|
Author Topic:   Map names
SirOvenMitt
posted October 20, 2000 12:25 PM         
Ok I am trying to set up a map cycle and it seems to me the maps are named different in game than the ones in the map dir. what gives? Am I missing something here?

IP:

SirOvenMitt
posted October 20, 2000 01:20 PM         
I tried using the names out of the map dir like DM1 and DM1.ved but this does not work. The game was still doing random maps. this is how the line looks in the cfg #DediMap0 = "DM1.ved" Is the entry wrong or is it the map name?

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 20, 2000 02:19 PM            
You need to remove the # - in TM config and entity files, # means that line is ignored.

IP:

peeet
posted October 20, 2000 02:46 PM         
hey SirOvenMitt - if you have the chance, while going through the maps, please start a list of map names (as they show up in the game) and their associated .ved file.

thanks - would be a great help once the map editor comes out!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 20, 2000 03:07 PM            
hehe darn number sign(#) threw me off to when i first started editing. Guys think its okay to say the other vulgar version of 'Darn' 'cause I don't know if LDA was going to crack down on it.

IP:

SirOvenMitt
posted October 20, 2000 03:18 PM         
Got it working now =) Well there are some snapshots of the maps in the dir so I just went through and removed any maps that looked like bad terrain. The main map I dislike is the JimIce2 in game it is called the Tankluge or something like that, anyways it sucked. I will have to see about running a server this weekend, see how it works on a cable modem. It will be the full version with some maps taken out of the cycle, but will be with all the demo weapons and nothing else changed.

IP:

SirOvenMitt
posted October 20, 2000 03:19 PM         
Thanks for the help too!!

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 20, 2000 05:16 PM            
BTW, you can use the level names, too, if you put quotes around them. For instance "The Ramp" works just fine

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 29, 2000 05:09 PM            
Speaking of maps, lookie here: http://www.azure-online.com/az/openglterrain/openglterrain.html

now if only it exported the maps in binery with spawn points......

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited October 29, 2000).]

IP:

Cell
posted October 29, 2000 06:18 PM         
Here you go Dudy, get to work on converting it.

IP: