|
Author Topic:   Help again
Rommell
posted July 19, 2000 10:55 AM            
You guys took care of my profile drivers for graphics now I am trying to get my ATI Rage Mobility controller to function with TM. Any suggestions? As usual Gateway dosen't offer any support for this type of application. Also running w2k on this.

Thanks

IP:

peeeto
posted July 19, 2000 12:12 PM         
i THINK i can help with this one too! (right, Kaeto?)

so, this is a different laptop, right? and it has a graphics card based on the ATI RagePro chipset?

mwahahahahahahaha - THERE IS NO HELP FOR YOU!

much to my dismay, because i USED to have an ATI Xpert@Play98 and because all of our machines at the office have them and we now have a DSL line, ATI RagePro chipsets CANNOT HARDWARE ACCELLERATE TM!

ATI claims that their opengl ICD is fully compliant with opengl standards, but it isn't. they do not have ANY drivers that will work . and they do not answer e-mail. frustrating, isn't it?

just do a search in this BBS for "ATI", "Rage", "problems", "won't work", "why did i buy this stupid card", "aaaaaaaaaaaargh!", "ATI sucks!", etc...

you'll come up with ALOT of discussions about it, mostly posted by me!

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited July 19, 2000).]

IP:

Rommell
posted July 19, 2000 12:50 PM            
Great, $4700 and no graphics abilities. At least the Profile is now gaming fine. Thanks and Keep shooting

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 22, 2000 03:03 PM            
Run the D3D_ON.bat file in your TM folder.
FIXORED!
Oh, and you might have to poke around and find some OLDER, yes, older, drivers...

IP:

peeet
posted July 23, 2000 04:29 PM         
yeah - D3D_ON is better than nothing... but if you're used to hardware accelerated play, D3D will be a bummer...

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 23, 2000 05:53 PM            
Peeet : It _IS_ hardware accelerated... I don't catch your drift. It's just slower, and maybe a little buggier...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 23, 2000 06:43 PM            
The Rage mobility is a Rage/Pro and has mediocre OpenGL drivers.

TM will crash on them....

Jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 23, 2000 08:35 PM            
Yeah, but it _WILL_ run on a RagePro+wrapper, but not with the newer drivers... Ya gotta dig up some older ones, but not the originals either. That's why I keep ALL my driver revisions It can look kinda funky on occasion (wierd tree stuff) but other than that it's fine.

IP:

Sardine
posted July 23, 2000 09:22 PM         
Speaking of video issues... has anyone (after moding the game) been happily playing along and all of a sudden THE TERRAIN JUST FLIPPIN' DISAPPEARS!!!!!

From a Battle perspective it's really great because you can easily find all the great weapons... the flip side of it is it doesn't let you see the really big crater you're about to drive in to.

If anyone has heard of this (or seen it as the case may be) or may know of a fix (short of removing all the mods... duh!) please let me know!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 23, 2000 10:50 PM            
with me, once i flipped on D3D and first match, my games okay, the second TM match, the tanks were solid white, the third match, EVERYTHING but the ground was white.
Fun fun fun!!!!!

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 23, 2000 10:57 PM            
Sardine : What video card do you have? My S2K used to do that with certain drivers

IP: