|
Author Topic:   The NEW Tread Marks is ready for download!
swisher
posted October 01, 2000 09:26 PM            
Just saw that the new version of Tread Marks (version 1.5) is available for download at 3dfiles.com.

Click here to get it: http://www.3dfiles.com/games/treadmarks.shtml

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted October 02, 2000 12:55 AM            
I wouldn't recommend updating the new demo if you have the old one. It has significantly less to offer than the original demo.

No deathmatch with the AI, no ladder game, two tanks instead of three, one map instead of three, no multiplayer at all, less "flags", and various other things removed.

I'm really not sure this new demo was a good idea. It really doesn't demonstrate that the actual game has anything neat. The old one made me want to buy the game. This new one really doesn't.

It's a cool game, the demo should reflect that it has a significant amount more to offer.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 02, 2000 11:13 AM            
The reason LDA decreased what was offered in this new demo was to encourage people to buy the game. Even now people are coming to LDA and saying they've been playing the old demo for 9 months and want the full version. LDA wants people not to spend so much time before switching to the full version.

I would recommend buying the game rather than just playing the demo. The new version is being published by AAA games. They have a download for the new demo on their site also.

I have been given permission to give you a release time of 2nd week of November for the new full version of the game to be published (it will be in stores soon after that). We've got just under 2 months to wait before everyone can get the new version (there will be an update available for download for those that have the current full version).

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted October 06, 2000 04:19 AM            
I agree that the original demo gave away too much. However, the new demo doesn't show off hardly any of Treadmarks.

I think what's going on is LDA is dealing with two extremes. They game away the farm with the first demo, but they went a little far on what's missing in the 1.5 demo.

Disabled multiplayer and removing the ladder play would have sufficed. After all, you can't even DM with the AI tanks in the new demo.

You just race on one map. That's all there is to the second demo.

IP:

peeet
posted October 06, 2000 09:07 AM         
oh no! you can't even DM the AI's in the new demo?

jeez - that's how i fell in love with the game... i never even tried to race for the longest time! oh man, if that's not in the new demo, LDA's making a big mistake (IMHO).

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 07, 2000 03:59 AM            
Doesn't sound like an IMHO message, but very much agree, at LEAST let it have the options, if not nukes or levels, or tanks. BTW, i'd like it if you just left out the shadow keeper :P.

IP:

woodch
posted October 12, 2000 05:32 PM            
Don't mean to contradict, but I've been DMing with the new demo since I downloaded it. The racing portion of it captured my attention for the first couple races, but the DeathMatch is a blast. It does in fact work with the new demo.
I had never heard of this game until I found it mentioned on 3dfiles.com . I'm in love!
I'll be one of the first in line to buy this game when it comes out. What a blast!

------------------
I'll think of a sig later

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 12, 2000 06:52 PM            
Good POINT, very good, we like to hear from other people

IP:

NightQwerty
posted October 30, 2000 09:01 PM            
THere are no nukes in the new demo
bad
i had to reinstall the demo so i now ave no nukes in the demo

i will purchase full verison zzooon

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 31, 2000 12:45 PM            
LDA did not want nuke-a-rama mods on the demo. It was not my knowledge that they removed the nukes though. The reason they didn't want nuke-a-rama mods is so it wouldn't discourage new players from the game.

I'd have to check with LDA on whether the new demo is missing the nukes...but it was not my understanding that it was. Did you download this from AAA's site of 3D-Files.com (LDA's download link)? It is possible (though unlikely) that there is a discrepency between these two demo installs.

--RC

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 31, 2000 04:26 PM            
RC - there's no nukes in the new demo...
The reason for this is to get people like him to buy the freakin' game instead of playing the demo forever...

IP: