This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   So how many servers are there anyway ?
=DNX= Matrix
posted December 12, 2000 09:51 AM            
All these names i read - i know they are supposed to register on the master server - but when i play im lucky to see 1 game running with someone in it.

Am i missing something ?

Is there a statis ip or sumthin i can join ?

Servers on barrys world perhaps - just wanna see more ppl online to play, im sick of bots and the AI kicks my ass, theres no learning curve - you just die !

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 12, 2000 10:41 AM         
Do you?

IP:

A2597
posted December 12, 2000 12:29 PM            
ummm, may I suggest something?
Practice, practice, practice.

If the AI's kill you, then the real people will whoop you. (Trust me on this, I learned the hard way)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 12, 2000 12:40 PM            
Well, there are usually a fair number of people playing online most days from about 8pm to 11pm EST (GMT-5 I think). It's probably a little late for you but thats when most people in the US play.

I'd expect to see a lot more people playing once the holiday's pass and everyone who's getting the game as a present gets it

--RC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 12:41 PM            
just take some more practice the AI's are terribly predictable

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 12, 2000 01:44 PM            
coax - have you played a lot with the 1.5 AI? They're actually pretty good now.

rixy - start off with the AI at 0%. At that level, they don't even shoot until you almost run into them. As you get better, bump it up. A DM with 3-5 AIs at whatever skill you can beat is the way to go.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 12, 2000 02:51 PM            
I like 15 AIs at skill level 100%

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 12, 2000 04:00 PM            
Yeah - it takes about 2 minutes to hit 20 frags

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted December 12, 2000 04:28 PM            
But usually one of the AIs will win because they frag each other faster than you can grab powerups.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 10:31 PM            
I've played the 1.5 AIs they are better, but i was averaging 6 frags an AI to 1 of me

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 10:54 PM            
Thats one of the things that popped out at me when I got 1.5;the AIs are much smarter.They no longer grab a weapon and immediatly charge at you. They were actually hiding and waiting for me to come over the hill. They also conserve their ammo, they don't fire their weapons at you when you are out of range.AI is much tougher, although not on the same level as human players.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 04:28 AM            
HMMmmmm, i think their should be AIs who mimick human players. Like an AI that mimicks coax's moves and strategy, one that mimicks sheldon's strategy, which is find a hill and start shooting. And maybe an AI that mimics a newbie's strategy which is run around the course because they think it's a race server.

IP:

Cell
posted December 13, 2000 06:52 AM         
No, the AI-Newbie should only try fragging its teamates. much more realistic

IP:

peeeto
posted December 13, 2000 10:18 AM         
might be nice to have AI intelligence tweaking, like increasing/decreasing defense & offense, hunting for better weapons, etc...

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 13, 2000 01:04 PM            
Hmmm...interesting ideas Peeeto - similar to the AI behavior in Homeworld - Offense/Defense ratio and how regularly it will attack humans in addition to overall difficulty settings...

I wouldn't expect to see this for any update...but who knows, things can always change

Of course there would be some nutcases (such as me) that would play 20 AIs on 100% Offense with 100% likelyhood of attacking the player

--RC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 01:30 PM            
I would also like to see AI-Ramalot, that AI would just be going around ramming other thanks

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 13, 2000).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 13, 2000 04:25 PM            
thx guys i feel much better now as a TM newbie. Ill practice offline a while im just making myself look like a dickweed here.

Ill take advice given and hopefully return a bit better. I just hope ppl who buy 1.5 have the same view of things.

Remember, you guys have been playing from pretty much day 1 and know ai patterns of attack and how they move - i dont. But right now i feel like an eggplant :\

l8rs -=[R]=-

IP:

peeeto
posted December 13, 2000 04:41 PM         
don't stay completely away from the servers... we've had some pretty fun mining sessions lately
don't have to worry 'bout staying alive while mining - most of the time it's suicide on purpose!

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 13, 2000 06:09 PM            
quote:
Remember, you guys have been playing from pretty much day 1 and know ai patterns of attack and how they move - i dont. But right now i feel like an eggplant :\

To be correct : I played from day 2 (the day after TM b1 was released). Dreamer is the only other player I know of who has played since B1.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted December 13, 2000 06:54 PM            
Moriarty, too - he introduced me to TM, after all Although I think I registered here before he did - under my then-nick il_mutanto.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 13, 2000 07:57 PM            
Dreamer is a much cooler name

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 10:23 PM            
if your name has 'numbers' or '__' or 'ugliness' it just stares at me as newbie. Thats why i keep my name leet, short, 2-syllable although up to 3 is okay, 1 word, undercased, and with an x.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 13, 2000).]

IP:

DNX-Cemetery-P
posted January 07, 2001 05:14 AM            
WEll, i certainly feel stupid, i thought those were people on there!! i honestly tried to talk to them, then i found out, but i think you guys better watch out, im killing those AL's and ive only had game 1 day so far!!!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 07, 2001 05:49 AM            
lol, I'll tell you a secret Cem. I tried to talk to the AIs too my first time.

IP:

Karldar
posted January 07, 2001 06:40 AM            
Sometimes I chat when there's no one else around just to vent and stuff. Stupid AI's....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2