize and ACKnowledge packets that two devices exchange upon starting an IP session.

Easy to pronounce, and unlikely to stir up trouble.

Hey, ramTHIS! What are you doing up at 2am??

Guess that explains why he sleeps until noon.

IP:

Hawk
posted December 21, 2000 08:13 AM            
I think 'Hawk' is pretty self-explanatory

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

IP:

Efflixi
posted December 21, 2000 08:37 AM            
Efflixi is Latin for 'to destroy' or 'to obliterate'

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 21, 2000 08:43 AM            
Kaeto. Made up for MUDing. Now everyone calls me Kaeto IRL. Only problem is all the people online who think I'm a girl.

------------------
-Kaeto
I AM 1337er than you :P

IP:

swisher
posted December 21, 2000 09:09 AM            
Swisher Sweet cigars. (Trying to quit [again].)

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 21, 2000 11:19 AM            
Random Chaos - because there is such a thing as ordered chaos I wanted to make sure that I didn't fall in that field (can I help it that I was a physics major?)

Often shortened to RC when signing posts.

I orginally started using this name for my computer when I was sharing it on the school LAN, but when I started playing online games I decided to keep it. I've only found 1 or 2 other people on any of my ICQ or AIM lists that even use this name...and I have no idea who they are. Its a rather rare nick.

--RC

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 21, 2000 11:24 AM            
The only other Kaeto's I've found are from like India and stuff

IP:

Hunter
posted December 21, 2000 12:41 PM            
Hunter is my name because besides playing computer games I love to hunt upland game birds out here in Arizona. Also my first hunting dog's name is Hunter.

IP:

Cell
posted December 21, 2000 02:21 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 21, 2000 02:22 PM            
If you have 500 celibate bh6's, why don't you try to find them some CPUs?

IP:

Cell
posted December 21, 2000 02:25 PM         
Knew I shoudn't of entered this discussion...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 21, 2000 04:53 PM            
heheheheheheheh MWA HAHAAHHA heres my life story/name meaning/and how i found tm all in one from an old post i wrote

------------------
:) Can't forget those Smileys at the Bottem can we:)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 21, 2000 04:56 PM            
Ok i am 12/M/CA right now.

Well one day my dad brings home somthing from work(im four at the time) and says he can't use it for work anymore. oooooooooohhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh cool its a TV? BIG remote control. Well anywaymy dad puts roger rabbit on the computer and mickey's acb's, 123's ,jigsaw puzzles...ETC Well anyway i looooved those games they were so cool. I even beat rogger rabbit at my age. It was taken off the market for its diffeculty. Then my dad needed to bring home some work pc's to work on um. So we moved the computer from are home office to my room. My dad wanted to put an old dell dos computer on a card table that couldn't stand up even with out anything on it lol. It bearly worked. Anyway im looking at an old cabinet above where the dos used to be while im 6. I find flight sim 98 and JET. Cool my dad gave in and said sure we could try it.(Now im not the kinda person who likes or liked to read manuels. I learn thorugh expericne I try like crazy and get good at what ever it is and discover a new feature every oncein a while which helps me master suprmely what im doing)So my dad loads it up. Lets see here F1 that makes me go nowhere. F2 makes me go a little slower F3 makes me go fast And F4 Full throtle (My favorite button for somereason I try and try and don't get any luck. Finally my dad wants my sister to get a chance instead of me driveing into the water. So my sister places her hands on the arrow keys pushing the down key which made hey fly into the air. Imdetaly i went and stuck my hand under my sisters so that i could steer. I push right and there we yawn right into the sea. Me and my sister look at it in suprise.(3 Months latter) A baby sitter comes oever and try outs the program. Within ten seconds i showed her up. Took the key board and landed the plane right before she crash 3 feet infront of the run way. (6 Months latter doing stunts with a cessna and stopwith camel and a lear jet) Landing on carriers doing loops...Etc. Then came the wonder PC.
Oooooooohhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. A wonderfully fast win 95 (actually bad grashpic slow computer)The first game i wanted to put on was rogger rabbit. When we called the place to see if they made it for win 95 the guy laughed."They took that off the markets like a year ago because nobody liked it and it was to hard" man ;( so i couldn't put it on. I played rattler race and all the other games that came along with the computer. Then my grandma and grandpa got a computer with monoply. We played it every time we went over. Then my dad got scrabble and monoply for are computer. Cool. Then my dad got a new work computer it came with a horror program called the 7TH GUEST its not gory its terrifying. Man i littlereally couldn't sleep for the next month i didn't get any sleep. I saw a clown in the pool room. Sounds like im a wimp its still that freaky.Its the kinda horror not game that turns men to mice ouch. Then a family the martinezs suggested a temporay software trade. We got myst they got the horror. But just a few days before hand my and my childhood firend jonathon and hidden my flight Sim 3.1 disk in the 7TH GUEST box. And away it went.I then figured my sister had stolen it forgeting that we had hidden it. My dad was looking through a computer magizine he saw Flight Simulater 98. (by now im really broken up about my favorite game stolen, well thought to be stolen) My dad excitedly pointed it out to me and asked me if i wanted to get it sometime "Maybe but its not as good as my old flight sim i probaly." But then the martinezs found my game and returned it one rainy day. Yahoo my happiness was restored. Soon after we got Flight Sim 98 Whoa this has good graphics. Good sound millions of airports litteraly. I flew millions if not 1 billion flights soon i became loonsome and i wanted a freind or partner. Then i saw Http://www.Zone.com Cool. Multiplayer.Whoa.This was what i had been looking for all along. We treid to downlaod the zone software but there was always one more thing are computer needed it seemed. After a month of this the last download came. It was just the zone room stuff like 400k no biggy i didn't know that. I went upstairs and wondered why zone was so confusing. I come down and find out it worked all the stuff was down. The longest of these downloads was internet Explorer it took from 8:00 pm to 6:00 am. Ouch. So my first flight of cousre the person wants to fly a 727-747 boeing. Ouch its a kind of liner. Man i coudn't take off. I was so nervous. I forgot to take off the brakes man ;( And i still had the fuel at zero cause i wanted to see if i could glide down from the ozone without fuel. Man so then i just quit ;( My name was Heirborn since airborn was taken. I lost the password before they had pass word retriveal. Then my dad and i made the name Manx7. And my dad did Flight Sim 98 with me, Mostly so he could talk to the other people i was just there to fly the plane and make it look like he could fly n type hehe. Once we had a conversation with sombody in french about the movie flubber. lol it was funny. He tried to talk in english and my dad tired to talk in french. My dad did pretty good from what the french man said after. Then i saw a new zone game ANTS ants? Is it like sim ant because by then we had that and one of my dads clinets wanted to give us sim city. Well i tried to play it but i hadn't run the setup being the smart person i was. Didn't work so i left it. I branch out among the zone onto Go (Chinsese Chess) reversi,Checkers,Chess,Flight sim 98. And then my dad thought about getting a new computer. We went to cosco and found one. He ordered it and it came....etc you get the point. We put it together good screen savers that was my first thought about it. Then it came with a UMAX astra 122op scanner and a deskjet color printer. Cool again i thought, no oooooohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh this time, but i thought it at least My dad Registered the name Goldeng8 on the computer. I made many freinds.And then i go back to ants.Maybe just maybe with this miracle wonder PC. Maybe it just might work. So I tried it it downlaoded then i ran the setup program and Yahoo it worked! HTTP://www.zone.com/ants Very harsh place. To many cussers...Etc so just minimize the bar above the chat window and your home free So anyway i Saw Clans (Clans are what the teams are called on Ants) and i finally wanted to make a clan. So i needed a new name whats something that would be original and wonderful and classic all at once. Wait i had a name. GoldAnt yes GoldAnt but GoldAnt what???? GoldAnt_Leader man to official to dorky, GoldAnt_Ldr to werid. "GoldAnt_Number1". Theres a golden ring a fitting sound to it. So i made a clan The Golden Ants. It is on the Zone today and still growing we just recived are 30th member a few days ago and are 31st just two days ago.The Team profile is http://www.zone.com/profile/infoteam.asp?Players=4&Teams=2&PlayerID=GoldAnt_Number1&TeamID=The+Golden+Ants

And the mebers page is http://www.zone.com/Profile/MembersTeam.asp?Players=4&Teams=2&PlayerID=GoldAnt_Number1&TeamID=The+Golden+Ants

Well any way I got quite a few golden firends one of which was GoldAnt_Nick5. Yes indeed. He started to make a downloads page. Many great games on there.Well anyway one of the games on there is pizza tycoon. Of cousrse with my luck it didn't work so I went to the main site(Im downloading it right now because gozilla finally found a link left unbroken for me ) Well anyway i go to the site and its just plain corrupt. Here leamie give you the correupt link to http://classicgames.findhere.com/ Now back to are story and note your gonna get about 6 advertisemnt windows wait tell there all done coming then close them. Now back to the tread marks story, I go here i saw a game dx-ball2 cool. Sounds 3D so i download it. When i played it I imdatiley fell inlove with it. So i vist the site. I soon beat all the DX-ball2 levels.So i went to the cheat area. After millions on millions on windows I got cheats, lol man i had 24 modem and it seemed like forever to get thorugh all those windows. Then i see partical fire. Looks cool so i dwonloaded it. Same with Tigers Bane. I loved both of um. Unfortunatly i didn't see partical toy. So then i paly those for a month (hey im 12 now)ok so anyway i paly thsoe for a month then i see tread marks looks fun. so i almost downloaded it,You see Lda scared me away with the 22 Mb download lol. But then 2 days latter i downloaded it. (I know have a 48000bps modem) So 30 seconds before its done my sister Lisa Unplugs the modem NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 5 minutes latter poor me my online time was up. But next day i was back on and rdy to do some downloading. I downlaoded it.....etc and here i am now. I have the demo and im saving up for the full version AND THATS ME STORY BEAT THAT ANY OF YOU HHHHHHAHAHAHHAH I WANT A MEDAL OF HONOR NOW Kaeto like my story.Dudy like it? anybody like it?
(NOTE:THIS IS A TRUE STORY)

Ok so who really read to da end of this si what im askin now huh? well? well hope ya understand the TRUE AND COMPLETE Meaning of my name. Ya can still see me on the zone playing ants too

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 21, 2000 05:01 PM            
Also i think i should get the award for the longest post ever written. (I think this is the longest isn't it?)

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 22, 2000 12:25 AM            
SuperUnknown goes back to my hacker days when I used alias software and I really was super unknown.The name kinda just stuck and I use it for about anything on the Net.
(its also a Sound Garden song from what I've been told{no relation though})

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 22, 2000).]

IP:

peeeto
posted December 22, 2000 08:57 AM         
(gives GA the prize) it's a freakin' BOOK! gotta hand it to ya, though - at least it's coherent... not the mad ravings of a cookiedough-crazed mind!

IP:

Hawk
posted December 22, 2000 09:48 AM            
Actually, I don't think that's the longest post on here...Dudy's probably written longer, and I know that other people have written books... but it's right up there (and Dudy's 'books' don't count because 90 percent of the content is either about cookie dough or Dudymas's insane laughter (or insulting Kaeto and I) )

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 23, 2000 03:35 PM            
ohwell i tried hehehe.
And its 9426 characters long mwa hahahhahahahahahahaahhahahehehehehe. Almost 1000 i should've typed just a bit more

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2001 04:41 PM            
Matrix, how did you get your name?

------------------
Biography Website

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 27, 2001 12:00 AM            
Well since the question has been asked, my name stems from the simple fact that I retired from the Naval Reserves in 1988 after completing a combination of active duty (7 + years) and reserve time (13 + years) for a total of about 21 years all together. Once out of the active duty time for the Navy I completed a BS degree in computer science at a University in Missouri and went to work in the computer field. I have been doing work in that field now for a little over 20 years. So you can see where Sailor comes from.

------------------
Pass the salt - it's time to go to sea. Clan TC

IP:

Skandranon
posted February 01, 2001 12:32 AM            
Hmm.. my name is a direct theft from a novel series by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon. But at least my use has Mr. Dixon's tacit approval. So no lawyers beating on my door.

I adopted the name since it's the name I use on a certain MUCK that shall remain anonymous. *chuckle*

IP:

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7