|
Author Topic:   What's up at LDA (2)
Dreamer
posted July 17, 2000 12:37 PM         
Well, well, here we go again...

Jim, you mentioned a "new version of TM"...
Does that mean all of us have to buy the game asecond time if we want to keep playing or will you make a patch available?

Cryo, I've recently downloaded the Recoil demo... You call that realistic handling???
I mean, what kind of friction is that? Ok, maybe TM has overdone it a bit, but, err, well, umm, why did they glue the Recoil tanks to the ground?

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Charliey
posted July 17, 2000 02:20 PM            
Will you have to buy the new version if you already have the it? Im about to buy it, but i might wait for the new one if ill have to buy 2. I really want it now, and i dont want to wait for the new one.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

[This message has been edited by Charliey (edited July 17, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 05:40 PM            
Ummmmm, who wants some moving platforms on TM, i do. Then we'd be able to play in a oodle n' noodle level where you float in a measuring cup of Oodle and noodles and if you get knocked into the drink you die.

BOTTOMLESS PITS!!!!!!!

Elevators so you can use those watch towers......

Jump Pads and hover pads for those extra oooomphs and such to get up hills and over ditches.

BRIDGES OF DIRT AND OTHER THINGS (you'll have to make a new form of level model though, why not make it just prebuilt (as in modeled out of TM) and put it in there, plus we can then be able to build bridges by making a mound and blowing a hole into it... YOU COULD MAKE WALLS WITH HOLES THAT ACT AS PORTHOLES FOR YOUR GUN, thusly protecting you from enemy fire quite well....

We can't seem to get mounds to form in the water at the bottom of the level, i remind you to fix that, and a lot of times i fire a mass round RIGHT INTO a guy and he doesn't even slow down!!!!!

ohhhh, why not floating platforms and things that explode when you hit them, Yeah, that way you can blow away enemy mines with other weapons, have intercepting missiles that hit nukes and makem fall out of the air or explode, maybe detonate them every so often just to make it more unpredictable.....

kay, i done for now

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 05:40 PM            
anyone know what happened to michael welch?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted July 17, 2000 07:34 PM            
Dreamer, to try and answer your initial question:

Well, as of 1.5 weeks ago when I last had an update from LDA, there may be an update package or, due to bad CDs, they may ship replacements with the new version, or there may be some other meathod that is unknown. They haven't decided yet and a lot depends on how they will be doing distribution of the new version...more than that I'd have to have LDA tell you since thats about all I know, but I can say that its a while off that any update will be out...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 17, 2000 10:26 PM            
awwwwwwe, who cares about dreamer's question, mine mine mine!!!!!!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 17, 2000 10:35 PM            
Dreamer...

Even if the new version goes through a publisher, we'll provide a free upgrade to all our loyal customers.

Jim

IP:

Rex R
posted July 18, 2000 01:35 AM            
3 cheers for LDA!

IP:

peeeto
posted July 18, 2000 09:13 AM         
always the best! (which is why we are loyal!!!)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 10:31 AM            
weeeeeeeee, i agree, cept i really have to know if anyone has seen or heard of Michael Welch recently. His e-mail doesn't work anymore and he hasn't posted anything on his web-site for months... and i have asked the web pages manager too, he hasn't said anything. I have to worry about others like this, because he's a game programmer.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 18, 2000 12:13 PM         
Thx, Jim, that was all I wanted to know.
Btw... One _tiny_ proposal, case you haven't yet thought of it... Please add in-game volume control.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Cell
posted July 18, 2000 04:10 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:04 PM            
YEAH MAN, FREE DX-BALL UPGRADES FOR ALL OF US (YAAAAAAAAY!!!!) EXCEPT KAETO (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!), WHO HAS BEEN FAAAAAAAR TOO EVIL TO DESERVE IT!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:07 PM            
Yeah, i've got it now!!

let's have some special Tread Marks DX-BALL Board sets that have pics from the game on them, heheheheheh

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2000 09:38 PM            
You know what, maybe LDA should give us a pair of these Headphones when we get our update on TM. Would you, LDA?

http://www.headphone.com/ProductsHeadphones/SennheiserHEHEV90.asp

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 19, 2000 04:28 PM            
Guess not, ahhh shucks, maybe with a board pack then

IP:

Sardine
posted July 21, 2000 10:55 AM         
Big tank you to LDA! And GL on finding a LDA friendly publisher!

Let's see, I've brought up buildings recently, but now I have a new idea and maybe some of you Mod Maniacs can perform some of your magic! As Dudy brought up the mass round earlier, it got ME thinking, if you do fire the mass round into a small mound of dirt, SHOULDN'T the dirt be forced out the other side instead of actually absorbing the force? Certainly with the laws of physics some energy would be lost in contact, but it would still have force to strike wouldn't it?

Perhaps if you created the out shot like with the God&^#()*ed towering earth spikes from hell, only without the towers and gave the clods the striking strength say of a tree drop or a little less? Just a thunk, I'm gonna eat pizza now... bye!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 21, 2000 01:14 PM            
PIZZA, IICCCCCCKKKKK. Heretic!!!!! Let's tar And Feather em for Disgracing Cookie Dough.

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:17 AM            
Dudy should be stoned! He disgraced the name of pizza! Kaeto, come help me kill Dudy! Muahahahaha!

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 24, 2000 11:41 AM            
PIZZA, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yuckers

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:42 AM            
KAETO, COME HERE BOY AND HELP ME KILL DUDYMAS!!!!!!!!

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

IP: