|
Author Topic:   Dudymas vs. AI-Dudymas
synack
posted November 26, 2000 04:02 PM         
While at Sheldon's, I've noticed AI-Dudymas for the first time.

Which came first, the AI tank or the cookie-doughed maniac? :-)

And Dudy, have you ever played against your AI namesake?

come to think of it, I think I saw an AI-Swisher too. A plot perhaps?

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 26, 2000 05:13 PM            
Well, I have fought my alter ego, but i did come before the AI, it has been a long standing name, and i never knew why it came about... my dad just started calling me that because it rhymed with some stupid phrase (he comes up with REALLY stupid jokes and has this dumbfounded look on his face when no one first reacts to them, and he repeats the jokes all the time, which is why i am so happy on the internet, but if you saw me at 'Dunkin Donuts' or 'Barnes and Noble' (Vestal is MY town, and those are the places i visit most) you'd probably think i was some sort of Scientific monstrosity, i'd answer with almost all multi-syllabic words, very technical to the point, and i have these 'nerdy' glasses... which is all because my dad takes ALL the humor out of my life, his jokes are so bad, it's painful, funny thing he thinks he's got a good joke, when actually he's sooooo entirely stupid i can't help but laugh. HAH, well, anyways, sorry for rambling, but i found an interesting verse in the Bible that says that Thomas had a nickname, and low and behold, it was Didymus, you should have seen the smile on my face in Bible class, it scared the teacher pretty bad, he thought i was demon possessed (kept saying," I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!"). But then agaian, i don't he was surprised. That is how my name came about (in case you don't know, MY ENTIRE LIFE, our family is built upon being mean to each other. Mainly, my sister Claire puts bruises on my dad, but i've seen her and my mom get in pinch fights, i've gotten my sister pretty ticked off a lot and been bruised by her too, but I usually don't put on any deoderant before i tease her and then i'm safe... heheheh. We all pick on each other and stuff, in a mean/silly kind of way, and i've been called names i won't disclose since you'd all start teasing me the same). Oh no, now you've started a topic that can go into eternity, you bad person...

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2000 05:22 PM         
I ... I ... thought I was a GOOD witch.

what have I done?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 26, 2000 05:36 PM            
Warning - vets sometimes play as AI-<realname> just to confuse newbies

I know I've done it sometimes

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2000 05:45 PM         
interesting ...
heh heh heh

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 26, 2000 05:48 PM            
Your clue-in is when there's an AI with a ping > 0.

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2000 05:48 PM         
ach sooooo!!!!! :-)

IP:

A2597
posted November 26, 2000 08:17 PM            
I've seen that once.
(Never did it, I always like names like
"*Name* was killed by Bad Breath"
I once played as Himself, funny seeing the
"Person was killed by himself!"

Or in tread marks:
Bad Breath Smoked AI-HeMan

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

swisher
posted November 28, 2000 08:47 AM            
I don't think that true AI's carry a flag, either.

Sheldon's server's AI names are all present/former Tread Mark players. At least those who will tolerate one-shot, one-kill play. I guess whenever someone's visited his server more than a few times, he adds them as AI's. (I don't know how, though.)

NGI seems to have more players lately.

BTW, I've been out of commission for a while. I lost my DSL and now my PC is out-to-lunch -- I tried to put in a new video card in preparation for Tread Marks 1.5, but it has hosed my system. Hope to back online in a few days.

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 28, 2000 11:03 AM            
To change tank names, just change the entries in the "tankname.txt" file in the Entities subdirectory.

IP: