This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Sound, anyone?
Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 02:24 PM            
Okay, i want to know who here thinks that they have the best headphones for games like this. I have been wondering whether i should buy a Koss R100 for TM, but I JUSt DON"T KNOW. I'm not sure about the people at amazon.com. seems most of them are saying "Use it for listening to music while driving a lawnmower!" Others act like it is something for DJ's. Would LDA help out here too, if you have a type of headphones that are good. I don't really mind about the price, as long as it isn't over $120 like those sorround sound headphones for $210 or so... UGH!!!!!!

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Charliey
posted July 17, 2000 02:38 PM            
Headphones!?

Wouldnt a sub woofer be better? With 2 or 4 satilite speakers?

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 02:41 PM            
it is strange but they don't seem to work well (the rear speakers hardly work at all and thusly, i have to spread them a certain way that forces me to trip over them constantly, UGH!!!!!, and how can i play the game at night when my parents are sleeping?), besides, if i can walk outside and tell which city my ballistic missile hit with only two ears, wouldn't a headphone work just as well?

IP:

peeeto
posted July 17, 2000 04:46 PM         
sounds like you're talking 900 Mhz cordless?

no matter what you get, cordless is the way to go, dudy! just go listen to the radioshack model... $99, i think.

got some for my b-day last year & i love 'em!
esp. for TM... subwoofer's fine & fun for a while, but headphones let me hear stereo effects perfectly (like the cruise missile comin' in on the left side... RUN!), and doesn't keep my wife awake at nights...

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 05:22 PM            
I may look into some, but they don't seem to be all as good a performance, what are yours made by, i'll look at those....

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Hawk
posted July 17, 2000 09:21 PM            
99 freakin' bucks for headphones? Get your arse over to a frickin' Best Buy and get Aiwa HP-X222 unit. Great sound, good bass support, digital headphones, 20 BUCKS =P

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 10:19 PM            
you forget, my friend, i live in (please read and note the following) OWEGO, NY.
YOU CAN'T FIND DIDLEY SQUAT HERE!!!!!!!!
But there is a dunkin donuts, so it is good enough. BUT no DSL, NO CABLE, NO WALMART, THERE USED TO BE NO POWER AFTER 9:00 P:M ALL THE WAY TO STINKIN 6:00 A.M. I think (numbers are hard to remember these days. To put it simply, i'd have to ride in a two way plane ticket to conviniently reach a BEST BUY which would take two hours to reach the air port, 30 minutes to reach a good city, and... you know what i mean. I don't have a Drivin Liscense...... both of my parents work all the time, with on or two days to spare where they hang out with their friends, i only have one sister around the house, the one who has little respect for other's time and would love for me to drive her, but not her drive me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (at this point i'd like to admit i'm going to go into shock, i'll post when i get out of the coma)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 10:22 PM            
i do have a pair of aiwa HP-XV113's but, to be quick, can't sauder the wires very easily

BTW there are easily some models of headphones which cost over 300 bucks. I can't afford any good wireless ones peeeto, thnx though

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited July 17, 2000).]

IP:

peeeto
posted July 18, 2000 09:11 AM         
i hear ya - i know it's alot for 'just' headphones. but wireless is just so cool - i hate wires danglin from everywhere... and i DO listen to these while i'm mowing my lawn! (or listening to skinny puppy - don't want to scare the neighbors!)

the model i have is similar to the radioshack model. if you get the chance, go listen to them at the store (you DO have radioshack out there, yes?)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 10:27 AM            
I am not near to a radio shack... but it is about 30 to 45 minutes away from my house. I think maybe i could get something there, but Peeeeet, what is the exact name, that i could see about it on the i-net?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted July 18, 2000 12:56 PM            
Dudymas, thats too few 'E's...its supposted to be:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited July 18, 2000).]

IP:

peeeto
posted July 18, 2000 02:23 PM         
LOL - that's it, RC!

dudy: the name on the phones themselves are "Bright" 900 MHz, model RF-H80

my wife got these from Brookstone for my b-day. not _exactly_ what i wanted, but they sound just as good, and anything you buy from Brookstone has a lifetime warranty. they were $99, same as radioslack's model.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 06:31 PM            
Not gonna do it man, i want to buy some cd's from Jars Of Clay and Five Iron Frenzy (muahahahahahah, may be some polkaish stuff from They might be giants too) and that won't do if my dad will only let me have one hundred dollars of some money i earned, as DvsDuke, JL, and Kaeto... maybe hawk shall remember, working on *COUGH* painting a house with my dad. He says i need to save the money for college, not like i'll need a lot to be in missionary service, but, who knows, some colleges can be down right dirty in money so, either way......... I'll be hearing TM for the first time, In HIGH QUALITY sound. I suggest, though, that if anyone sees the aiwa headphones i spoke about above (the Aiwa HP-XV113) you should get some, i currently am waring mine, but the way they're soddered (saudered, however you spell it) i can't wear em for long, BUT IT REALLY ROCKS, you can have five swarmers going of in different places and be able to pin point them all by spinning a little, GREAt FUN.... but since they are two speakers, you have to make the front noises louder and the rear quieter by use of a sound program, that way you can tell the difference from back to front, and frag a guy with mines without even looking...

Yes RC, i know the amounts of eeeee's, BUT RC< YOU FORGET TO ADD THE 'O' AT THE END!!!! FOR SHAME!!!!!!!:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeto

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 06:34 PM            
plus you spelled the abbreviation for it is as its, not it's. SHAPE UP!! or hawk will serve you no fruit cup when we eat dinner at the asylum here, hmmmmmmph!

IP:

Hawk
posted July 18, 2000 07:17 PM            
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDY!

You listen to Jars of Clay and Five Iron Frenzy too!? You ever listen to a really good Christian group called 'Supertones'? Or Newsboys?

------------------

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:02 PM            
yup, Newboys, I LOVE EM'. Simon and Garfunkle, Seal, Sting, Jazz trio i know you wouldn't know, I LOVE DEBUSSY and the Maldau by Smetina (Classical music), BUT i have not heard the Supertones, i will see that i hear them as Kaeto has suggested. You ever listened to "They Might Be Giants"? Heh, my sister got me hooked on Gentle Giant, Try that one, though they aren't Christian, it's music that everyone likes so it is default on our cd player when my sister (the Good one that lives in CO) brings it. I hope that you've listened to Simon & Garfunkle, i've listened soooooo much that i can get sick if i don't hear music, in general, at least once a week.... silly, ain't it.... but i bet you could understand why, to put it simply, i'm not very sane when i don't listen to music i start talking about how i want to skewer or stupid dog on a pole and throw darts at it after i lite a fire underneath it..... Mwahahahahah (uh oh, more music)

You know of any good mp3 players or cd rippers for my PC, we'll need one soon, alll i have now is this cruddy thing called Gamut, UGH, i think i'll hurl from saying it, but not as bad as from thinking the word Windows 98. Heh, funny thing is that, by default, if anyone asks me about window cleaning, i will first say "There's no way In Heaven or Earth that's convinient for Windows cleaning as burning the hard drive and replacing it with one with an installed copy of linux in it," bwahahahahahahh!!! but it is true, no? LDA, you had better have the new version of TM run on Linux, i'm getting it soon.... Red Hat that is...

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:30 PM            
Hey, peeeeto, You must try out these headphones, they're really CHEAP, go ahead and go to this web-site, Everyone go here, as a matter of fact:

http://www.headphone.com/ProductsHeadphones/SennheiserHEHEV90.asp

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:36 PM            
Would anyone like to know what i'd do to our dog if it chewed the cord on those headphones. Please note that there is no way (impossible, not doable) that i'd keep from cursing in the post...

IP:

Hawk
posted July 19, 2000 07:10 AM            
Wow, yes, 11 dollars for those, I'll pay it in a second. Wait, what do you mean move the decimal place over? What...AAAAAAAAAA!

------------------

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 19, 2000 03:36 PM            
Soooooo, maybe we could charge 11 dollar admission for people to listen to them after you buy them hawk, you'd be in serious buisness then!!!!!!

IP:

Hawk
posted July 19, 2000 10:09 PM            
You've had the dog eat your headphones cord too? Heheh. My old headphones cord looks like swiss cheese now...what little is left of it

IP:

peeet
posted July 20, 2000 08:25 AM         
wow- good price for HEADPHONES (cough cough)

hey dudy - i've successfullt soldered (yes, it's spelled 'soldered') a few headphones in my time, so if yours ever quit on ya again, let me know...

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2000 10:05 AM            
Right now i'm very worried, wearing headphones that have a volume control covered with plastic glue and wound up in a (heheh, get this) tied waterballoon, the only thing i had to tie it together at the moment. To think that they'll last against a hardcore, crazy as i am, music goer is not the best of assumptions on my part knowing that stepping on them was the original cause for the disconnection on the cord, i stepped on it, stood up out of bed, hurt my ear lobes, and it wouldn't work right, hmmmmm... the speakers, checked, no, the VOLUME control on the cord, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, i HATE that!!!! next thing you know i'm trying to pry appart the cover for it, i peek in to see ONE disconnection, so i sit in this unair conditioned room trying to tape a peace of aluminum to a wire, which i cut the rubber around it to get more out, and when i fix it all up and a wrap tape around it and stuff, then i cut a hole in the top of the tape so i can adjust the volume, and what happens, i stepped on it again and yanked it appart (by now i'm reeking of B.O. because the room isn't air conditioned), by the time i get back home(it happened on the trip i had to CO) i had three disconnections from just being down right STUPID!!! i don't think i have enough money to pay you for the thousands of times you'll need to repair it, WHY!!!!! i hadn't had the problem of stepping on it at first, Now i'm all worried so i forget other things, hurt myself, stub a toe, get angry, break the cord again. Tain't worth it, i'm getting a coiled cord, NOW!!!! WITHOUT VOLUME CONTROL!!!! hmmmmmmmph

------------------
.I'm Not Klutzy!!!!!!!!!.
. I'm Very Over .
. Talented .

IP:

Rex R
posted July 20, 2000 12:24 PM            
if you get the chance get a good 75-150 watt soldering gun that way you don't melt near as much insulation trying to join wires(for circut boards a 15 watt iron works better)

IP:

peeet
posted July 20, 2000 12:40 PM         
NOW you see the advantage of CORDLESS!

i'm telling you, you'll love 'em... not only for TM! (ugh, but they aren't convenient for walkman's, 'cause you have to plug the transmitter in to the walkman. but, the transmitter can run on batteries too)

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3