|
Author Topic:   purchase/network play
davidmoomoo
posted October 14, 2000 01:03 PM            
Hello,

I have the 1.5 demo but multiplayer is not enabled - is network gaming not available in the demo? Also, when will the game be available for purchase?

Thanks

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 14, 2000 01:39 PM            
MP is not in the demo. It's a blast, though.

Release date is November 10.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 14, 2000 04:48 PM            
multiplayer is the best part of the game, your missing out if you don't buy it.

IP:

davidmoomoo
posted October 14, 2000 05:42 PM            
does anyone have the old demo with multiplayer that I can try to see if it's worth buying?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 15, 2000 01:47 PM            
The reasons behind multiplayer not being in the demo: People were playing multiplayer on the demo and never buying the full version. This was causing LDA problems of selling enough products for the game to be profitable.

If you have the old demo: Once the new version patch comes out LDA is planning on locking the old demo out of the master server so multiplayer is unavailable...this is to encourage people to buy the full game.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted October 16, 2000 10:33 AM         
i totally understand LDA's reasons for doing this, but it's unfortunate. multiplayer is what really got me hooked, and why i still love the game so much (been about a year now!), and why i bought it as soon as i could!

maybe LDA could've placed a limit on the # of times a user could log into MP games, like maybe once per day, and only for one full 20 min. game... i dunno, but it's a shame that the demo can't showw off MP as a "selling point".

trust us, though, davidmoomoo - real players much more fun to play against than the AI's! (although they got alot tougher and unpredictable, LDA - good job there!)

[This message has been edited by peeet (edited October 16, 2000).]

IP: