This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Other TM BBS:
Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 09, 2000 10:22 AM            
I just wanted everyone who hadn't realized that I was running a TM BBS other than this one knew. I'm trying to increse the posters from 5 (4 regulars) to a much larger number. Its not that fun with this few posters.

RC's Terrain Deformation BBS

On the board, I have the following forums:

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited October 09, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 09, 2000 12:09 PM            
clans?

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 09, 2000 12:43 PM         
Yes, clans.
Currently, there are two (not too active) Clans for TM:
1. Temporal Chaos (TC)
2. Black Widow Lance [BWL]

(TC) was founded by RC (and Kaeto?), has a UC homepage (accessible via RC's site > clans > TC) and five ? six? well, some members.

[BWL] was founded by Moriarty and me shortly thereafter - there seems to be a third member, but I've never met him. No, we don't have a clan page. Yet.

That's all there is. As far as I know. I've never met anyone with a clan tag except for TC or BWL.

PS: I, too, have a BBS on my site, although I'd recommend it for VRML discussions or contributions for my site rather than TM community life - RCs BBs is better structured, though not as pretty (it uses tables, after all ) and I think he has more hits per day.

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 09, 2000 03:43 PM            
who usually wins the clan wars?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 09, 2000 03:46 PM            
Temporal Chaos (TC) was founded by me, Kaeto, Anthrage, Temporalisis, and Inspector Gadget. Of those Kaeto, Temoralisis and I are the only original members that are still active, but Hawk is now a member also. If you were part of any Beta test, I will open membership to you - the requirement is that Kaeto, Hawk, or I evaluate your performace and you play...er, decently . The original requirements to be a member were being part of Beta 2.0 or earlier - obviously that isn't practical with the new Beta out...so its now open to any Beta Tester from TM...

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 09, 2000 03:50 PM            
Coax - we've never had a clan war - TC easily beats BWL anytime

Anyway - we tried to organize a Deadliest Death Match about 2 weeks after Full Ver 1.0 came out...and we my network crashed (I was going to host it). Further DDM tries also failed... The DDM was going to try and be a 4 way Clan Match with the 5 teams being: 2 of TC, 1 of BWL, LDA on a team (and we had commitments from them too!), and the rest of the world on the last team...but we never pulled it off...unfortunately...

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 09, 2000 05:02 PM         
True, TC will have our b**ls every time. But that's mainly because we in Germany actually _pay_ for the time we spend online. (about 0.01$ per minute - that adds up to quite an amount, believe me...) And because we have two and a half members and they have, well, some more.
But the DDM can still take place, in my opinion.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 09, 2000 06:39 PM            
I'd like to see the DDM - but I can no longer serve - Kaeto - you have a Cable Modem - thats probably sufficient for a good DDM game - but lets wait until the upgrade comes out...then we can have more fun (got a weapon I want on it that I haven't released yet - colored lasers).

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 09, 2000 07:03 PM            
RC - I have DSL, 128kbps of uplink (for now anyways). Hawk has more than that. He can host about 6-8 people without lag, which isn't that much...

IP:

peeet
posted October 10, 2000 09:52 AM         
DDM!
DDM!
DDM!
DDM!
DDM!
DDM!

do it!

hmm... TC's test 2.0 or earlier policy restricted me - i joined the TM community at test 2.1 . but actually, i've been thinking of courting BWL, just to give you guys some competition! (some, RC, i said some... although i'm much better than the last time we went at it!)

would love a DDM any time - just give me a few day's notice...

BTW, my cousin in CA finally fixed his problem with joining MP through AOL, and we plan to play either friday ~7:30 EST or some time sunday. i'll post the time when it's definite if anyone's interested.

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 10, 2000 11:54 AM         
Thinking of courting us? I hereby invite you to join. There is one requirement, though - you'll probably have to partake in the creation of a www-page for BWL.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 10, 2000 12:55 PM            
Peeeeeeeeeto - FYI: I'm interested in building a mining guild...you know, one that regularly runs landscape modifing servers

I've got my spiremakers to convert to the full version from the Beta2.1 still, but after that, combined with some of Dudy's and my other terrain altering weapons...I think we can have loads of mining fun!

I hereby invite all players that like mining over fraging to join the miners guild

--RC

IP:

swisher
posted October 10, 2000 01:59 PM            
How do you join a clan? I have about a year's worth of TM experience.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 10, 2000 02:29 PM            
For Black Widow Lance: In game evaluation by Dreamer or other founding member.

For Temporal Chaos: Being part of any beta test (I have extended it to include the one that was just completed) and ingame evaluation of performace (we don't care if you're good - we care if you are fun!) by me, Kaeto, or Hawk.

For Miners Guild: Just a love of mining! (major terrain deformation)

Hopefully there will soon be more clans out there!

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted October 10, 2000 02:44 PM         
yes - more clans!

Dreamer: i'm honored! but i won't consider it official until you're satisfied with my aid in creating a web page... email me. i don't have alot of free time (and no HTML experience), but i'll try!

RC: you know my penchant for mining (as you dropped by on your server way back when, as i was all by myself with many nukes blowing a hole through the Ramp, dying in the process, then picking up my leftover nukes...!) i'd love to be a member of the Miner's Guild. yay! i guess it's official now - i can play as "peeeto(MG)".
uh, as you're the founder, i guess i have to ask, would it be appropriate to use the (MG) even while frag-a-forming instead of terraforming?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 10, 2000 02:52 PM            
hehe - yeah, go ahead and use (MG) [MG] or whatever when Frag making also - though it is a Mining Guild

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 10, 2000 03:01 PM            
Hey, peeeeeeeto - check out the link at the bottom of my post for Miners Guild

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for theTerrain Deformation Site
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of the Mining Guild
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 10, 2000 03:57 PM            
RC, you can't forget that there's already *Ahem* a thought of making a terrain deformation and formation clan...
Of course, 'ours' was going to mainly be about terraforming, not de-terraforming, but of course, that's a requirement once you get pretty good at making entire levels perfectly flat landscapes, ;-)
I will need further consulting before making a clan though... i'm not sure how 'we' want to do it.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 10, 2000 04:49 PM            
Peeeto, Kaeto, Hawk, and I have been mining since Beta 2.0 - its not a new idea for us either, Dudy

IP:

peeet
posted October 11, 2000 10:26 PM         
nothing wrong with having more than one mining guild, i guess? i prefer digging, and i KNOW dudy prefers un-digging (the dirtball+ is a doozie!)

would definitely be fun having one guild dig and the other build!

now to work on our flag... hmm... a pile of dirt, a shovel and a matter bomb in the shape of skull and crossbones?

IP:

peeet
posted October 11, 2000 10:28 PM         
BTW, my cousin & i will be online this sunday from around 8pm EST on...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 12, 2000 02:26 PM            
Hmmm - we could have a clan match: Miners vs Fillers - a primarily water level wins the miners, a primarily dirt level wins the fillers

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 02:51 AM            
theres a bunch more clans now RC. But where did yours go? and where did you go?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 04:59 AM            
Calling all rusty,old TM players.Did you find a better game.Where's Hawk,RC,Keato,DVS....blah blah blah?It's hard to look back in the forums history and see not one name that plays now

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 25, 2001 09:02 AM            
Well, everyone I know of and a whole bunch of folks I don't recognize posted to that Where'd your name come from? thread. Even people that I haven't ever seen in a game but know of from this BBS.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2