|
Author Topic:   Coax wants a clan, coax gets a clan.
Karldar
posted November 19, 2000 07:20 PM            
Okay, Coax-first off I realize that I haven't been contributing to the board for very long, but that was because I never liked the idea of getting involved with others online. I've was playing TM quite a while before I even realized there was a UBB. I can honestly say that TM is the first online community that I have actually wanted to participate in.

Secondly, I know that we haven't played against each other very much, but I can see that I have improved quite a bit from my humble beginnings and hope that you(and others) can too.

Thirdly(don't worry, I'm only goin' to 623), I have nothing against BWL, TC or MG, but I don't feel that I'm "old school" enough to be comfortable joining them. I really like the idea of having more than 3 clans or guilds-hopefully, things will really take off with the release of 1.5 later this month and we'll be inundated with new blood(although there's nothing wrong with the old blood ). In this spirit of expansion, I would like to announce the formation of a new clan(if there are no objections, that is).

Clan GoatHead (^GH^) consists of me....and, ummm, my brother(Mr. Clean) when I make him join-trust me, he'll love it. So there ya go, Coax-join or don't join, make fun of the name, whatever-at least you have another option.

This is long enough, so I'll post more info on GoatHead's origins if I'm asked for it.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 19, 2000 07:22 PM            
You can be in a clan AND in MG, you know. The only requirement is loving mining...

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 19, 2000 10:04 PM            
Kaldar - e-mail me the name and members of the clan and I'll add you to my clan list page...

--RC
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Hawk
posted November 19, 2000 10:13 PM            
Coax seems to have a bit of a problem with 'diplomacy' anyway...He probably didn't mean anything by what he said, Karldar. Well, maybe he did, who knows

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2000 12:40 PM            
it sounds good KArldar, I don't feel quite oldschool enough to ever join the other clan but I don't want this new clan to suck either, oh-well I'm in. And whenever RC gets his dang vid-card we'll compete and be slaughtered but at least there is now a third option

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2000 12:44 PM            
don't know about the name though, but the idea of a clan is a silly thing anyways so I guess the name just reflects it. But something like JOS JustOneShot would be a little bit more Professional.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited November 20, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted November 20, 2000 01:08 PM            
Coax: not vid card - have that as of last week...power supply. The vid card draws too much!

IP:

A2597
posted November 20, 2000 01:20 PM            
This is oh...lets see...my fith or perhaps tenth...anyhoo, it's my newest addition to foums I visit, the first was the crazy Babylon 5 community of Firstones.com and I STILL want that game! If you want to help fellow gamers world wide, c'mon in! GREEN! (PURPLE! ARRDVARK! SPOOO!!! LORT! VORKLIFT! etc, you want to understad that, then your'll have to join. )

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2000 05:01 PM            
RC: so first you needed a new vid card and now technically you still don't have a vid card since it draws to much power, I think your just stalling now

IP:

peeet
posted November 20, 2000 05:11 PM         
heh heh - you're too much, coax!

IP:

synack
posted November 20, 2000 05:21 PM         
so ... Karldar

What does it take to join GoatHead? I enjoy the soup. (Rolling Stones? but I show my age :-)

Checked your profile and we have things in common. TM, drinking beer (I also brew my own), and I used to enjoy shooting things until the kids came along and I made the firing pins disappear. They're both teens now, so maybe I can put them back ... no nevermind. Let's leave them disappeared. ;-)

I'm motivated, but unreliable and unpredictable. Got room for me in GoatHead?

IP:

synack
posted November 20, 2000 05:27 PM         
also ... I'll bite.

What are the origons of GoatHead?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2000 06:02 PM            
my job as the official 1st recruit of the goathead clan is to change our name to something better, Karldar E-mail me to confer on names.

IP:

synack
posted November 20, 2000 06:17 PM         
awww, geeeeezzzzz

Goathead was so ... gamey .. sort of. Reflected my roots, ya know?

No matter. Keep me in the loop, ok?

IP:

A2597
posted November 20, 2000 09:52 PM            
Goathead?
aww, GREEN!
(Sorry, old habits die hard.I mean, 13 months at Firstones, saying GREEN in every ten post...I have about 1600 post there now. )

IP:

Karldar
posted November 23, 2000 08:22 PM            
Sure we've got room in ^GH^ for you, Synack. First, lemme give you(and everyone else) an idea of where it came from. After beginning to play online and hearing about TC and BWL, I thought it would be cool to form another clan for less-experienced players like me. A name eluded me for some time, but I finally decided on GoatHead for the following reasons(in random order): I like the way it sounds; it is typically associated with stubborness/ tenacity; it has kind of a taboo(read pagan/demonic) quality about it; and I thought it was cool that I could put the little ^ on either side to represent horns. I think that, as a clan, ^GH^ should be for players who are stubborn and keep comin' back for more, even if they're losin'. I try to play that way, but I'm definitely no fragmaster. I am sometimes guilty of runnin' around tryin' to get particular weapons or more ammo, but I've learned that I get more enjoyment out of the game if I just try to do my best and have a good time-whether I win or not.

There you have it...well, most of it anyway. Lemme know if you want to know more.

------------------
I like pie!

IP: