|
Author Topic:   Finally got 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 02:01 AM            
SuperUnknown is very happy now Finally went to Babbages and picked up a copy.The game runs much smoother than 1.0 shareware, that, I like a lot. No more slow downs or freeze ups when I fire a weapon that is heavy on graphics. I have to get to know the tanks other than the 3 in shareware.
I do have one question, can I still play on the shareware version if I use one of the 3 tanks? I noticed it wasn't listed in multiplayer.I have buddies that play on the shareware version and do not have the full version.What is the IP if so.
Thanks in advance<<<>>>

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 03:14 AM            
I'm not an expert in the field of connecting to servers. But I believe the 1.5 version can be considered its own game seperate to ver. 1.0, so you couldn't play on the ver. 1.0 server. Its not the same thing as having the full version 1.0 and still connecting to the shareware 1.0 . And you might want to tell your friends to buy the new version 1.5 because I've heard that LDA is closing the shareware servers eventually, even though I don't think they should. especially NGI

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 12, 2000 12:44 PM            
Version 1.5 cannot connect to V1.0 and vise versa. Also the V1.0 master server has been set to not show servers available to any shareware copies.

--RC

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 10:42 PM            
I was able to play on shareware by directly entering the IP, 194.177.103.42;as long as I picked the one of the 3 tanks. Another reason I wanted to get on 1.0 or shareware games is simply because there are more people there. There was 4 servers up last night on for 1.5 and I never saw a human except for Karldar, who I met on the 1.0 server and who joined me on the 1.5 server.I would really hate to see the shareware portion go, although I believe the people should purchase the game.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 12, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 04:30 AM            
i think the shareware servers should still stay up, except you should type in the IP to connectto them that way nebies would have to buy the game and maybe learn about the secret servers at a later time

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 13, 2000 09:45 AM            
Only version 1.0 Demo can connect to those old demo servers. That demo is no longer available, and therefore there is no way to connect to the demo servers by new players. They have to go with Demo 1.5 which has multiplayer disabled.

--RC

IP:

peeeto
posted December 13, 2000 10:19 AM         
Super - can you really connect to the NGI server from 1.5?! that would be great! i'll have to try that tonight...

------------------
Black Widow Lance all the way, baby!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 09:33 PM            
Yes Peeeto, I have been able to play on the 1.0 shareware server through 1.5.I'm not sure about about the other 1.0 games, but it works for the demo. The cool thing about is that it retains the better graphics and physics from 1.5 while your playing on 1.0

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 13, 2000).]

IP:

A2597
posted December 13, 2000 09:48 PM            
I played online thought the 1.01 demo last night, no problems, all I did was ******* ** **** ** ***** ***

[This message has been edited by Some Unknown Moderator (edited December 13, 2000).]

IP: