|
Author Topic:   since the master server is down
coax
Administrator
posted August 22, 2000 07:16 PM            
I say when ever the master server is down we all meet at
NGI - Demo Server, 194.177.103.42:12300

It'll make everyones life easier to try to get to 1 server then a whole mess of them

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 23, 2000 01:16 AM            
so you saying be organized? Nooooooooo, never do that, what are you thinking MAN!!! TM is chaotic, we must keep the system going in every way, :P

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 23, 2000 11:40 AM            
lol. It's gotta be all about organization. I'm tired of playing by myself

IP:

peeet
posted August 23, 2000 01:57 PM         
LDA - can you please provide some explanation/resolution to the fact that the master server is often down and doesn't respond... is there an alternate IP that can serve as the master server?

BTW, i understand that the master server is currently located in california. do you pay for this service on an ongoing basis? is there a reason that the master server can't be moved to another location (besides that the IP # may have to be changed...)?

coax - i agree with your call for "organization". and, NGI has consistently provided a very decent, relatively stable connection for the entire time it has been up... we should all email NGI to express our gratitude for their service (and so that they don't discontinue any time soon! )

IP:

LDA AL
unregistered
posted August 23, 2000 07:20 PM           
We are fortunate to have a voluntary master server, but this does mean occasional down time.

[This message has been edited by LDA (edited August 23, 2000).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 23, 2000 08:04 PM            
oh, I always had thought the master server was at LDA headquarters, oh-well. Anyways, NGI is always up

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 23, 2000 08:30 PM            
Hey, coax, feel free to e-mail me aboutt imes, i prolly can get on and play with yah a lot of the time, except on week-ends, when my dad is home from work and goes about his slave driving ways on me, UGH

IP:

Karldar
posted August 24, 2000 04:58 AM            
Master server's back up! Let's blast some tanks!

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 24, 2000 11:07 AM            
I'll do thet dudy, I finally have time to dedicate my life to TM, I've been in summer school for the last 9 weeks

IP:

Karldar
posted September 14, 2000 05:19 AM            
FYI, I'm testing my server(full ver) this week while I'm at work. Karldar's Smackdown should be open for business every night the rest of this week-I don't know about the weekend yet. In case the master goes down, my address is 24.10.254.17

If any regular board contributors get a chance to play on my server, I'd like your feedback about how it plays, game balance, etc. I have to credit Noper and RC for all the mods-well, maybe not all. I think that RC hosts some of Dudy's mods or something. I got a lot of them from RC's site anyway. Give yourselves credit here if I left you out. I hope to be able to leave my server running while I'm at work so people can play somewhere a bit different than what's out there-not that it's much different Hope everyone likes it and/or gives me feedback on it.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 15, 2000 03:51 PM            
If you need some downright dirty weapons, JL and I are your ticket, we have some really good stuff going now, I can wait till i can make a dirt plasma ball mod and laser too,

IP: