|
Author Topic:   Catalog to Aid in Modding
peeet
posted August 24, 2000 12:31 PM         
i noticed that some of you posted that you have alot of spare time on your hands... i don't, so i was wondering if someone wants to help out the TM community:

it would be really helpful to have a list of entities and their associated files, since most of the .ent files are not named in such a way that you can easily figure out what weapon/tank they are for... same goes for the maps...

would someone be willing to look at all (or some ) of the files and compile such a list?

the most important (i think) would be the weapons files. it would be really helpful to have a list of all the .ent files that control each weapon. the table "should" look something like this, at a minimum:

WEAPON NAME______PROJECTILE FOLDER______WEAPON FOLDER
120mm Shell___________tankgun1.ent_____________________---

it might be nice to have a complete list of all .ent files associated with each weapon, so that new weapons can be designed, based on existing weapons.

next, it would be nice to have a list of tank names and associated RaceTank .ent files. finally, a list of map names and associated .ved file names (maybe this could be done by matching the bitmap previews with the map names).

thank you for your assistance!

[edit to get table to look right)

[This message has been edited by peeet (edited August 24, 2000).]

IP:

Charliey
posted August 24, 2000 12:38 PM            
If it was done, it would need to be made for just the full version. With mods, the projctile associated wtih the weapon files can change.
I might be able to do on of the groups.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted August 28, 2000 08:46 AM            
Well, I have been working on such an item for the entity commands...for about 9 months now - and its STILL far from complete...

Maybe with my phone line down, I'll have a chance to work on it...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP: