|
Author Topic:   Time to make myself known, and to ask a question:
A2597
posted July 06, 2000 08:54 PM            
Hi, I'm A2597, fan of B5, and TM.

My question:

Whats the most CRAZY stunt you have ever done in TM, or have seen done?

ME:
I set it up for 200 tanks, and thousands of seeking Artilery + rapid fire nucks, 100 per every one you grab.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 06, 2000 09:07 PM            
Don't get me started, boy. I think I should abstain from this thread, lest I make you all feel like wussies ;P

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 06, 2000 09:14 PM            
AGG! I can't resist at least a few small ones :
Running 1000 tanks on a pmmx233 (Took about 1/2 to load, and ran 1 frame every 30-40 seconds )
Running 1000 tanks on my Athlon 700 (Better here, about 5 SPF (seconds per frame)
Making conc missles have bombs for smoke, making them the only gun, giving them 1000 ammo, setting reloadtime to .01, firing them straight up until my box crashed.
Rebooting, doing it again (#@%% windows is only stable for so long, ya know ) causing a framerate of about .02 because I had several hundred thousand (prolly several million, actually) bombs flying around.
Walking away, coming back 15 minutes later, finding that there are STILL plenty of the original bombs landing (I hadn't got fragged, so I knew they were mine )
Running a 100 lap race with 100 tanks, and finishing it.
Making the Avenger self-spawning, grabbing one and vowing not to stop until my box crashed (took about 5 minutes at a painful FPS (233 mhz days) )
Being friends with Hawk
Being friends with Dudymas

That enough for ya?

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 06, 2000 09:16 PM            
No, I do _NOT_ claim to be sane. And yes, I've done crazier stuff...

IP:

Hawk
posted July 06, 2000 10:05 PM            
Heh. And right after I got Test 2.1, running around Scarab with peeet and BWL-Lightning, on RC's Chaos server...WITH HIS SPIRE MAKERS.
We probably all remember finding out that if you place the spires just right...and hit them at a high rate of speed...you get major air and SPIN! We were all with the firing different weapons...I decided to try the Avenger and BWL sent me a screenshot..I looked like n old 4th of July spinner firework...and Peeet was trying his hardest to blast down the spires as they got lower, the faster the spin and shorter the jump That and me and RC and Peeet and Kaeto doing the good old Terrain Deformation with my favorite mod gun, the Plasma Pulsers...that's the best thing about TM: Easy and COOL mods

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 06, 2000 10:11 PM            
Ahh, the TM miners. We GOTTA do that again sometime. About the only thing I _CAN_ do over my crappy connection

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 07, 2000 02:12 AM            
I can only regret i didn't have the online capabilities to connect and play with ya'll, i was shy on the bb too, but i'm quite advanced in both those things now, only to be too late to play with RC, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

---------------
sob, sob, sob

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 07, 2000 10:25 AM            
Umm, Dudy, RC isn't gone forever. He'll be back at the end of the summer.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 06:10 PM            
Shhhhhhhhh, i'm trying to here myself cry in self pity, some help you are, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:11 AM            
Calm down, Dudy. RC's not dead. Honest. I didn't finally manage to hunt down his tank and destroy it. I swear.

------------------
Hawk Messages Corporation
(A division of l33t Incorporated)

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 24, 2000 11:32 AM            
WHERE, WHAT SERVER, WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:36 AM            
It's a secret. Either that or it never happened. You decide.

IP:

synack
posted December 06, 2002 02:27 PM         
... still holding my breath, waiting for the answer ...

IP:

A2597
posted December 06, 2002 10:32 PM            
boy....now this is an old thread...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

wolfman
posted December 07, 2002 01:51 AM            
Put up a flying tank and cookie dough server - aka mining server. Let me know of any problems and enjoy JT

IP:

Rex R
posted December 07, 2002 03:30 AM            
and I enjoyed myself nicely. I do however have a small request, could you update the sabbot.ent to version 1.5 (or higher), it gets a tad confusing trying to sort out who did what when all the msg's are in white. thanks

IP:

wolfman
posted December 07, 2002 09:05 AM            
I just replaced the sabot.ent with the one off of the LDA site. If this doesn't do it please let me know. Thanks. JT

IP:

wolfman
posted December 07, 2002 09:36 AM            
Tried the previous and it don't work What folder specifically needs to be changed / updated to take care of this. Will redo a fresh install of tm to see what's up. Will try to have it back up later.
PS
If anyone has a really current version of the mining files please send to me at spazman769@yahoo.com Had a more recent version but lost at the beginning of the year when my hard drive died. thanks all
JT

IP:

Rex R
posted December 07, 2002 02:20 PM            
AddOns\entities\TankGod\Sabbot.ent
I think the easiest thing to do is to edit the sabbot file in the main folder (entities\tankgod) and save as to the addons etc. I believe that there are 3 lines that require editing (to match the mining mod sabbot) they are;
gravity =
friction =
dmpeashooter =
change those lines to match the mining mod sabbot (think it uses the super friction mod as a base) and save as into the addons\entities\tankgod folder and you should be set. note this is easier than doinig it the other way around.
alternatively send me a copy of the mining mod sabbot and I'll send you an updated version to plug in

IP:

synack
posted December 07, 2002 05:38 PM         
So ... my idle old-thread-mining actually had a positive response! Unplanned, I assure you.

However, it's great fun playing on the FTACD server again. Brought back memories.

Thanks wolfdude!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 07, 2002 08:52 PM            
w00t! ya, turn on the Mining Server (goes to get the Mining Mod Pack from the back of his HD)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 07, 2002 08:54 PM            
I set the tanks for 500,000 a while back in 1.0. Then Kateo did 1 Million, eh hehe. Which then led to LDA putting in the 99 tank limit (anybody found a way around that yet? hehe)

IP:

wolfman
posted December 07, 2002 09:11 PM            
Appreciate the info. This is what has me confused. The Sabot was done with the most recent download from LDA - this is what has me confused - still came up with old version. Ahhhhhhhhhhhcccckkkkkkkkkkk lol Will try again in a bit - probably be Sunday morning. Thanks JT

IP:

Rex R
posted December 08, 2002 04:51 AM            
well since it is over riding my sabbot(local) then it has to be in the addons folder someplace, try a search from the tm main folder and see how many sabbot files you find(let windows do the legwork)

IP: