|
Author Topic:   controls(joysticky)
Karldar
posted August 20, 2000 09:18 PM            
Okay, I didn't wanna post a new topic, but I couldn't really find a relevant one already in existence. I'm evidently an idiot or somethin' cuz I can't get my stick to work at all. I can't enable the joystick option in the menu and I can't figure out how to map the buttons and such to the control configuration screen. Anybody else had this prob? BTW, yes, the joystick is plugged in. I don't like the whole keyboard/mouse idea, but I'm tryin' it for the beta. Mebbe I'll end up gettin' used to it. Oh, well.

IP:

Charliey
posted August 20, 2000 09:59 PM            
You mean in the beta? Joystick support is dissabled.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

Karldar
posted August 20, 2000 10:09 PM            
Naw, talkin' bout the full version. I know there's no stick in the beta. Whenever I try to enable the joystick in the full version it stays on disabled-doesn't change at all. BTW, I've got a Sidewinder 3D Pro if that matters. Very curious, wouldn't you say?

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 21, 2000 10:20 AM            
Not really, the sidewinder is Microsoft made, besides, i have a prob every now and then with mine. Go into control panel and check to make sure that windows detects the controller. If anything get a logitech wingman extreme, not a MS thingy, :P. LOL, J/K, actually, i don't understand it a lot of times, but sometimes you need a reboot err somethin, other times windows just doesn't detect the thingy so you need to delete the file saying that it's there and install the drivers all over again, . Of course, i have no idea much about what that helps, so i guess you could ask charlie some stuff since he's got a joystick like yours i think...

IP:

Charliey
posted August 21, 2000 11:34 AM            
Nope, ive got a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)
Check out Tread Edit

IP:

Karldar
posted August 21, 2000 01:41 PM            
Okay, I'm officially an idiot. I forgot to reinstall the software for my stick after I had to reformat my HD earlier this year. I haven't been playing many stick-compatible games lately('cept for TM, of course). To make a long story longer, it works fine now.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 23, 2000 08:41 PM            
You're sooooo dumb, Haahahahahhahahahhahaha, nyah nyah, HAhahhahahahahahahha... err um, NO!!!!! you shouldn't say such things about yourself.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 23, 2000 08:44 PM            
let me do it,

IP: