This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   current news
coax
Administrator
posted July 07, 2000 05:34 PM            
its been over a month since TM posted any more news on their site. I'm starting to think Tm doesn't like me anymore

:

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 14, 2000 12:33 AM            
how'd you guess, er um, no!!!

IP:

Cell
posted July 14, 2000 07:03 AM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted July 14, 2000 02:18 PM            
Having been in contact with LDA about a week ago, there isn't much new news other than what was posted in the last update here.

They are working on an update for the current version and are continuing to look at other ways of distribution. BTW - Floating trees/objects have already been fixed in the new version that they are working on...but there is no estimate on when it will be released.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 14, 2000 03:59 PM            
I am back home and you may now continue hacking into my system and leaving readme's that state how unworthy you are of doing so, bwahahahahahah....... joking, but i must ask, Kaeto, i will get my drivin liscense soon, so just tell me where your house is and i'll setup a good game of scorched earth, or, if you have an amiga imulator, scorched tanks

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 14, 2000 04:01 PM            
Oh, and another thing, yes, i may get a liscense and you'll hear sirens for the rest of your life as people try to escape the wrath of a guy high on cookie dough, but i am not sure actually, wana know why?

IP:

Cell
posted July 14, 2000 05:12 PM         

IP:

peeeto
posted July 14, 2000 07:46 PM         
let us know when you plan on terrorizing the highways... i think my city is on the way to Kaeto's and i want to be sure to stay home that night

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 14, 2000 10:04 PM            
And Cell better pray if he overshoots. Once you're in New Hampshire, you're golden, Dudy. I have a KILLER link to the cops and could get you out of just about _ANY_ vehicular crime
Of course, maybe sometime I will get my drivers license. Heck, I'm 17. But I don't have a job, so I can't afford insurance. How sad is that?
Maybe sometime I can set up a big LAN party somewhere in Massachusets hehe I doubt my parents would want me to go, but that doesn't really matter since I'm 3 inches from getting kicked out of the house anyways...

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 14, 2000 10:07 PM            
Cripe! I just looked at the TM main page. 4.5 million hits... I remember the day when Seumas posted that longbowdigitalarts.com had just gotten it's millionth hit. The times, they are a-changin...

IP:

Hawk
posted July 14, 2000 10:39 PM            
Most of those are probably me, you, RC, Peeet, Dudy, etc visiting 10 times a day (or more) for over a year

IP:

Cell
posted July 15, 2000 06:48 AM         

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 15, 2000 07:17 AM         
Hawk: I only check about 5 times a day...

As for the LAN party - Hey, everyone, come on over to good old Germany! Would next tuesday do?

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 15, 2000 01:34 PM         
ok Dudy - pick me up for the LAN party on your way! but I'M DRIVIN'!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 04:04 PM            
Heyeeeeeeee, Kaeto, you are NOT getting away with that last line,
SIMON AND GARFUNKLE!!!!!!!
WOOO HOOOOO

Sowwy, i Love Simon and Garfunkle, so sue me!!!!!

I Won't get a driving license for one reason, MY SISTER.
She is the most hozerous maximus, take away whatever and don't give it back, speak softly and carry a big stick, Low down rotten, "innocent" to everyone else in the family, The gruel of my life that i'm forced to eat when i'm young, the absolute epitomy of "HOSER", can't help but steal your candy from easter, forces you to look after her five pound LONG-HAIRED 250$ Chihuahua... THE SPAWN OF SATAN, evil kind of a sister. AND she shall do anything and everything to force me to do things for her, THE LAST THING I NEED IS THe ABILITY TO DRIVE!!!!!!!
She even tried to get me to thing driving was fun, she keeps telling me how much fun driving is and how much she wants me to try to park the car in our driveway, SHE EVEN FORCED ME TO DRIVE AROUND IN A BIG LOTS PARKING LOT (which i couldn't get out of since she was the only one who could drive me home from school in SC, but now i live in NY).
The day that i learn to drive is the day she is kicked out of the house. She is 23 years old and she still lives with her parents!!!!!
Now, i am the youngest here so it is default that i take care of the parents when they're old, MY SISTER IS OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE HER OWN ACCOUNT AND SHE STILL BARROWS MONEY!!!!!
So, who thinks i need a driving liscense, HUH!!!!

I could type soooooo much more about the many pains of my sister, but i know it would be full of cursings that you may not even hear from a punk rocker trying to scale Mount Everest in a Go-Cart........ end point.

BTW i have another sister who is younger and i promise you that she learned from a bad example and is probably the most awesome sis in the world to me... so i am probably not going to become a homicidal maniac who goes around stealing all the cookie dough, sugar and whipped cream he can from Stores and such.

I now think i could vividly describe the life of a rodeo clown with Kaeto as my ginny-pig... mwahahahahahahah

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 06:35 PM            
A test for Kaeto:

Do you hope that you get old before you die?

IP:

Hawk
posted July 16, 2000 10:24 AM            
Kaeto needs to go to my school (teachers=(driven.insane) ), and come over after school, and LAN his computer to my computer, and play Tread Marks instead of doing our homework, and then do all our homework five minutes before it is due, and still pass the school year with no grade lower than a C

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited July 16, 2000).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 16, 2000 05:02 PM         
Good lord! You guys all still in (or was it at in this case, I'll never get this right) school???
I start feeling like Methusalem.
But lo! Manowar _are_ older than the mountains by now and still they rock.
Should there be some hope left for me?

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 16, 2000 10:07 PM            
*pops the popcorn* more melo dramatics and we'll have ourselves a BBS movie, and we'll take all your credit for the inivation after your done if you do well enough..... I once finished reading a book report, did a rough draft by the end of the day, wrote my final, and ran out into the school parking lot, only to see my teacher drive off, all in under fifteen minutes, then i drove to my teacher's house (which is wear her parents live and she takes care of them, bless their souls, maybe you should come to tioga and give em a hug for me dreamer... :)and i gave it to her mother... and I GOT an A, SHORT OF a + BECAUSE OF SOME @%&3p5q@$^ MISSPELLING!!!!!!!!! LDA, could you just become my new parents and i could learn programming and all from you for free and have T1 and all... along with some AWESOME canadian CPU's, whheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Come on Kaeto, hawk, we're packing our bags for Canada *waves america goodbye and stomps on flag*

------------------
When all else fails,
!Play The POLKA!
Dudymas
!!!

IP:

Charliey
posted July 16, 2000 10:18 PM            
No, only 14.4kbps in Canada, and the fastest computer you can get is a 486. =D

And even in july, the temp is only 10C.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 22, 2000 02:55 PM            
10c is a GOOD thing. I grew up spending winters on the canadian border, where -30F isn't even cold yet

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 23, 2000 01:46 PM            
I can give you a couple of news snippets...

Sony has approved Tread Marks for Playstation 2 development.

Sega has approved Tread Marks for the Dreamcast.

We're still looking for a suitable publisher, as it takes money and retail distribution to penetrate those markets.

The direction we take is yet to be determined.

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 23, 2000 01:49 PM            
Oh....and from a design perspective....

We will be adding main gun barrel elevation to the new version of Tread Marks.

Jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 23, 2000 01:57 PM            
ARG! HERESY!
Well at least (as I take it) it's only on the main tank gun...
*Throws computer off cliff*
*Jumps off after it*

IP:

Cell
posted July 23, 2000 02:45 PM         

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2