|
Author Topic:   For all tank/weapon creators out there.
MW
posted August 29, 2000 05:07 PM            
I've found usefull freeware utility for creating liquid tanks (or any other 3D objects), it's called "Blob Modeller"... it's very easy to use it, BTW. You can get it here: http://www.globalserve.net/~sanger/

Also there is a 3D model viewer, called "3D Exploration", with help of which you can view and convert different 3D file formats (including Lightwave).

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 31, 2000 06:57 PM            
since no one else has any manners, i'll go ahead and say thanks

IP:

Charliey
posted August 31, 2000 10:54 PM            
Good site!

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

peeet
posted September 05, 2000 09:20 AM         
awesome, MW! - i was about to discount the blob modeller 'cause POV-Ray doesn't use triangles for blobs... but this program exports the blobs as a triangle mesh - that's great, as blobs are easy to work with. thanks!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted September 06, 2000 01:32 PM            
Haven't tried that program, but be careful not to slow TM down by having objects with far too many triangles than they need.

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 07, 2000 12:00 AM            
Yeah!!! Don't forget about poly's, bad person. misleading us to run our cpu at lower fps because of his evil mishaps that he purposly imposed upon us to ruin the sanctity of TM falsely.

IP:

peeet
posted September 07, 2000 12:23 AM         
me!? i would NEVER do that to you, dudy!

BTW, i found an excellent poly reducer on the web. if anyone's interested, i can email/post the link. it works with wavefront .obj files. the link provides the command-line program, compiled, but only provides the source for the GUI, which is nice...
i've compiled the GUI, so if you trust me , i could email the compiled GUI...

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 07, 2000 05:03 PM         
Why would _anyone_ possibly want a GUI?
Command-line rulez! The last good thing about Windoze - the DosBox! Burn the **** MSExploder!
Methinks we should've never left our DOS trees to dwell on Windows... - Wich reminds me - OpenGL should definitely work under DOS, right?

------------------
BWL][Dreamer, founder of the Black Widow Lance,
Maintenance slave of the virtual TM showroom

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited September 07, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 07, 2000 07:53 PM            
No, OpenGL won't work under DOS. No drivers, no libraries, no nothing with most compilers AFAIK.

IP:

peeet
posted September 08, 2000 09:31 AM         
Dreamer! the command-line program doesn't display the mesh!
the GUI is so that you can manipulate the # of faces of the model, and observe the results. the command-line program only performs the reduction...

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 08, 2000 07:19 PM            
but don't worry, we'll just make you pay us in bottle caps the price for us telling you that, :-

IP: