|
Author Topic:   10/27
coax
Administrator
posted October 27, 2000 03:04 PM            
no one has poster anything new today so I might as well. Lets see how do i get started, well lets see asking a question is usually a good start. So, for your screen shots what programs do you guys use? I say guys because I've never seen a girl in TM.

IP:

peeet
posted October 27, 2000 03:47 PM         
there are programs you can use? i just use F12, but that seems to miss alot of frames...

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 27, 2000 04:19 PM            
I usually use f12, but HyperSnap DX is good...

IP:

peeet
posted October 27, 2000 04:30 PM         
will hypersnap work while in fullscreen mode?
does it lose as many frames as F12?

IP:

A2597
posted October 27, 2000 04:34 PM            
Print Screen works for me, I just have to make certain I get the best shot.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 27, 2000 04:38 PM            
We've disabled "F12" in version 1.5 to avoid having people accidently toggle it on, filling their hard drive with shots while killing the frame rate.

Without F12, we've just used "Print Screen" although you can only do one shot at a time.

Jim

IP:

Cell
posted October 27, 2000 04:39 PM         
Peeet, you can ajust temp directory and frame capture rate in the config.cfg file:

#Animation frame saving. (F12)
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
AnimFPS = 15

You may want to write it to another drive to keep the framerate from dropping while recording, I suppose. I only have 1 drive in my machine right now,and can't try it.

Mapping to a network drive doesn't work well on my network, not enough bandwidth to run smoothly.
Unfortunately, my network switch stopped working, so I put the 10mb hub back in, so someone else may want to try that and see how it works.

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited October 27, 2000).]

IP:

peeet
posted October 27, 2000 05:25 PM         
tanks, cell!

oh no, jim! that was a cool feature! i also noticed that the wireframe option (F5) was removed as well... can you bring them back? pleeeeeeeze?

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 27, 2000 05:43 PM            
Actually, your framerate is gonna nosedive no matter what because there is nothing as slow as reading from the framebuffer...

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 27, 2000 05:44 PM            
Make us set "h4x0rbits" in the registry if you want, but I agree with peeeto, those two options rule...

IP:

Cell
posted October 27, 2000 05:53 PM         
LOL, sounds like "video output"to a VCR is the only solution there. I don't bother with F12 , but I like the wireframe to peek thru hills, that I'll miss.

IP:

Hawk
posted October 27, 2000 08:40 PM            
Make people set 'Record Demo' to record movies of TM.
Leave a screenshot key. People have screenshot keys wired up in most games. Half-Life defaults it to F5, etc.

(edit) That way people can take more than one screenshot.

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited October 27, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 27, 2000 09:20 PM            
if you get rid of the screen shot thingy, i'm gonna die, i ALWAYS like to have pictures, and what is the fun if you don't have the proof that you did something, like when i reached 7000 kmph and i was going so fast that i couldn't decellerate and my speed multiplied as bounced around (i went up to 35k before i finally swithed tanks on the server to stop myself, otherwise.......)

IF ANYTHING, at least have an enable entry in the config file for us... please? Also, i just noticed that coax must really have Hawk's bug, maybe it started with that migrain because look at the topic's title...

Peeeeeeeto, F5 is wireframe?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeto
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeto, thanks for telling.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 27, 2000 09:22 PM            
Hyper Snap is stinkin shareware too, if i lose F12, there's gonna be some griping...

PLUS my printer doesn't have any RAM, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, if i use print screen, my cpu isn't going to be able to cope with that,i'm just gonna go ahead and say," Good Bye screen shots, i'll miss you!"

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited October 27, 2000).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 29, 2000 09:14 AM         
"alt + print screen" doth work for ye olde single screenshots.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 29, 2000 02:53 PM            
Better lend some answers to the F12 thing...after a discussion last night between Jim, Tom, JL, DvsDuke, Orion and Me, Jim decided that in the following patch (after the one that updates you to the new full version) will add an F12 (or user setable key) as an option in the TM config so you'll still be able to use it...just wait a month or so and it will be back...until then I'll have to keep 2 versions of TM installed - one with F12 and one with the newest version...

It will be a pain to get snapshots of new weapons without F12

Now to test my new signature:

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site / Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos / Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP: