This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DvsMod 4.0
DvsDuke
posted September 30, 2000 09:06 PM            
Well im getting sick of being ristrickted to just ENTS so the next version of my mod will be 100% changed with models and texutes if any one wants to do some LUV and texture work i would love some help.

I hope to make TM a bit more fast paced more like a FPS but keep the tank feel that is so great.

DvS is back.. Fear it

BTW. I will be ripping a bunch of the junk out of my mod that seems to insane or is annoying....most of these things are experimental and stuff but i will keep older version archived on my site.

CYA!

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

ICQ-71915514

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 01, 2000 12:41 AM            
May i be the first to say HOO WOO!!!!!!

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 01, 2000 07:35 AM         
Me, too. Hooowooo.

Duke, may I ask you to give me any models you use in the (new) mod - I think I might start a DVSMod hall in my Showroom.

Yes, Kaeto, this applies to ATM, too. Just send me some Models and I'll see what I can do.

One more thing. Any model sent to me must be in VRML 1.0 , 2.0 or 97 format and textured if you want it textured on my site. I will not go out and texture your models for you, but I don't have any problems putting up pre-textured models.

Blender might be able to output textured VRML, but I'm not sure about that.

Plus, if you send screenshots to accompany your model, I am going to fix some of them to a wall near it.

Plus, I will accept any model I receive given the following three conditions are fullfilled:
a) I like the model. As I like almost each and every model, that shouldn't pose a problem.
b) The isn't anything offensive or illegal about the model.
c) The submitter of the model supplies a valid eMail address plus screen-name and a working link to his site so people can download the .luv model.
(You may also ask me to host the model on my site, if you don't have one yourself)

Well, there's an exam in chemistry ahead of me, as well as my birthday, so I don't expect to put up anything new into the Showroom before the end of 10/00, but do expect some major changes like a whole background music selection, a totally new HUD, new architecture, weapon displays, a new tank presentation system, and maybe some _really_ experimental VRML animations.
Oh yes, I'll include any user-made maps, too, but if you want me to post them textured, supply a screenshot of the map from _way_ overhead, so I can use that as a texture. Don't supply maps in VRML format.
Supply maps in RAW format or as VEDs.

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 01, 2000 03:31 PM            
As for LUV's: I believe LDA is planning on releasing an app for creating them as part of the new full version scheduled to be release in about 2 months.

--RC

IP:

peeet
posted October 02, 2000 08:11 AM         
happy b-day, dreamer!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 02, 2000 11:18 AM            
B-Day? Did I miss that somewhere (I'm to lazy to go back and read it again today).

Well, if its true - happy BDay Dreamer.

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 02, 2000 12:32 PM            
quote:
Well, there's an exam in chemistry ahead of me, as well as my birthday...

Just padding my post count,

------------------
Jedi Master Kaeto
of the L33t Side

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 02, 2000 02:00 PM            
I guess, since I "forgot" to say happy birthday, I'll have to add this :

Happy Birthday dude!

IP:

Hawk
posted October 02, 2000 06:47 PM            
Happy birthday DREAMERman! wooooOHHOHOOOOOOO (Or Hoowoo, or whatever that crazy fool Dudy's come up with now )

------------------
Jedi Master Hawk
The L33t Side Of The Force

IP:

DvsDuke
posted October 02, 2000 08:14 PM            
Happy B day! (good thing im not saying D day humm reminds me of TM) oh well im getting 3d studio max soon and with the intoduction of this expect the quality of models and quantuty of models to JUMP i hope to make texures and models for almost all my weapons if any one is good at textureing be my guest...

1 question how might i do 3 sec ents all the same or diffrent. i want to do a Tri-Laser Aim for my true laser cannon.

Also to make my mod more enjouable to EVERY one please tell me what you would see added and or taken away from the mod itself.

Thanks, DvS

P.S. im working on the modeling but converting the ENTS is going to be hell..i also want to re-texture some of the existing tanks...

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

ICQ-71915514

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Rex R
posted October 03, 2000 01:37 AM            
right so this is prolly not your after but, you can repaint the tanks and whatnot. I'm going to geuss that what you mean is to re-map the polys to different portions of the texture page (I'm I close?)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 03, 2000 12:40 PM            
kaeto, i hope your chemistry test went well. I'm a third year chemistry major so if you ever need any help just ask.

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 03, 2000 03:29 PM            
LMAO! No it was Dreamer I was quoting there

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 03, 2000 04:15 PM            
Then Coax, is there anyway to quickly and easily make some magnesium or obtain it cheaply. I have a good amount of magnesium oxide in my room, . Oh, i'll need it to chase my sisters dog with, you know. The stupid thing just won't learn, so i think if i give it some scars it'll remember better.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 03, 2000 04:17 PM            
i don't see a link to version 4 DvsDuke

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 03, 2000 04:23 PM            
OH, and also, coax, if not magnesium, i could use a way to manufacture potassium. I'd simply cover it with a candy shell and feed it to the dog. If not that, then how about sodium, Ooooooooh, or elemental iodine, mwahahahahahahahahhahahahahah. Better yet, i could carefully mix hydrogen and chlorine gas and put a sparking mechanism inside their container, then wire it to fire when i want it to. All i need then is for the dog to be bad, and i'll throw it into the chamber and let the chlorine gas saturate its lungs before i let a spark arch. Oh, even better, why not get a water dropper with nitric acid in it, and just drop some on the dogs tail while simultaneously taking a little sprayer and hosing it down with glycerine, mwahahhahahahahahahh. Or wait, what about potassium permanganate, AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 03, 2000 05:11 PM         
AARGH! Clarification on the matters discussed above:

1) my DOB: Oct, 14th 1979
2) fun in chemistry (11. oct) - well, I've got four tries for this one. If I fail all four times - goodbye, university. for good.
that's life. I am _not_ going to pass this time.

IP:

Charliey
posted October 03, 2000 10:08 PM            
Hmmm, we need a program to easily switch between mods. I _might_ write it, i dont know if i have enough time, and/or will power to actually finish it.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 04, 2000 12:32 PM            
dudy, i don't think you can get temps and pressures large enough to release the oxygen in your magnesium oxide to get elemental magnesium. I do know a way you can make sodium using table salt, 2 car batteries and a fire; you can also make your chlorine gas this way. But, I don't know if your going to use this knowledge for good.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 04, 2000 12:43 PM            
You're right Charlie - when I was running one of 4 servers I had to have the executable, the DLL files, and the altered entities in each location. What would be best is to set up a program that will automatically use the DIRS.CFG file to tell TM what dir to use for entities. If that is then set up seperately in a sub-dir of TM then all the app would need to do is keep a list of Entity dirs and for the server admin to check off which ones he wants in the DIRS.CFG file. I'd recommend allowing multiple dirs to be selected at once becuase some servers might make user of combinations of 2 configs (for instance default and addon entities).

Also, LDA - the new version: Have you implimented a way for the server list to display whether the server is using a mod that needs client side Objects/Textures to play on it? If not that is something that is REALLY needed...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted October 04, 2000 04:17 PM         
candidate for the Darwin Award:
one of my best friends in high school was a teacher's aid for chem. he thought the sodium-thrown-in-water demonstrations were pretty cool, so he snaked a chunk from the storeroom. he put it in his pants pocket and went home.
well, it was almost summer, so of course he perspired... luckily he got it out of his pocket before it caught him on fire! he got a nice little burn from it, though!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted October 04, 2000 05:11 PM            
Doesn't the Darwin award go to those that take them selves out of the gene pool? He'd only be elegible for the honorable mention

Of course, thats out of the gene pool by any means...he didn't burn himself there, did he?

IP:

Efflixi
posted October 10, 2000 06:50 PM            
Any of you ever see what happens when you place pure Lithium in a beaker of water?

The water EXPLODES, breaking the beaker into a gazillion pieces. I've only taken up to High School chemistry and we never performed that experiment. I saw it on some science show on the discovery channel.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 11, 2000 05:56 PM            
what about potassium that explodes in air from moisture in the air, and phosphorous too, sodium ignites its own hydroegen gas in water, and don't forget experiments with glycerin like adding pottassium permanganate or nitric acid to it. Iodine is another fun thing to play with, i mean elemental iodine, not that yellow solution you use to disinfect cut or wounds. OH, why not try adding a room full of chlorine gas to one of hydrogen, then shine a flashlight into the room (Don't be inside either, chlorine gas dissolves your lungs and hydrogen is not that fun to inhale either, but together they sure can help you get that 'flare' to the way you breathe, )

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 11, 2000 06:01 PM            
don't worry, i woudn't make explosives, just put a tile of sodium on the ground in front of my dog's crate, and drive it out with a tear gas bomb onto the plate, at which time i hit it with a blast of dilluted nitric acid and some water,

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2