|
Author Topic:   missing Features in Tm 1.5
DjAttitude
posted December 01, 2000 03:53 PM            
I comparing TM 1.0 and TM 1.5 and there are features in TM1.5 which are missing.

* Wireframe mode (F5 in TM1.0)
* No Mouse look for turret view.
* Where are all the F-key functions (except F8)

Please, I would like to know!.

P.S : Thanx LDA for a great game, I bought it today (UK).

IP:

peeet
posted December 01, 2000 04:03 PM         
unfortunately, its' true!!!
i think that wireframe mode was taken out because it was a relic from , and more relavent to, the original beta testing of the game (prior to ver. 1.0 release). but i agree, i want it back too! it's just neat!
the camera views were extensively discussed during beta testing for ver. 1.5. i am still not satisfied with the new camera, but my main concern is that there is no option to "lock" it to look directly at what the gun is pointing to (both horizontally AND vertically).
i forget what the other function keys did, except for F12 (screenshot). is still think that all options should have been retained in the new release ...

but I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!!!

IP:

DjAttitude
posted December 01, 2000 04:35 PM            
hehe

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 01, 2000 05:52 PM            
Those F-Keys were removed so that new players don't have to deal with them. All working modes but the wireframe mode is available from the options menu. That wireframe mode was nice...I'll see if they can bring it back in any update - its just a matter of reenabling existing code.

--RC

IP:

peeet
posted December 01, 2000 06:01 PM         
unless Tom removed the code to get it out of the way or to optimize it...

but it really is a cool option! i really like the way that Dreamer used a wireframe screenshot as a background on one of his TM web pages!

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 01, 2000 06:03 PM            
Putting OpenGL into/out of wireframe takes almost no effort - one function call!

IP:

peeet
posted December 01, 2000 06:53 PM         
coooool! bring it on, tom!

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 01, 2000 07:13 PM            
I have talked with Tom. The reason he removed it was to change play balence (so you couldn't see through hills, explsions, etc...)

I'll talk to Jim but Tom is adamant about leaving it out...

IP:

peeet
posted December 03, 2000 04:29 PM         
makes sense... but it's a neat little feature all the same!

IP:

Charliey
posted December 03, 2000 07:54 PM            
Hmm, could it be enabled somehow so that you cant see through hills, or anything else that youre not supposed to see through.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 04, 2000 08:58 AM            
Not too easily. It wouldn't look that good anyhow.

IP:

tankabott
posted December 05, 2000 06:32 PM         
you can turn on the wireframe mode by typing "WireFrame = 1" in the config file.

can you bind it to a key maybe?

IP:

Dudymas
posted December 05, 2000 10:40 PM            
I could rant forever on this, but mainly, i REALLY want the screen shot key back, it's great for proof and for good memories, but now i'm left with nothing more than a thought and i'd love to get pictures of my new weapons for RC when and if i make them in version 1.5, but that won't be so, and i won't download a shareware pic taker since it uses enough ram just to play music and i have enough trouble with program conflict... i KNOW that it'll kill my computer either way... uh oh, i'm going to get graphic here, better stop.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 06, 2000 05:58 PM            
Ok - screenshots...got some answers here.

First - for a single shot you can use PrintScreen.

Now for multiple shots:
Press Alt-F12
If you want it to save it into a directory other than your TM dir add this line to the config.cfg file in your Tread Marks directory:
AnimDir = <drive:\path\filenamestart>
All your screen shots will then be saved as: d:\path\fns00001.bmp, etc.

Note: These are BMP files and thus quite large. It is recommended that you have (a) a large hard disk and (b) a program that can do batch conversions to JPG format.

Also this is a single screen shot mode unlike the old F12 key that made an animation. Alt-F12 isn't anything new...just no one was told about it (even me) - we were always told to double press F12...

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP: