|
Author Topic:   Editing TM
ordmet
posted November 20, 2000 01:23 AM            
I noticed that the object meshes for TM are of the Lightwave format. Can anyone tell me how the meshes work? (There's several versions of what seems to be the same model)

Also, is the .luv file a renamed graphics file or can it only be generated by Lightwave? I am currently using Milkshape 3d which can export/import .lwo but I don't know what to do about the .luv files.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 20, 2000 01:49 AM            
as for the 1st item TM uses seperate files for its Level of Detail (unlike revolt) and as for the other well LDA is keeping quiet about that. though I suspect that LW might not support texture mapping (or at least TM doesn't read it if it does)so the luv files some how contain the texture offsets per poly. the textures themselves are plain old graphics files. listed (I think) under 'art' HTH

IP:

ordmet
posted November 20, 2000 02:09 AM            
Thanks Rex R! I wonder how many Racers Point regulars are here as well??

TM is looking to be as editable as Re-Volt...exciting, very exciting indeed.

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 20, 2000 09:06 AM            
The .luv files are indeed the texture coordinate files. The reason for multiple .lwo files is different levels of detail...

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 20, 2000 09:44 AM            
I'll give a full rundown for you:

Each file has usually 3 different coarseness for the meshes. These are changed based on distance to the object. Some items only have 2 or even 1 mesh version. Simpler objects tend to have less.

The LUV files are a mapped file telling Tread Marks how to use any specified texture (zoom/position of each face). Currently there is no UV Mapping program released, expect to see one sometime after the Full Version 1.5 makes its way into stores...but I don't have a date as to when it might be released.

For Maps: These are created using a map editor that LDA has not yet released a version of. It is uncertain when a version might be released. The files are basically a Bitmap with header and footer data added on.

For IMG files: These are combinations of several Bitmaps compiled into a single file for use on objects such as trees.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

------------------
Random Chaos
Longbow Digital Arts
neym@longbowdigitalarts.com
------------------
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP: