|
Author Topic:   Idle question/thought for the day
Rex R
posted July 26, 2000 12:56 PM            
right any one know of any TM websites? off hand I can think of 4. if there are 5 or more they could set up a webring

IP:

Charliey
posted July 26, 2000 02:05 PM            
Well i dont know exaclty, but theres mine at
www.geocities.com/tm_editor/

I know DvsDuke has one, and so does RC. Im not sure about others, but if there are, a web ring would be good.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 26, 2000 02:52 PM            
I can think of RC's, DvsDukes, Noper's, Dreamer's, and yours Charley.......... Ring TIME!!!!! Don't forget to include LDA's official site...

IP:

swisher
posted July 26, 2000 04:13 PM            
What's a web ring?

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 26, 2000 05:18 PM            
A web ring is a bunch of affiliated web pages. Usually they have a little thing down at the bottom of each one that looks like this :

Random Site
Previous Site Next Site
TM Ring Home

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 26, 2000 06:00 PM         
Hail and kill.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited July 27, 2000).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 27, 2000 03:15 AM            
hmmm with such a GREAT GAME I would have thought that there would be more websites. had all of them cept charlies tucked into my fav.s/bookmarks

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 27, 2000 03:49 AM         
Although it's a great game, there hardly are active players beyond this BBS... Some, but not many, you meet the same people all the time.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 27, 2000 08:50 AM            
Yeah it bites. I hope TMr2 is a HUMONGOUS hit

IP:

Rommell
posted July 27, 2000 09:50 AM            
Why do you need a special editor? I just use Notepad.

Shoot you later

IP:

Charliey
posted July 27, 2000 10:55 AM            
Well, there are things that make my editor better, just try it, it lets you preview the textures and sounds, and in the comming version, theres going to be a drop down list of all the textures in the texture directory, so you can easily pick the file you want.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 27, 2000 11:26 AM            
Yeah I think your editor is good for all the people who are afraid that they will hurt someone if they use notepad. Personally I'm gonna stick with notepad, but if you get it working so that you can load any .ent and it will detect what it is and stuff, I think it'll be a great tool...

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 27, 2000 03:24 PM            
I LOVE close communities, i certainly hope LDA get enough money for another game, sure i do, but there's two things i don't want...

1) We all forget each other, close communities bring good friends, close good friends... i woulda never had ANY online friends other than maybe ONE person i met at my SMALL ( 17 kids in my class, ranging from grades 7 to 12, yess, we all take turns having classes and i have to look after the seniors you always accidentally make chlorine gas in the chemistry room, or so they say accidentally ) school. Think of it, if i had come here when it was all full of different people, i prolly wouldn't have had soo many friends already. It's my best hope that we SLOWLY grow... knowing everyone until we're a great bunch of tread marks freaks and we can split and get more people into Tread Marks........

2) That LDA would become soooo big that they would turn out to be somethinglike Microsoft, it is completely possible, look at sony, they started making one form of electronics, now look at all that is sony made!!!!!!!!! I swear, unless LDA keeps their budget nice and compact, giving it the right amount, you're gonna have all these employees come on in and start taking control as the McNally's leave, untill the problem of big companies ruining stuff becomes worse. I can't stress how much i am thankful that LDA is a family buisness and will keep to themselves this far, OF COURSE GET EMPLOYEES, just watch out that you don't..... well, now i'm trying to tell you what to do, that's not right, just watch out for yourselves, never get too much into greed, i'm sure you won't but i'm a worry wort by family trait so i have to say this so i KNOW i didn't forget to tell you what i've learned by all this bad example, as in Microsoft and all these other empires... the more humble and nice and small you are, the nicer and less dominant you are against the people that are trying to buy some good games. Okay, i'm feeling a little awkward here so i'll stop typing

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 27, 2000 04:04 PM            
Not all companys that make it go nasty. Look at Redstorm. They still make AWESOME games.

IP:

Hawk
posted July 27, 2000 05:09 PM            
Of course they do, fool, they haven't made anything but Rainbow Six games =P

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 27, 2000 05:28 PM            
No, they've made :
Force 21
Shadow Watch
Dominant Species (ugh)
And a couple of other games...

IP:

Hawk
posted July 27, 2000 05:34 PM            
Yes, and everything made prior to the first R6 game sucked.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 27, 2000 06:06 PM         
I hereby announce my site has moved to http://members.fortunecity.com/virtualtm
Yeah, I know they s... - are not among the fastest servers, but hey, it's cheap an' all.
Plus, the site is progressing quite quickly, so what you seek today might be in tomorrow and what you suggest today might make it in by next week.
At least Dudy appears to like the page.
Sad thing LDA won't link to it. "Too hard to get into", they say. Well, Chuck's suggested a Webring of sorts and maybe we'll do just that, right?
Case anybody ain't got anything else to do and discovers he's online for no specific reason - why not give it a try now and then - surf to my site. If you do, I'd be more than happy if you commented on it here or via eMail. My address is there.

In the meantime:

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP: