|
Author Topic:   full version patch?
babybeans
posted December 04, 2000 05:50 PM            
Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I only check this board occasionally. I notice on the main Treadmarks page it says that v1.5 will be released to stores on Nov 24. Is there or will there be an upgrade patch for those of us that shelled out a long time ago and bought v1.0? Where is it(or will it be) and how can I get it?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 04, 2000 06:33 PM            
I have just been talking with Jim and we have decided to commit to a meathod of handling this. We will provide an upgrade CD for $10 US. At this time we have limited numbers of CDs available so we may not be quick in our responce. The $10 is to cover shipping and handling.

A proof of purchase is available from Digital River:
www.digitalriver.com/cs you should be able to access your order.
Digital River Customer Service can also be reached at 1-800-656-5426.

Send a $10 USD check and proof of original purchase to:

quote:
Tread Marks Upgrade
Longbow Digital Arts
4 Mary Jane Street
Providence Bay, Ontario POP 1T0

Changes may be made depeding on availability of CDs.

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

(oops - mispelled quote in the UBB code)

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos LDA (edited December 05, 2000).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted December 05, 2000 12:10 AM            
We've also decided to offer a $10 mail in rebate for those who would rather not wait for the CD by mail.

Just buy the new version and send in proof of purchase plus information verifying your previous Digital River purchase...

Tread Marks Upgrade
Longbow Digital Arts
4 Mary Jane Street
Providence Bay
Ontario POP 1T0
Canada

That way you can either mail in $10 and wait for the CD or buy the game and wait for the $10 rebate.

Jim

IP:

babybeans
posted December 05, 2000 01:20 AM            
Uh, I have a very negative feeling about this $10 upgrade CD thing, and that is being polite. Unfortunately, as much as I like Treadmarks I will probably end up shelling out the cash despite my objections. I have worked hard to promote this game to my friends (who still don't understand my attraction to it) and have thoroughly enjoyed playing against the computer (online play was just too laggy), and I understand that it is 'only' $10...BUT...I believe I already paid the full price for the game once! Why should I shell out more money (that supposedly is just for shipping..huh?) for an update patch that could easily be posted on a website like EVERY other gaming company in the free world does??? Charge for an upgrade? Did I accidentally click on the Microsoft site???

I will cut short my rant now, in hopes that I will still get a reasonable explanation for this. My negative feelings, however, have not subsided. Please give me a reason to continue 'selling' your game to my friends.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 05, 2000 01:50 AM            
Due to significant changes in the game the upgrade was determined to be too large to be downloadable...and I had to agree with that, even though I too was against any upgrade fee.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 05, 2000 02:35 AM            
great now all I have to is find someone selling the ruddy new version(in madison, WI) at the moment they are all going tread who??? nope sorry not on the puter

IP: