|
Author Topic:   Here it comes
Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 09:25 PM            
Well, JL, i know you have something to say that'll bring up the U.S. stocks 100 fold, so go ahead and place your bets...

And while you're at it, maybe descrbe some stuff coming up as a result?

IP:

JL
posted October 28, 2000 09:39 PM            
OK people Dudey and I have made a breakthru.
After long trial and error testing, came up with a way to make shields. A plasma sphere that covers the entire tank shielding it from projectile.

Using the same principles we also made a weapon that can take out missiles if shot in it's path. If CTF come to be I think these defensive weapon will rock. (They do anyway)

Still trying to perfect them but will mostly post them soon. Maybe on RC's Terrain Deformation site.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 09:46 PM            
aqnd that means this folks:

Invincibility while using drills

Lots of fun blowing up people who try to launch a nuke since you can EASILY intercept them,

Joy of joys, you can sit around and act all bored about some AI trying to frag you

You can actually stop yourself in MID AIR since the shields act like cages too

You can thusly trap people in them and toast them with splash damage, like with a flamer

Fun fun for everyone

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 10:08 PM            
Yeap - I've been talking with Dudymas about this sheild system and it sounds neat. It will add a whole new aspect to treadmarks. More fun, more fun!

I'll look forward to hosting these defensive mods to my site...

Speaking of adding things to my site, expect the mods on NOPeR's site to be duplicated on my site within the next few weeks.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted October 28, 2000 10:11 PM            
LDA please give insight into this and tell us if the finding will STAY in TM (new version) I for one am very glad to see this cause i can make a blackhole gun now enclosing shield + Constant wonk spew.

YAY!

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

ICQ-71915514

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

A2597
posted October 29, 2000 12:49 AM            
LOL!
I've been working on the same basic thing! Only one difference, I wanted it to be a sheild that when you rammed somebody they would get hurt! (plasma sheild=big raceing tank of pure plasma!)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 29, 2000 03:13 PM            
To address what DVS said (he knows the answer, this is for everyone else):

LDA supports this defence ability and will not make a change to kill it...in fact they are looking at making it more adaptable...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site / Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos / Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 29, 2000 04:54 PM            
Okay, let's all congratulate JL and A2597 for researching this out... RC, could i have someone to help give out the pastries for this occassion?

IP: