|
Author Topic:   The Crown and The Ring Tank Salon
Dreamer
posted July 07, 2000 05:39 PM         
Well, the second very ugly version is up now (23:30 CET) and I am going to bed. Tank rotating will be back in as soon as I can accomplish it for this one. Beware! The download is quite huge. I think it is worth it already, though.
Btw. I need reports on brightness - especially concerning the texture on the TM Link, as it appears that each browser and even each graphics card handles lit, animated, transparent textures in a different way. Oh, and please report System configuration AND FPS!!! Please! How am I supposed to get this to work if I do not know what people are going to look at it? Would have been a lot easier if everybody had supplied custom tanks in three detail levels like LDA did. Oh, LDA, case you read this, maybe look at the page and tell me if you think it is going to be the kind of advertisement for the game you like to see or not.
Well, that's it. Sorry for posting a new topic again, but I am an egocentric German and I want feedback.

PS: I am going to add a guestbook really soon, I think, but maybe I'll first start looking for some other folks to host my site.

PPS: The link again: www.planet-interkom.de/jentsch

-step right in for a sneak preview-
-no it is _not_ finished-
-no, I have not implemented all my ideas yet-
-yes, I will keep working on this project-
-I like cookie dough-
-I like Polka-
-I am deranged, yes.-

------------------
Hail and kill.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited July 09, 2000).]

IP:

swisher
posted July 07, 2000 09:11 PM            
Looks much better than the first try. The building is very nice. I'm running Netscape navigator 4.7 with a TNT2 ultra video card at 800x600 32 bit color, and installed Cortona as OpenGl.

The tanks seem greyed out on my PC.

Here's a picture of the Spider tank:

Your site is coming along. Good work!

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 08, 2000 04:31 AM         
The first one wasn't a try, it was a test. And it was the bl**dy first thing I have ever done in VRML. Interesting fact, though, that at least one of my decks displays the stuff a lot brighter and at least two of them almost pitch-dark in comparison to your screenshot, swisher.
Thank you for supporting my plans.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP: