|
Author Topic:   I'm back and have a question!!!
Sardine
posted July 13, 2000 01:34 PM         
I finally got my replacement in the mail! (let's not go there ok? I will make a backup this time... I promise)

Would it be possible (I'm not a programmer, so have no clue whatsoever) to create buildings for the game? If so, would it be possible to create a map within a stylized city setting? My only forseeable drawback would be the 3D statues currently in the game receive no damage when hit and only drop into craters (tres annoying)!

Any answers or opinions? (silly question there, eh?)

Oh, and why does this game seem to be dominated my a male populace? Are there any female players?
-----------------------------------

I'm not a vampire just because I sleep all day and live only at night... I just prefer to not have to share my computer!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 13, 2000 01:49 PM            
what are you talking about, kaeto, moriarty, dudymas they are all females.

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 13, 2000 02:38 PM            
Yeah we are!
Umm, incase you haven't noticed, very few girls are into action gaming. And most of the ones that ARE aren't community people.
Sardine : Yes, it would be possible. And in all likelyhood there's a way to make destructible buildings (ok, some tree h4x0ring here and there, but try to make it use a mesh instead )

And it would be awesome. But I think indestructible buildings would be more fun.

Hey, if anyone from LDA reads this, mission-like game types (MUST have co-op support) are at the top of my request list for TM 2

IP:

peeeto
posted July 13, 2000 08:19 PM         
yes - i'm almost sure that buildings would be possible... i know already that you can replace the sculpture in any map with another mesh. and, from my LIMITED understanding of the .ved map file format, i think you can place more than one sculpture on a map (ask NOPeR).

i love the idea of destructible objects... i wanted to make a huge loop-the-loop and a ski-jump! i also thought of putting bridges on maps, and then players could blow them up to destroy them the only thing is that i have no idea how to make them take damage...

and, another thing i found out is that only horizontal collisions between tanks & objects are possible the way the game works now... i tested this by creating a giant square and placing it in the Ramp map instead of the tower. i couldn't drive on top of it (no matter how many polygons it was made of), and i only collided with the edges. Seumas confirmed this by email or by an old BBS post - i can't remember.

YES, LDA! PLEASE MAKE DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS POSSIBLE AND MAKE THEM ABLE TO BE DRIVEN OVER!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 14, 2000 03:55 PM            
yeah, i'd like to try fighting in a junkyard, and how about a colussium?

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 14, 2000 09:56 PM            
LOL. "Old Tankyard"

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 06:44 PM            
ROFL

Why not some sky scrapers with jumps and you can blow one out from under someone... Bwahahahahahhahaahahhahahahah... we could have spring traps that roll around and launch you back up like DvsDuke's jump missiles

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:14 AM            
I miss the Chaos server with the plasma pulsers and the spiremakers...Hey, Kaeto, you have the entities for that, don't you? I should host a server

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 24, 2000 11:35 AM            
what, nonono, JL is the serverman, He'll do it for yah.

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 24, 2000 11:48 AM            
Yeah, I have the Zip for that AND HELL!!! THE RETURN OF HELL IS NIGH!!!!!

IP: