|
Author Topic:   Mods (for CutThroat, et al)
swisher
posted September 17, 2000 01:18 AM            
CutThroat, go to the following page, and on the left-hand side (under links) are a bunch of links to all known mod sites:
http://www.virtualtm.de.vu/

Nice server. Your internet connection is the fastest I've seen.

IP:

swisher
posted September 17, 2000 01:21 AM            
Oops.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 17, 2000 11:35 AM         
Just FYI, I'm going to move my site. URL (virtualtm.de.vu) stays the same, but FCity is too slow for the heap of data everyone has to download to view my page. Thus: Dreamer is moving to crosswinds.
Anyway, just use www.virtualtm.de.vu or virtualtm.de.vu

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited September 17, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 18, 2000 09:44 AM            
Dreamer - Send me that new site via E-Main - being split between 2 comps really complicates matters.

As for mods - anyone care to send me mods? I've still got about 130MB's to fill up with them

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 18, 2000 11:01 AM         
Repeat: No change in URL.
Btw, Mod pages are welcome on my page.
eMail notifications always welcome
(bwldreamer@crosswinds.net)

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 18, 2000 11:37 AM            
Well, if poor Peeeto ever has time to finish the models, Assault TM is gonna need to be hosted SOMEWHERE

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 18, 2000 05:49 PM            
Hey, I'd never say no to a TM mod posting on my site .

I'd just like to have more than Me, Dudy, and Temporalisis having mods posted on my site! (Please, mega nuke servers are too easy to create - I won't post more than one nuke mod...unless its really unique).

Kaeto - since I've lost my copy of the Hell server with my two Jaz Drive crashes, could you send me a zipped copy of your's?

One thing for anyone sending me mods: Make SURE that the files are in DIRECTORY format using reletive dir based on either the Entities Folder or the Base TM dir so that installation can be done to either the main or the Addon dir structures... If I have to rezip the files after getting them placed right, it just means they won't be up very fast. I use PKZip and it has no problem doing directory formating...

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

CUTHROAT
posted September 18, 2000 05:50 PM            
thanks swisher i have found a lot of them but i also finally noticed that the more mods i implement in the server the slower the ping is for clients plus not to mention the graphics pull down it does to me. hell im running a herculies gillomot 3d prophet with the gforce2 gts chipset running 64 mb of double data rate ram and all thoes mods put a strain on it lol

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 18, 2000 07:38 PM            
RC : how the heck do I get it to you? I have RC's_Mods_1.zip, which has the zips for Hell and Chaos, and a "NeededEnt" in it...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 19, 2000 10:24 AM            
How large are the files? If they are small enough I could have you e-mail me them...

Otherwise lets wait until the weekend and if I catch you on ICQ I can get them that way.

Only problem is that with the Olympics I'm not getting online until after midnight on the weekends...so it might have to wait a few weeks...

--RC

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 19, 2000 11:29 AM            

What's the email?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 19, 2000 02:52 PM            
You don't know my e-mail Kaeto?

It's in my footer - though I don't know how to make an e-mail clickable in UBB coding...

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 19, 2000 02:57 PM            
I wasn't sure you were checking it right now - INCOMING!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 19, 2000 03:12 PM            
Oh - the randomc@3d-unlimited.com address simply forwards all e-mail to my normal address...as does the treadmarks@3d-unlimited.com address. They are their so that I can auto-parse my messages based on where they are sent to...

--RC

IP:

NOPeR
posted September 21, 2000 01:58 PM            
Yeah Yeah, So I don't check this messageboard to often anymore...but...

Kaeto - If you or Peeeto need any additional help working on models (etc) for Assault TM let me know, both myself and Oracle would be willing to help.

NOPeR

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 21, 2000 03:27 PM            
That's Peeeto's call - I believe in giving freedom to the artists

IP:

peeet
posted September 21, 2000 05:27 PM         
ah! no time to model!
(i WISH i had studied CS in school - i'd have a MUCH more satisfying job right now )

sure, NOPeR, Oracle, i'd love the help...
basically, i wanted to create 2 or more sets of tanks for assault TM - at least one metal and at least one liquid. i was trying to find actual tank models to base the metal team on (Isreali Merkava MBT for the Assault Tank, Humvee for the Rocket Tank, etc...). tough finding models to begin with...
for the liquid team, i have some ideas. i can try to email ya some sketches to start with.

Kaeto - list the types of tanks and how they work in ATM for NOPeR, k?

i've started on the metal Assault Tank, and the liquid Sniper Tank, and will keep working on 'em...

i'm almost done with the replica of a German WWII Tiger tank (just some tweaking before trying to texture it, with your help, NOPeR). it looks great so far! maybe that one could be used for one of the metal ATM tanks...

email me or keep posting herre... gotta run!

p.s. sorry i missed the Beta Battle (semi-long story, won;'t get into it...) but i'd like to arrange a Tournament next - on a good, reliable server, invites only for a few hours, log all the games, then provide breakdown and rank the playters after! sound good? you'd better be there if we do, NOPeR, Oracle, and no excuses about ping with modem! that's all i have, too!
ok - i'm going now, really!

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 21, 2000 06:31 PM            
Assault Tank : Big, bad tank. Slow as mollases, BIG gun, takes multiple sniper shots to kill (2.5 armor). Has trouble climbing some hills. Can ram other vehicles out of it's way like they aren't there.

Humvee/APC : Very Fast, medium armor, semi-low powered hitscan gun (with a cool tracer, needs a new texure tho). Great at killing snipers and is a wonderfull guardian. Will probably be Oracle's vehicle of choice

Demolitions Tank : Fires, well, bombs that seek slightly, and do some serious damage. Very good at killing assault tanks.

Pyro : The tank to have when faced by a large group. Fires canisters of napalm that explode over a wide area (these need to be modeled/textured) Speed is average, armor is second to only the asssault tank (though still a LOT less)

Rocket Tank : Fires rockets out on (about, it's faked) 35 degree trajectory. They fly up a little, then lock on and chase their target down, but the range is short. The best tank for rooting out units hiding in a hole or on top of a hill. Fast moving, screaming turret speed. Requires a highly developed driving skill while not requiring much more than a consistent trigging finger.

Sniper Tank : Your standard sniper - fires a hitscan projectile (with a touch of seeking so lag doesn't hurt as much) that is normally a kill, especially if you aim for the rear. Very vulnerable, with almost no health and only enough speed to outrun an assault tank, plus it doesn't have a turret at all. Not the domination unit many snipers are, it NEEDs protection by an APC or an assault tank that somehow manages to get into it's nest. A pyro/demo just needs to fire a few shots in its direction and BOOM

So the assault tank is pretty much an oversized standard tank, but it should be fear-inspiring, the Humvee needs to be, well, a humvee, and it needs to be smaller than the other units. Demo should be a rather tall, but not long or wide tank (a touch taller than a T-72) with a slightly upwards angle launcher (needs a VERY short barrel). I was thinking the pyro would be the place to put an odd-looking, off-centered wierdness of a tank, and the sniper, well, I'm sure you can think of something cool These are just MY ideas, though, and I'm no artist, so they are just suggestions

Oh, and I want to do new EVERYTHING. By the release time, EVERY entity will have been replaced, and most sounds will be new. I'd like to make a ton of new art, too.

[This message has been edited by Kaeto (edited September 21, 2000).]

IP:

Rex R
posted September 22, 2000 02:01 AM            
weeellll I know of a couple places where you can find a hummer model course you'ld have to convert them last I looked revolthq.com had 2 hummers and a nfs site had 1 from what I've seen the revolt cars might be a triffle easier to convert

especially if you contact the authors if you ask nicely and explain your project they may even send you the mesh in 3ds or max format(don't hold me to this)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited September 22, 2000).]

IP:

peeet
posted September 22, 2000 09:22 AM         
thanks Rex. i'll check the sites out...

i found a link to a great hummer model created by a student in the netherlands. he tried to send me the model, but 1) it was 10MB, and 2) it was in .max format (see below).

here's something i learned that'll be of interest to all you modellers out there:
.3ds and .max are filename extensions for 3DStudio models. .max models were created with the help of certain 3DStudio plugins. unless you actually have the 3DStudio software (and the plugins too, i think), any .max file will be useless to you.
otherwise, 3D file format converters can handle only .3ds files.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 22, 2000 08:05 PM            
well I've heard from the author he said close quote just so long as it isn't microsoft go right ahead, credit would be nice. he would like a copy of the finished product( I reckon that should be easy enough)

I'ld send you a picture if I knew where to send it

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited September 22, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 22, 2000 09:23 PM            
Wellllllllll, i have two fractal programs, three high powered 2d programs, and a couple of 3d programs, so, i can do ONE MAJOR THING FOR YOU. I can do the bitmaps if you give me the idea of what skin you want, i have done many for DVSDuke before he said to stop using them, . I think i could easily supply you with crazy gfx, anything you care to... i even made some tanks in blender, that... OH IF ONLY i could convert, they'd make Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat steel tanks, but i can't really because blender makes files that are pretty wierd, 3dwin can't duplicate them at least... oh well, i can make freaky stuff, and i could EASILY make you a simple mesh, but you'd have to convert it from a dxf and rotate it a little, since blender twists and contorts things that are saved in .dxf or .vrml files (the only two it saves in other than .blend files). At least suggest to me some stuffs to get ready to make for skins, but i could go ahead and make a new skin for the ATM tanks i already have, . PLEASE send me som new files, and i'll do entities for the tanks too, if you like, i just LOVE to help.

IP:

peeet
posted September 25, 2000 12:47 PM         
Rex R: help! i found the name of the Hummer author (CADster, right?), and a few different emails for mih, but most don't work, and i haven'e rec'd a reply from the one that wasn't kicked back... can you put me in touch with him? i'll need a mesh file that i can use to start with (.3ds preferrably). thanks!

Dudy: if you need help with any .dxf files, send 'em to me with notes on what you want. autocad should be able to rotate & move to where you want them... and i'll let you know on the textures for my models...

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 25, 2000 09:00 PM            
RIGHTO!!!

IP: