|
Author Topic:   MS training thingy
Dudymas
posted October 31, 2000 07:16 PM            
Well, lemme go ahead and say this before anything else... i just learned why cookie dough is soooooo addictive... the vanilla flavoring is 35% alcohol... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now, back to the problem at hand:

I want to fix up my system since it is acting up a lot and i want better fps on Tread Marks. So, i found a pamphlet we got in the mail... it was advertising a tutor class. The class hosted certified Microsoft dudes that new how to tweak Windows and fix bugs. It is supposed to be hands on and give you a 45 dollar packet of software for messing with your cpu's noodles for free. Now, the class lasts over a period of TWO DAYS, with classes going from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. approx. and the whole thingy is hosted by a group called CompuMaster. Now, here comes the punch line, ready? IT COSTS A STINKIN $895 per person for this, is this for REAL?What a bunch of balogna... i don't see how, LDA, is this for real? I think i'll go ahead and get a college course... That's gotta be the best way to learn about computer upgrading and fixing stuff, right?

------------------
-----------
Hawk's LDA Asylum helper

IP:

Cell
posted October 31, 2000 07:56 PM         
Buy an A+ Certification Study Guide for $45, and then you'll have $850 left for cookie dough

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 31, 2000 10:18 PM            
If you want certs, follow Cell's advice, but IMO, besides getting you a job, they aren't good for much (A+ anyways)...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 01, 2000 01:32 PM            
Man micro soft is crazy ....(You could buy a computer for that and all they wanna do is tell ya how to fiix the bugs they put in on purpose they probly have thaty class anually for very bug its all a plot to over throw education) ( I think ??????) They'd problay give you homeowrk too ;( and then fail us alll -F -F AHHHHHHHHHHHH! -F's thats lower than an f in school AHHHHHH! bacisaclly microsfots being a cheapo You could go to college for a while with 800 dollars

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 01, 2000 01:33 PM            
Man micro soft is crazy ....(You could buy a computer for that and all they wanna do is tell ya how to fiix the bugs they put in on purpose they probly have thaty class anually for very bug its all a plot to over throw education) ( I think ??????) They'd problay give you homeowrk too ;( and then fail us alll -F -F AHHHHHHHHHHHH! -F's thats lower than an f in school AHHHHHH! bacisaclly microsfots being a cheapo You could go to college for a while with 800 dollars. And maybe come back and make yuor own widnows you might even learn C++ thats way more valubaly then microosfts to day class go for the college courses

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 01, 2000 01:34 PM            
quote:
You could go to college for a while with 800 dollars

Hate to break your bubble, but, umm, no... You couldn't...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted November 01, 2000 01:38 PM            
Well i didn't say what kinda college (Maybe microsoft the cheapos teaches it heeh)

IP:

Efflixi
posted November 01, 2000 03:09 PM            
I went to tech college and got a few cert's for $230 a quarter (3 months) and finished the self paced course in 9 months. Therefore i spent $690. Which leaves many $$$'s for cookie dough

------------------

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 01, 2000 03:45 PM            
Going to a tech and taking courses is a lot different from "going to college". I'm not decided as to which, if either, I'm gonna do...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted November 01, 2000 07:34 PM            
Yeah, Kaeto's right - 800 isn't near enough Cell...

The school I went to was 28000/year tuition, about 5000/year room and board.

--RC

IP:

Cell
posted November 01, 2000 08:27 PM         
quote:
800 isn't near enough Cell...

RC, I think you meant GoldAnt_Number1, I told 'em to save his money for Cookie Dough!

IP:

Hawk
posted November 01, 2000 09:42 PM            
Microsoft's classroom techies suck...go here, and turn away! Away!

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=057097291

(Kaeto knows what this is )

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 01, 2000 11:04 PM            
heheheheheheh, do you know any of them, hawk?

IP:

Hawk
posted November 02, 2000 09:58 PM            
Thank god, I don't know anyone who works for Micro$oft, if I did I might have to get out the shotgun...

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 03, 2000 10:18 PM            
actually, i meant the posters on the topic you just sent me

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 04, 2000 09:14 AM            
No, he doesn't but I do...

IP: