|
Author Topic:   Modded Nuke... !!!and fragged modem!!!
Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted December 13, 2000 07:46 PM            
Saw the (old?) modded nuke for the first time today (mining mod server, thx, JL)... LDA, if you're going to release a patch, take this one in. It's a shame I cannot remember who invented that one.

Looks like something's been changed in TM's netcode - this never happened with the old versions: After playing online for about 1 or 2 minutes, the modem (USB, ISDN) not only disconnects the phone line, it also disconnects from USB! I'm afraid this might be lookinglike bad data arriving from the TM server! This never happens when playing against bots, only against humans. And no other online game does that, so it might really be TM.)

IP:

synack
posted December 14, 2000 06:25 AM         
interesting ...

I've seen this as well. I'll be connected to a server, playing against AI's only, then one of the guys shows up, and BOOM. Either my connection drops or the PC freezes.

I had an "improved" playing experience last night, but I'll post about that in my other thread.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted December 14, 2000 06:27 AM            
Coudl this be an enhancement to the "player changed name/bitrate/team"-prob?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 17, 2000 12:58 AM            
happened to me to on the demo before they shut it down

------------------
:) Can't forget those Smileys at the Bottem can we:)

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 17, 2000 01:31 AM            
Its common in my old computer. but now that i have an new one, it hasn't did that for a while.

------------------

.-==KABOOM==-.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 17, 2000 02:11 PM            
We haven't had any problems here at the CPL. This seems quite odd though. Shouldn't happen. Could have something to do with the client that is connecting. I have seen a very high lag client drop the connection speed of all players on the server as the server attempts to compensate.

I suggest this.
For ALL server admins that allow internet connections:
- MAKE SURE Frame Rate is set no higher than 10 in the config file.
- I would recommend no higher than 5000 ServerRate setting in the config file.

Defaults in the file are set for lan games at 20 Frames but only 5000 (max this can be set to is 10K) for the netrate.

It could be that either the client that is connecting can't support the data transfer rate of the server or the server's connection isn't high enough to handle more than a few players at its data transfer rate.

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

Dudymas
posted December 17, 2000 03:15 PM            
Otherwise, we just haven't all ganged up on RC in a while and pied him to death... Yahhhhhhh

--=======-----=====-----[}~
-------======+++++++| || || || ||[}~
>>>>>>>>>-------))))[}~
--------------============[
~~~~~~~~+++++++##########[|)
(Rocky road ice cream pie Cream Cheese Pie; Chicken Pot pie; Cheery Cherry Bomb Pie; Double layer Lemon Lime Special pie)

IP:

Dudymas
posted December 17, 2000 03:16 PM            
Sorry, must've been too much cookie dough (i think i over measured the sugar, and the extra vanilla has grave side-effects... fun fun)

IP: