|
Author Topic:   Does TM accept start parameters?
synack
posted November 26, 2000 02:51 PM         
Let's say I'm lazy. (ok, you're lazy.)

And I want to have a desktop shortcut that will start TM, in single-game mode, with music enabled and a 30 frag limit.

And just maybe I'd like to also have another shortcut that will start TM in multi-player mode, pointing at NGI, for instance, with music disabled. (never mind that NGI might not be there when I go looking for it.)

Does the TM executable accept parameters that might allow me to do that?

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 26, 2000 05:18 PM            
*Points at Hackman Pro Version 4 (Hex Editor)*
Goooooooooooood luck, matey!

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 26, 2000 05:28 PM            
Yes, TM does accept start parameters.

After Tread Marks executable type the configuration file you want to use (nnnnnn.cfg) - ie tm.exe dedicated.cfg to run a dedicated server. You can make as many config files as you want...

--RC

IP:

synack
posted November 26, 2000 05:36 PM         
Eggsalad!!

Time to play!

IP:

swisher
posted November 28, 2000 08:56 AM            
Not sure if you can run it and have it go directly into multi-player game-play mode. There are a few startup options. One lets you bypass the pre-game graphics screen and places you right at the main game menu. Type
BypassIntro = 1
into the config.cfg file. More on this at: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000353.html

IP:

synack
posted November 28, 2000 10:50 AM         
Based on what I've seen in the config files, I believe you're correct. Perhaps there are undocumented parameters that would allow it, but it's not that big of a deal.

IP:

synack
posted November 28, 2000 10:57 AM         
seems as though the bypassintro parameter doesn't have any effect in the 1.0.1 demo, which is all I have right now *drumming fingers impatiently on his desk waiting for 1.5 to arrive locally*

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 28, 2000 06:56 PM            
*Mocks synack's irritation* Goooooooooood Luck, i say again, looking at my first post here...

IP:

synack
posted November 28, 2000 08:52 PM         
irratated mocking noted. I'll just be patient. But thanks, Dudy.

IP: