|
Author Topic:   POLL: Favorite weapon:
A2597
posted October 21, 2000 03:57 PM            
This can be any weapon, one you downloaded, or one that came with the game, or one you made.

mine?
Cluster bomb...
love the names!
LOL!
I also like the Plasma Storm. (my own creation)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 21, 2000 09:48 PM            
The Plasma Cannon. I can get kills with that thing as long as I can keep finding ammo powerups. So what about the 5 second reload? Just don't miss! Take your time, aim for the tush and watch yer enemies blow.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 22, 2000 12:42 AM            
I really don't have one, swarmers for ambushes, Plasma Cannon for Melees, RamDrill for SUPER ambushes, MRL for sniping and rushes, Machine gun for retreats, 120mm for defense and flips (NEVER try the falcon tank unless you think you've got the skill, one 120mm in the face will do WONDERS to that tank if you run at them the right way), I LOVE the good ol nuke and matter bomb for kamakazeee's, the good ol concusion is great for putting the stop to any rushes and puttin on the damage to stupid ai's, Plasma mines... they have their dirty purpose, DIRTBALLS i love those... if only i could get more... they REALLY hurt and can be used as ramps or as ways to ruin someones attack, lasers... ideal for long distance starting ambushes, mass drivers... they give you a few good kicks don't they?, let's face it... there is no perfect weapon... and the wasps, they are PERFECT for eliminating campers or at least teaching them a lesson... Cruises too...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 22, 2000 02:26 PM            
Hmm...my favorite's have gotta be the Sheep and Kangaroo mines

Of the LDA weapons...probably my favorite is the Dirt Ball...then the GAU next in line.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 22, 2000 03:34 PM            
i hate to sound lika a newbie, but has anyone found a definite method of getting an airstrike to hit home, I can usually get an air strike to do what i want 60-70% of the time its just that last 30% seems to be a waste of an opportunity.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 22, 2000 04:18 PM            
Well, let me summerise my discoveries today for Kaeto and Hawk, go download some polka power from Weird Al,

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 22, 2000 06:35 PM            
Coax: Yes, I can get an air strike to always work. You need yo be within visual range of your target for most of the missiles to hit...otherwise they don't have the time to find a target. The first set of missiles are the hardest to avoid...the later ones are easier to avoid becuase they have more momentum to counter when tracking you...so you want to be close enough to get the first 5 or so to hit their target.

I really need to get my weapon strat page finished - its about 40% done...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Karldar
posted October 23, 2000 05:20 AM            
Gimme the mass driver any day. No, it's not the fastest or the easiest to aim, but I love how easily it sends tanks spinning across the map Anyhoo, that's my fave weapon-thank you for your support....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

A2597
posted October 23, 2000 08:51 AM            
Thanks for the hint on Air Strike!
And yes, the kick on the mass drivers are fun!
Anyone here ever change the nuke to be more....realistic?
like this:speed = 30
#meters per second

#power = 100
#hit strength

damage = 1.5
kick = 40

SplashRadius = 1000
SplashDamage = 5.5
SplashPush = 900

crater = 200
#meter radius of crater
depth = 100
#meter depth of crater
scorch = 0.3
#percentage to blacken near center. 1.0 is no change, 0.0 is all black.

???
I think if your on the other side of the map, you should STILL feel a nuke!!!
(And don't get hit directly!)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 23, 2000 09:28 AM            
RC, "Visual range"? My view range is 1000 meters, or (almost) the whole map...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 23, 2000 11:23 AM            
Kaeto: What I mean is in near range where you can make out the tank type.

A2597: What you'd need to do is chain to another explostion and have it do nothing but have a 2000 or 3000 splash radius and a decent splash push but do no damage.

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 23, 2000 11:25 AM            
At 1024x768, I can make 'em out at about 500 meters

!@%!#$^ relativity

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 23, 2000 11:49 AM            
I used to play at 600x800 (I'm still waiting for a vid card now though) and I could make them out about 400 Meters. 400-500 meters is the max range for a gaurenteed Air Strike...

Oh - I like multiplying all these ranges by 10 just to make the tanks seem larger - especially given the size of the sheep

IP:

A2597
posted October 23, 2000 12:04 PM            
gee wiz, I like the push to do damage!!!!
BTW, I have EVERY setting to max except for the dust. (dust killes the frame rate, or so it seems)
But I have a max terrain tris, max distance veiw, highest poly meshes, max resolution, and STILL have a good framerate of about 23-30 (Depends on the weapon, if nuke hits me, I'll get about 10fps)
and I'm on a old PC!!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 23, 2000 03:16 PM            
A2597: You never were on my Hell server...so you don't know what nukes can do to slow your system down...I had that one set so you got ONE nuke explo rather than 6 per missile - and a TNT2 still slowed to under a frame a second - with most settings at about 1/2 max.

IP:

A2597
posted October 23, 2000 06:07 PM            
LOL!
Well, I once set it so every nuke you got would fire 1000...
eek.
THAT was slow!
fun too! you could ONLY race while you were repairing!!!
as soon as you were at 100%, you would see NOTHING but nukes/criuse missiles comming at you!!! LOL!!! ( I mean it, ever look up and LITERALLY see NO sky? I'll see if I can rig it up again like that...wish I had a screen shot. )

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 23, 2000 06:21 PM            
Um...this server had the following weapon mods:

RGrenade explosions would fire either a Nuke or a Matter Bomb
Avenger shots acted like matterbomb shots (not homing)
Concussion Missle shots acted nuke shots (not homing)

That was before LDA added the Air Strike, Flamer, and Shadow Keeper - it was Beta 2.1.

--RC

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 23, 2000 08:39 PM            
Let's put it this way : Playing hell, I can end a match withing 30 seconds of getting my hands on avenger. 20 kills in 30 seconds EASY - just get on a hill & spray

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 23, 2000 09:57 PM            
Thats why I set the frag limit arround 200

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 24, 2000 09:17 AM            
I remember that once I think you set it so that two nukes spawned every time one hit - the only way to get it to stop was to just stay dead for as long as possible and let the nukes fly off and time out!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 24, 2000 11:43 AM            
hehe - might have, but I don't remember that...wouldn't that have been fun on Armegeddon

Just about every time I ran that server I made some change to it

IP:

peeet
posted October 24, 2000 05:26 PM         
i love using the dirtball on metal tanks...
almost always rolls 'em over and then they're helpless!

whenever i get the chance, i also like to snipe with the avenger...

geez - RC's matter-avenger could really flatten a map (and suicide yourself) quick!

IP: