|
Author Topic:   Help
Rommell
posted July 14, 2000 02:47 PM            
I have a new gateway 9300 laptop 700mhz with the Intel 82810E Graphics controller. I can only use the software option to run tm and the screen is too slow to play the game. Does anyone know of any software that will speed it up so that I can use it for tm.

Thanks

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 14, 2000 03:32 PM            
funny, i had a graphics card that wasn't supposed to handle opengl, i just had the opengl driver for the ATI Rage 4 and it worked with hardware TM startup, easy. One thing though, i don't know what you'll have to make yours, just don't ask kaeto for what it should be and you won't get your system crashed. Could i borrow that laptop for a little while? :

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Rommell
posted July 14, 2000 04:43 PM            
Thanks I'll try to force it to use that open gl, I'll let you know.

Come by anytime to borrow the laptop.

IP:

Rommell
posted July 14, 2000 04:50 PM            
OpenGl page does not show a rage 4 card? Where do I find it. Thanks

IP:

peeet
posted July 14, 2000 07:44 PM         
i think the best way is to run glsetup... IF it has drivers for your graphics card (which it detects automatically and then lets you know if not)

if you bought the full version of TM, glsetup is on the CD. if you don't have the CD, go to www.glsetup.com.

the glsetup web site states that the i810 chipset is supported, but lists this in the "known issues" section:

Developers: The i810 ICD will not work with DirectDraw::SetDisplayMode

you'll have to ask LDA if this affects TreadMarks.

also check Gateway's drivers page:
http://www.gateway.com/support/product/drivers/index.shtml

or intel's drivers page:
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/software.htm

good luck!

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 14, 2000 10:00 PM            
Peeet : Nope, that won't affect TM. That's DirectDraw, and TM can work without it (I think)

But yeah, check [url] http://www.glsetup.com [/url] (that URL had BETTER work)

And if you can't get that to work, I'm pretty sure you at _LEAST_ have D3D acceleration. Try running D3D_ON.BAT in your TM folder, _AFTER_ getting the newest drivers from gateway.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 15, 2000 01:30 PM         
newest/best drivers a must! (and i don't think that the ATI Rage 4 drivers will work for your intel chipset graphics card. besides, ATI sucks, right, kaeto?)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 05:40 PM            
I didn't mean that ATI is supposed to be good, i could just cheat the gl drivers into speedin up my gfx card by those dll's, Okay!!!!!

IP:

Rommell
posted July 17, 2000 09:34 AM            
Thanks Peeet, OpenGl does not support Win2K yet (did I forget to mention I was running Win2K?) but the Intel link for their software update worked great. I had not been able to locate a update at Gateway. I can play again. (Bad news for you guys) See you in the game, again thanks to all for the help.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 17, 2000 10:40 AM         
glad to hear it... see you in battle!

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 22, 2000 02:57 PM            
You won't see _ME_ anytime soon. Not even with even running a direct burial cable straight from the phone company box, and buying the BEST modem USR makes, can I get a connection better that 28800 bps

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 23, 2000 10:10 PM            
LOL, easy to fix Kaeto, i have it worse than you and i can get 8.2kbps downloads, how, i hooked up three modems. Ask Clarity connect, they not only pay for the three phone lines for me (they recieve special money grants from the phone companies that they help, so they can, easily) but they pay for the router and three modems, you HAVE to buy a network card though... Well, you can at LEAST have 6.Xkbps with three modems going at about 2.8kbps. I have heard of getting up to 13kbps with the service even if your in the boonies. Go to clarityconnect.com and look for trident. The installation fee is what bites, just cause you don't pay for the hardware doesn't mean that it is cheap to synch the phone lines. It is, for me, 100 bucks to install. Then i forget what other silly things are problems. You'd to look yourself, but you'll have luck better than mine if you have 2.2kbps. Guess what i used to have, huh, i had AT MAX 1.4 to 1.8 kbps. UGH!!!!!!! i hate it, but we may get better one day, this service rocks as of now, try it man.

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 24, 2000 08:50 AM            
SWEET!!!
I'm a goin!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 24, 2000 10:37 AM            
good of luck to you...

IP: