|
Author Topic:   Compatibility Issues
Efflixi
posted September 25, 2000 11:06 AM            
Does Tread Marks run on Win2K Pro?

I've got a P3 733 w/ 256MBs of pc133 ram and a 32MB GeForce DDR running the 6.x Ref drivers. But every time i start up the game (doesn't matter which renderer i choose) it displays a memory read error.

Any help?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted September 25, 2000 12:16 PM            
We run under win2k....

...although we had problems with motherboards and the GForce...try the latest beta Detonator drivers from Nvidia....

...If those don't work, then you may need a new motherboard....and it may be an acknowledged problem [depending on the manufacturer] with rebate options.

Jim

IP:

Efflixi
posted September 25, 2000 05:54 PM            
Well, by running the D3DON.bat i was able to get the game running. But i cant change anything from the game menu or crashes so i just setup all my info from the .cfg

The game is awesome!!

[This message has been edited by Efflixi (edited September 25, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 25, 2000 08:58 PM            
and fun too

I swear, testimony that TM is good for the mind (Hawk, use this one, it'll help convince your parents about Tread Marks, ), when i got out of school, i lived through a dentist appointment, went home at four o clock, and i worked on homework straight until now, just in time for an hour and a half of TM. AND heaven help my dad if he says i should stop playing Tread Marks (You wouldn't believe the kind of face a cookie dough/TM starved 15 year-old male can make). Thnx again, LDA!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted September 25, 2000 09:07 PM            
It's hard to know....

Try uninstalling, plus wipe TM from the registry then a press install. Something may be corrupted.

You could try the same with the video drivers.

Jim

IP:

Efflixi
posted September 26, 2000 11:42 AM            
Seeing as how im a BIT older than 15 i dont think that applies to me.

*sigh* I'm 1/5th of a century old already. Man, enjoy your teenage years bro. Adult life sux!

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 26, 2000 04:59 PM         
Sad, but true.

IP:

peeet
posted September 26, 2000 06:34 PM         
hear, hear.
don't EVER grow up, if you can help it!

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 27, 2000 09:55 AM            
*Starts timer*
7 months until doomsday!

IP:

Efflixi
posted September 27, 2000 01:10 PM            
D-Day for what? u turn 20 as well? LOL

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 27, 2000 04:36 PM            
No - 18

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 27, 2000 06:09 PM            
thats nothing, 20 is the worst, just 1 year before you can buy beer laced cookie dough

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 28, 2000 06:31 AM         
Hey, come on over to good ol' Germany, everybody.
Being 16 means beer and being 18 means anything worse than wine shouuld be available to you. But you must be 18 before you are allowed to drive a car ;-) Remember: never drink before you drive.
Btw... 2 weeks left for me to tick the 21.
Kind of silly, isn't it? Most of us are around 20 and already we start to consider ourselves adults. Hey, growing up sux! Do you really think Seumas was a grup in his heart? Feel the kid inside! Give it the freedom to go on the occasional dudy-like rampage! OK, then it was a bad night I had. So what.
Have a nice DOS.

IP: