|
Author Topic:   Improvements?
weevil
posted September 12, 2000 08:20 AM         
Someone (can't remember who) was conducting "research" during a game on NGI a couple of weeks ago, asking if there's anything we'd like to see in the next release.

How about

1. Smarter AIs. Let's face it, they're no competition against an experienced player, which makes things dull when the servers are quiet.

2. A ladder/league system on servers. We all want to be #1, right?

3. Something which monitors your style of play (ie. hide and ambush, in-your-face, gold box collector, etc.) and shows it in the final results.

That's all folks

weevil

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 12, 2000 06:01 PM         
Might've been me... I've taken to asking ppl what we might propose for the next ver. (We can't all be Beta testers, can't we? )
But most don't seem very talkative...
Well, weevil - let's hope LDA answer your post (quite interesting ideas, imho - oh: the AIs have already been improved)

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 12, 2000 06:09 PM            
Collecting stats al-la goldeneye would be sweet... Having a permanent record of how many of each you get would rock!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted September 12, 2000 09:19 PM            
The AI is a lot better in the new version, and we'll continue working to improve it.

Yes, an all human ladder could be nice for a server.

I don't think we'll monitor for camping and sniping, that's the cruise missile's job

Jim

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 12, 2000 09:59 PM            
I like the cruise missile for general taking out that pesky tank that is heading right at you - its great for those head ons

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 13, 2000 08:09 PM            
What about those guys which come at you all wrong and you can ram them so that they go fliping onto their backs so you can toast em on both sides, . Also, you MUST NOT forget how much fun a dirtball can be, right? One other that i love to use on unsuspecting snipers in high places are the MRL's or especially the Rocket Grenades, that is what i really live for. But, LDA, about the cruise killing the people who camp, it doesn't stop them and they simply rack up points on the ais and people who respawn enough that they win the game. I say you need some others that get rid of campers for SURE.

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 13, 2000 08:58 PM            
It's called Kaeto(TC)

I eat campers for breakfast. It's just a matter of showing them how a Swarmer works.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 14, 2000 07:58 AM         
Maybe some kind of camper-killing sheep...
I mean sth. like: Make sheep track ppl. as slowly as they move now. Whenever a sheep hits a tank, make the code look at the respective speeds. If the sheep is faster than the tank: POW! Y not? And it would put a use to those sheep, as well...

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

IP:

weevil
posted September 14, 2000 08:33 AM         
I just had another idea.

For those games where you felt you played really well, but ended up with a low frag count, 'cos the other b*st*rds kept poaching your frags.

You could console yourself if you knew the total percentage health you'd wiped off your opponents. So, although you might have nailed over 2000 heath, but scored less than 20 frags, at least you could claim a moral victory over the winner who might only have taken 500 health points.

I guess it's a bit like counting "assists" in basketball.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 14, 2000 09:29 AM         
nice idea.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 14, 2000 12:46 PM            
Its called Random Chaos (TC)

I eat all players for breakfast, be them campers or not. I usually start with other TCers

I really need to get an OGL card so I can play again...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted September 14, 2000 04:11 PM         
you goin' back to school this semester, RC?

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 15, 2000 03:46 PM            
Well, maybe there should be a point system, that would be pretty great, now you can have frags, deaths, and points, , all of which can be used to break ties.

IP: