This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   It gets better !
=DNX= Matrix
posted December 05, 2000 05:27 PM            
Thanks for the kind welcome guys ! nice to be met with such enthusiasm on such a new format.

The DNX clan has actually been around somwhere in the region of 8 years on differing projects. Im going to bring some experience into TM by setting up a league of clans to do battle in tournaments, and help to spread mods n stuff.

if this is as successful as previous ventures we should see the TM community grow 10fold in the next 3 to 4 months.

Watch this space for the URL to DEATHMATCH FEDERATION.

im going to be counting on each and all of you for support as im sure you will me over the comming months as we learn about this exciting new game.

Its great to be here, and i cant wait to face some of you in the arena.

Best wishes friends.

DNX Matrix
Clan President.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 05, 2000 05:36 PM            
Well...if you're playing tonight I'll probably be on Homelan - but if JL has a mining server set up I might be there instead - I need to go mine again

Got a few other people that will be on tonight also - but don't know the times...

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 05, 2000 05:42 PM         
Thanks for the nice reply to the kind welcome...

The TM Game has actually been around somwhere in the region of 2 years in differing versions. Now you're going to experience some TM by stumbling into a bunch of happy clans and modders and site-builders.

If this game is as successful as it deserves, we should see the TM community grow 10fold within two weeks.

Watch this space for exactly one hour and fifteen minutes and you'll be high on cookie dough, doc.

Each of us is counting on you to keep screaming low and infrequent and to seamlessly meld into the community. You can expect the same of us. We already know this exciting old game.

It's great to be here and I can't face some of you in the arena. Err.... Umm.... Darn.

Hoowoo!

BWL]Dreamer[MG
Clan Founder + Head
Guild Member
Site Slave

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 05, 2000 06:38 PM            
lOL DREAMER you seem to have taken the words litterally out of my mouth - hehehehe

2 years huh, i had no idea - i got the demo from 3dfiles.com

then went and bought it ! - looks like i need to do some catching up - some clan links and other associated stuff would be handy - url's plz guys - hehe

dont wanna be treading on toes here.

Say - when i launch, i just query the master server... so where u guys hang out - do you connect to a specific ip and port ?

pod me the details and ill join u guys in some cool beans head to head brain mulching

Matrix !

IP:

Hawk
posted December 05, 2000 08:18 PM            
Hehe, welcome. Some of us have been around longer than others- I've been here since early summer 1999, Kaeto, RC, Dreamer etc have been here longer than I have...TM's 1.0 release was only available through the website, but we all bought it anyway
So we're all exp3rienced players
Temporal Chaos (Me, RC, and Kaeto right now...lost some active members along the way) and Black Widow Lance (Dreamer's clan) are the two originals...It's always nice to get some new clans in a game Competition!

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 05, 2000 08:35 PM            
hay, hay,hay. For the record book there is an other clan, clan Goathead. It might not be a year old clan, but it is the third clan

IP:

swisher
posted December 05, 2000 11:52 PM            
There is a trophy picture that shipped with TM and is in located in "C:\Program Files\Tread Marks\art\menusTrophyScreen.bmp". I propose that the clans battle it out for the right to display it on their website. It could pass from site to site as tournaments are won/lost.

I'd post the pic here, but my PC is out to lunch, so I can't convert it to a .jpg file.
I'm going to need to join a clan soon. Peeeto, are you going to join a fragging clan (other than MG)?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 06, 2000 12:02 AM            
Well, im starting to recruit members for DNX as more players appear - we typically have around 25 plaqyers per game format.

As for the trophy, ya i saw it - hmmmmm i figure i can knock some extra ones up too.

But yes u get the idea - a tourney night with dm's and referees. score submissions to site and results up in 2 days to see whos number 1 lonewolf and or clan !

even tho till now tm has been site only - its in the shops now - that means many more ppl passing thru.

I am trying to get my bz lot to follow suit too.

this is gonna be a blast and a half.

PS: Call me rixy, all my m8's do

url for the fed will be:
www.deathmatch-federation.com

but i dont think it goes active for another 24 hrs yet - hehehe

Get registered, do some graphics, send some photos and lets have a ball with this - lol

-=[ /2 ]=-

IP:

peeet
posted December 06, 2000 02:08 AM         
swisher - Dreamer's invited me to join the Black Widow Lance, but it's kinda contingent on me putting together a BWL web page, and i'm trying to get around to doing that (i've never done 1 yet)... so i consider myself "BWL in training"

i know that he is (we are) looking for members and we'd be honored if you'd join (i'm sure)! i'll email him later today... (unless he reads this 1st!)

Matrix - weekly DM's a great idea, i've been wanting for a year! TM's now-wider audience will be sure to generate more interest, and i'm looking forwward to it!

------------------
that's "peeeto" to you! :P

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 06, 2000 07:10 AM            
couldnt agree more peeet,

I love this game and wil be actively pushing it on my community and clan websites.

I intend to make (or convert) maps from battlezone that the lads are used to and bring them to TM. Any help with map-making would be excellent.

As for (getting wider)ya i do think that now his is commercially availble and barrys world may host games too that this place will explode pretty soon - its a good thing to be prepared for that and have clans / systems / servers in place ready for the demand.

Played a guy called matchstick yesterday - he aint half bad neither, nut Randon Chaos kicked my ass !!! - im just a newbie here, but that will improve with time and practice.

If any of you guys have ICQ add me - 30148958 - be great to chat outa the game as well as in it ! - It does require an authorise so ple let me know your clan and nick when adding so i know who you are - lol.

Note to LDA : bz was severly hacked open once ppl got a hang of the odf and zfs file editing. It maybe a good idea to start building a version mismatch check into the mods. Mail me and we will talk more about this if u like. With this game being open architecture i can see a large threat from game-hacks in the not too distant.

L8r guys

Peace, Out !

-=[ /2 ]=-

IP:

swisher
posted December 06, 2000 09:26 AM            
BWL it is (if I'm accepted). Keep me posted, Peeeto. E-mail me with any specifics or to put me in touch with the dreamer or whatever.

I have a fair amount of HMTL (web site) experience, but have very little time right now. I'm in the process of moving.

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited December 06, 2000).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 06, 2000 10:01 AM         
Gotcha, swisher.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 06, 2000 10:03 AM            
Hmm...your clan's going to be 25 members?

BWL - what do you say we combine for any clan matches? I think trying to get enough of either of us at one time will be impossible - espcially given the restrictions on joining TC - which I don't plan to change.

--RC

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 06, 2000 01:24 PM         
Well, it's hardly easier to join BWL, but anyway, why not?
With our combined forces we should be able to steal a frag or two...

Btw... Maybe someone would be interested in modelling a trophy for TM, a great honor that would be for him/her. I think blender can even export to VRML, plugins for which everybody ought to have if he/she is an active member of the TM community.

What do you think of that?
Maybe we could have something like Dudy's bowl or sth.

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 06, 2000 01:43 PM            
Make the Dudy's bowl of cookie dough as a prize for best mining mod - hehehehehe

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 06, 2000 03:14 PM            
rixy - hacking TM is almost impossible. Unlike BZ, in TM the server is the boss. Even if you hacked the TM executable to not auto-dl mods (it doesn't dl graphics, models or sounds, just entities), all you could do is change the client side display - the server, and everyone else, would still have the normal stuff.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 06, 2000 03:47 PM            
Oh - missed that part up in his post.

Kaeto's right. That is one of the reasons why the TM server was set up to handle everything itself - so hacking would be a lot harder if not impossible.

--RC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 06, 2000 04:40 PM            
So the title of this thread is right ! it DOES get better and better

thx guys, that puts my mind at rest.

-=[ /2 ]=-

IP:

Charliey
posted December 07, 2000 07:37 PM            
Any one wanna have me on their team? i dont think ill be able to play much till chirstmas when i get a bigger hard drive, but im pretty good, as some of you will remember.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 07, 2000 09:07 PM            
If you join DNX you will be my first recruit

The door it seems is open
www.dnxworld.com then click the clan link at the top. Goto the application to join and fill in - simple

l8r !

-=[ /2 ]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 19, 2001 10:31 PM            
well its been 3 to 4 months. And i haven't noticed a 10fold increase in the TM community.

Sorry for calling you out Matrix, but its the nature of who i am.

P.S. This is suppose to be a little poke in the stomache not a jab in the throat. Sometimes my intentions are unclear.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 20, 2001 12:47 AM            
Ok heres the reply you seek !

1 - i brought some mebers from BZ here to play, they in turn are telling others.

2 - i just brought clan SvT in - hunter will be getting bz'ers in also.

3 - jim is in discussion with aaalame re backstock of tm cd's - if all goes well, ill be distributing them in the uk, all 1500 of them.

4 - there is a LAN party due in april i will be attending - i will also be taking TM with me and spreading the good word.

5 - im telling lots of ppl in battlezone to look at the DMF, theres a lot of interest but only for the bz mod, it should expand as they get curious, as should the number of registered clans.

now its my turn.

Wheres you logo ?

Wheres your photo and bio ?

Wheres your t-shirt design so i can start makin em ?

Come on - if you guys make the effort i will, but so far only dreamer has posted in my DMF forum - if the future looks bleak after all my efforts i will take down the DMF and simply be content to play the game - something like the DMF needs some support, its not just there as eyecandy for photos, bio, snaps etc.

ppl want to be able to take pix (HYPERSNAP IS ON THERE) - theres a fileshare util, soon there will be plenty of mods for download, and i will be needing your help for the up and comming tourney.

but i gotta say despite all my efforts and plenty of hits on the site it maybe doomed to failure - most of the players are on the demo servers - sales look poor since it rare you see a new name around.

so hows about you get off to the demo lot and tell em just what theyre missing - thus helpijng me achieve the predicted 10 fold increase. Everyone moans but no-one is doing sod all to get em over.

its time for action, i recon the demo servers shoul;d only be active for 2 hrs a night orbe time limited - as long as sumthin is perfectly playable free, no one will pay 4 it - place some limitations that bug ppl and makje em go full 1.5.0 and upgrade viua the patches.

Im no miracle worker, but at least im doing my part - lol

over 2 u coax.......

-=[/2]=-

IP:

peeeto
posted March 20, 2001 10:20 AM         
<sniff> i posted on the DMF forum too, Matrix!

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 20, 2001 10:38 AM         
Some collected quotes from demo players:

"get the full ver? y should i? noone ever plays full ver. check their bbs."
"name a site that gives me more than 30k and I'll leech it."
"none of my mates have it - so tell me: where should I get it ? you going to mail me a copy?"
"i never buy budget games - i want quality"
(note the exceptional sense this makes when you take into account that that specific player claimed that TM "is best game i seen"
only a few minutes before)
"there's a full version?"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 20, 2001 11:08 AM            
yes dreamer, a sad reality - jims gotta think about the demo server - if its the best game they ever saw they wont mind getting a finished version will they.

peeeto, sry man i dont often visit that board cos theres never a post to read. i usually just put bits of news or help in there.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2