|
Author Topic:   identity fraud
coax
Administrator
posted November 22, 2000 07:05 PM            
again I was harrassed this time by a guy named Happy Daze he use to be a really good guy, but now he was making fun of gay people and african americans, I wouldn't believe it was him except that he knew how to play really well. I wish their was a way you could lock your name so that others couldn't play with it, I wouldn't want someone to play on my name and trash mouth my friends, and just be a general nuisance to the game

IP:

Cell
posted November 22, 2000 08:16 PM         
Generally, the best solution is for everyone to ignore the nuisance and make it absolutely no fun for him. He can't be too intelligent,so it might take awhile for him to realize it.

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 22, 2000 08:48 PM            
that's my biz, gotta problem, i can be a fragging bouncer, hehehe, but only on good days, since i'm not a perfect player, but i mostly whoop up on bad people when i really need to...

IP:

synack
posted November 22, 2000 09:11 PM         
you can always count on me to join those battles. I have no patience for people with small minds. Life is too short. I'll have another beer, thank you.

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 22, 2000 09:17 PM            
I am always open to humiliating retards. I love smackin' 'em down in the chat channel while I frag their sorry butt

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 23, 2000 12:38 AM            
The new dedicated servers do have some nice commands such as kick - that can always be used...though I don't think there is any way to script a kicking command in...maybe when I talk the rest of LDA into coding a Linux server I'll get them to do something like that - we can hope

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 23, 2000 02:56 PM            
why not just give a person a special code for their copy of Tread Marks, go to the no limits boards for the Danish Brotherhood to see what i mean, each person has a code specific for their cpu so that no one has to sign up, but you can tell when someone is stealing an identity since the code is different, that way you can kick only people with a certain code, NOI MATTER the name and it enables you to keep the bad peoples off the server for the rest of the time until they get a new cpu or somehow change the code.

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 23, 2000 03:36 PM            
No. CD Keys are the root of ALL evil.

IP:

Dreamer
posted November 23, 2000 03:50 PM         
Wrong. Mankind is the source of most of it and of them, Micr*s*ft.
Btw... Deck.

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 23, 2000 07:18 PM            
Actually, i didn't mean that there would be a key in each cd, and i know how easily you were misled... what i mean is that it could be similar to how that server works for the bbs, you would log into the master server, and it would put a file into Tread Marks that would be saved into the exe file itself, so it is nearly unchangeable and even if you could change it, the things could very well prove who's who, and who is not who... I agree about cd codes BTW, and maybe we could make an even further advanced code system that went through the master server, and the master server saved the codes... so you couldn't change yours...

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 24, 2000 06:42 PM            
well? what do you think of my idea, is it good, bad, or nothing and you just won't comment because you want to ostracise a perfectly good luney?

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 24, 2000 09:52 PM            
Don't like it. ID schemes almost universally suck...

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 24, 2000 11:42 PM            
Okey dokey, i have no arguement

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 16, 2000 02:20 AM            
If i was there i would of kicked his ass for you with my dessimator

It's an Avenger that shoot mini-nukes out of it at 0.001 reload time! when you get it you have a 1000000 rounds
AND ITS ALL MINE!!!!

And it is copyrighted so please don't steal it. Or i will ask you to a death match with me & you... Your fists & and my 44.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 16, 2000 03:38 AM            
lol, thanx. Shifting through old post UC

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 16, 2000 03:47 AM            
I know, but i got to get up to speed as to who post here.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 16, 2000 04:20 AM            
you need to get icq UC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 16, 2000 04:21 AM            
you to synack and cell

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 17, 2000 12:25 AM            
I think there should be like a master password site or something.......... so when your comp is checking for servers you enter in your password that you have registered for that name. If you don't enter it in i think your name should be purple so it tells peoples that it might be a fake........

what ya think

can't forget the smileys at the bottem

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 17, 2000 02:55 AM            
thats a good idea

IP:

Unforseen Chaos
posted December 18, 2000 11:42 PM            
yeah.

------------------