|
Author Topic:   Strategy Guide
Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 07:07 PM            
I have finally (after only one year in production) gotten a weapon strategy guide up for Tread Marks.

It currently uses version 1.0 of Treadmarks as a base for its strategies. Some tips may not work well under ther current version soon-to-be-released or the current demo. This is mostly to help the less experienced players learn how to use weapons...

For all those who noticed I was missing 2 weapons, they are now there. I had forgoten to include the Shadow and the Mass Driver. The reason? I had taken screen shots of all the weapons already with the exception of the upgraded ramdrill (I had the old one), the Wasp (but I had a temp pic) and the Flamer (but I thought of that one). I made the list based on the screen shots I had...and didn't think about the ones I was missing - oops!

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited October 28, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 08:00 PM            
Also: Dudymas, GoldAnt, and Swisher: I took some of your screenshots from the 1000 tank thread and stuck them onto my Pic of the Day section...

--RC

IP:

A2597
posted October 28, 2000 09:02 PM            
Cool!
Though I see that it is for begginers,
one thing, with the cruise missile, there is a distinctive sound, if I ever hear it, I move at fast as I can and use the ground to hide. (trees, hills, etc)
I recommend that you mention useing sounds to help for the poor begginers.

oh, and you forgot the shadow keeper.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 10:16 PM            
Oh - the shadow...dang. You see A2597 I originally started this back in Beta 2.1 and finally got it out. Back then there was no Shadow, Flamer, or Airstrike. I just forgot to put the Shadow it...I'll get that corrected soon...though I know of no good defence against it

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 28, 2000 10:17 PM            
The Mass Driver

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 10:19 PM            
Ahrg - yet another I forgot - why did I take almost all the screen shots back in Beta 2.0?

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 10:23 PM            
i officially pie you for that

---======[}~

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 10:26 PM            
Hehe - I think I will go mod the "Pie" entity to make it act like a boomerang. Now to test it...

----======[}~
~{]======----
*SPLAT*

Argh - got myself - oops!

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 10:30 PM            
LOL, yeah, that wasn't flour, that was ground latex from that rubber tree in front of LDA's facilities
*sets pie ray to frappe next poster*
-----=======~~~~|\
---------=========|-}~
-----=======~~~~|/

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited October 28, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 10:44 PM            
*wonders why RC hasn't sprung his trap*

Oooops

*KATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*
*cries in agony*
I'm covered in goo!

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 28, 2000 10:53 PM            
RC : you met the Keystone Kops in NH yet? (hint : rob a store) They'll pie you at range, and when you kill them, you get pies which you can eat/chuck at stuff...

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 28, 2000 11:01 PM            
classic Kaeto pick up line, LOL

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 11:10 PM            
Hehe - yeah I met them...I read a scroll of Teleport in a shop...and not on purpose! I was just reading every scroll in the shop hoping to uncurse something I was wearing...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 28, 2000 11:20 PM            
Speaking of which, for more pie throwing than normally happens in LDA's forum, visit here: http://boards.eesite.com/board.cgi?boardset=NOLIMIT&boardid=db&thread=43

Note - there are often other threads there with pie throwing in them - I'm just listing the one devoted to it...

IP: