|
Author Topic:   no Servers on Master Server!
DjAttitude
posted December 01, 2000 03:25 PM            
This isnt fair, the master server is up (which is a miracle, but no servers are running for TM 1.5 ), someone get BarrysWorld or NGI to host one for us!!!.

Oh love the site RC!

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 01, 2000 06:03 PM            
The complimentary copies of TM to people that have a reason to have it have just arrived. Expect to see some servers starting tonight!!

Couple of things:

1. AAA is slow...they don't yet have their dedicated server up yet. I am in e-mail contact with them helping them figure out how to set it up (how hard is that to do??).
  2. No one that has version 1.0 has version 1.5 yet in the US so as a result they aren't running personal servers yet. The complimentary copies of TM to people that have a reason to have it have just arrived. Expect to see some servers starting tonight!
  3. Due to differences between V1.0 and V1.5 servers under 1.0 will not be visible nor work with V1.5.

As new info comes in I will update it here. I'd expect servers to start showing up as of this weekend though.

As for NGI - I have e-mailed them twice about 3 weeks ago about hosting a v1.5 server complimentary. They never replied.

Oh - and thanks about my site

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

peeet
posted December 01, 2000 06:06 PM         
Hoody Hoo!

peeeto got an early christmas present in the mail today!!!

nyah nyah, i have version 1.5!!! muahahahahaha!

thanks, LDA!

IP:

synack
posted December 01, 2000 06:37 PM         
*drool*

IP:

JL
posted December 01, 2000 07:24 PM            
I will try to get a server running tonight.
I won't be able to keep it up during the day so look for it after 6 central time.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 01, 2000 07:35 PM            
!#%!$#! FED-EX!!!

IP:

Karldar
posted December 01, 2000 07:35 PM            
Got a server up and runnin'. Come on down!
I'm not sure how much my cable modem can handle so it's limited to 10 players. NO teams(cuz i like free-for-alls), but I could change that if you'd like.

Bring it on, suckas!

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Karldar
posted December 01, 2000 09:30 PM            
Out of curiosity, can anyone see my 1.5 server? I'm not sure that I've got my firewall set up properly for it. Also, if it is visible, lemme know how it's workin'.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

JL
posted December 01, 2000 09:34 PM            
It's visible but no ping.

IP:

swisher
posted December 02, 2000 12:53 AM            
I got my present, too. I played on JL's server (1.5). No one else on, though. I still have a crippled system, but at least TM is up and running

I didn't see Kaldar's at all. (12/1/00 11:30 p.m. CST.)

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 02, 2000 03:17 AM            
You and me both Swisher

I have no sound on mine right now...every time I plug the sound card in when my new vid card is in the system crashes...

Both work without the other though...my guess is a sharing error somewhere...but I haven't been able to locate it yet...

I understand there were quite a few people on JL's sever at one point...including Jim and Philippe. I hope to make it online Sunday night, but I'm away from a computer that can run Tread Marks for the weekend...

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

DjAttitude
posted December 02, 2000 04:29 AM            
Whats time difference from EST and GMT ?

IP:

DjAttitude
posted December 02, 2000 04:39 AM            
Damn it, no one on the JL server at 9:41 GMT!. Cant complaing, every1 is asleep overe there, aint they ?

JL, 430 is a very good ping for someone whos connected from the UK. thanx!.

<B>If I can tonite, Im getting my mates ADSL computer up for a dedicated server, going to be called 'the Vortex'. c ya around!<B>

IP:

Karldar
posted December 02, 2000 05:17 AM            
Does anyone have any ideas why my server's not accessible? I'm pretty sure that my firewall(Zonealarm) is set up properly. I never had a problem with the old full version.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna leave it up today and see what happens. Lemme know if anyone gets in.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Karldar
posted December 02, 2000 05:22 AM            
Five hour difference between you and EST here. Six for me since i'm in CST. JL's ping is now around 200 for me, but it was up to between 600 and 800 yesterday evening. Lotsa lag for me then. Mebbe i can get my server up and runnin' someday....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

JL
posted December 02, 2000 07:43 AM            
Karldar, your server is working now.
Pinging just above 200 and playing smoothly.
I'll be playing sometime tonight after work.

IP:

Hawk
posted December 02, 2000 08:56 AM            
Ahahaha, Hawk got his copy last night, gotta install it and put a server up tonight, MUAHAHAHA

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

Hawk
posted December 02, 2000 09:24 AM            
Got my server up 9:30AM EST...No mods on it, just pure frag-a-delic action...the bots are all alone *sniff*

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 02, 2000 10:32 AM         
Mee vantz von, two.

IP:

DjAttitude
posted December 02, 2000 07:33 PM            
I finally got my mate to host a game for some time, called 'The Vortex', had a game with some UK residents, and then bang!. Some F*ing B****** nuked the IP and down can the server (and the computer coz I had to reset it!). So sorry people!, should be back up at 11:00am GMT (thats like 6:00am in EST!).

I went onto JL's Server as well, but the LAG killed me. but LDA tom and JL were having fun with nukes!.

Happy Tank-Festing!

IP: