|
Author Topic:   Advertising
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 17, 2000 06:37 PM            
Whats a good way to advertise this game? I got a good mail bot that can hit the newsgroups.I would like to get more people playing the game.I do have a website, but I get no traffic ( really pisses me off since
I paid a company to promote it and run banners)Well, it is one of those "get paid to surf" things.It was just a short phase I wa going through.Anyway, I want to promote this game. Everybody with me>and the crowd goes YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 17, 2000 07:24 PM            
YEAH!!!!!!!! The way i try to promote is i tell everyone i know its the best game on the earth, but its hard for them to make that first step to download it.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 17, 2000 07:25 PM            
maybe if there were demo cds we good distribute it might help

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 17, 2000 08:08 PM            
Since I am the 1337est gamer on the earth (yeah right) everyone listens to me and buys TM

No, seriously, I've sold between 10-20 copies of TM

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 18, 2000 12:08 AM            
We've got some good posts about Tread Marks and our Tournament at the CPL up on Adrenaline Vault. Go take a look (don't have the URL on me right this sec though). They gave us at least 2 if not 3 news entries and I believe that they interviewed the winner.

--RC

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 18, 2000 01:51 AM            
i could burn (cd-rw) really small demos. and i could give full credit to LDA. Even put copyright on everything. so that then couldn't mod it.

------------------

.-==KABOOM==-.

[This message has been edited by Unforseen Chaos (edited December 18, 2000).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 18, 2000 03:04 AM            
I would burn copies too, but I wouldn't pay for the cds. And who would you give them to?
I would like to reach a bigger audience than my close friends.I usually tell them the game is cool and they take my word for it. Hum...I
just got a great idea. I would use my auto-poster to hit all the gaming sites until they put a link on their main page.....on second thought a guy got arrested for dumping
10,000 e-mails on ebay and crashing their servers :0

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 18, 2000 12:22 PM            
UC and SU:

TriSynergy is handling US marketing. Let them deal with distributing the demo. Feel free to post about the game on other sites though...just not to the point that they don't want to hear anymore about it - 1 or 2 posts max is fine...

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 18, 2000 11:14 PM            
alright, sorry but we need to get the word out. Just to let everyonee know what there missing.

------------------

.-==KABOOM==-.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 18, 2000 11:20 PM            
maybe there should be a TM t-shirt or something

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 19, 2000 01:32 AM            
I would never do anything malicous to hurt the developer's names I just want to do my part and help get the word out.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 21, 2000 05:27 PM            
Well i've distributed it to quite a few of my freinds with icq. You start a file transfer which they agree to usually then u start to explain the game and aftera while its down they have the game (And who couldn't resist clicking on the install file). I know i can't resist it for any game hehehehehehehe

------------------
:) Can't forget those Smileys at the Bottem can we:)

IP:

Hawk
posted December 21, 2000 07:16 PM            
I've been working on marketing it to the gamers at my school
I've almost sold a couple on it without them even ever having seen the game

------------------
Temporal Chaos 0wnz j00!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 23, 2000 11:10 PM            
I too am praising it too all our members, getting the curiosity up into buying it.

Its on my site too - doing all i can - ill try to do more.

-=[R]=-

IP: