|
Author Topic:   EDIT THE DEMO!
UFO64
posted June 24, 2000 11:37 AM            
I was tring to find a way to edit the demo, and i did!

I only did this once so i dont know about any bugs, and its a simple edit.

1)Goto "My Computer"
2)Goto The drive the TM is in (The c drive for me)
3)Goto the folder that its in (Tread Marks Shareware)
4)goto Entities
5)I only know how to edit Weapons/power ups
6)click on the folder you want to edit (just got to weapons for now
7)Open the file with the weapon you want to change (onpe with notepad)
8)Some where in therer is a "weight = (what ever number)" The higher that number, teh more it will respawn.
9) DONT MAKE ADDON FOLDER!
10) This is very untested so i dont know what could happen to you demo game but so far havving 30 nukes go off in five seconds is very fun!

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 24, 2000 02:27 PM            
Welcome to the wonderful world of TM editing, UFO

IP:

UFO64
posted June 24, 2000 10:38 PM            
oops setting the air strike to drop nukes, not a very good idea

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 25, 2000 06:11 PM            
why not, gives that extra ooooomph to a disobedient tank's backside!!!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted June 26, 2000 01:35 PM            
Come on, set the air stike to drop a 10x spewer mine that lanches type A nukes and matter bombs of which each one's Explosphere calls a type B nuke/matterbomb...

Just make sure each explosion is not chained and it will take your frame rate back up to about 2fps for such a wild display...

I actually prefer the RGrenades that exploshpere calls nukes under the 2.0/2.1 beta where the weapon WOULD include the person that fired it in the potential targets for it to track. Ehehehehe...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeeto
posted June 26, 2000 01:42 PM         
well well well - you still kickin', RC?

glad to see it, but how dare you corrupt all these nice modders with your hellish instanity! (your hell server was fun, tho - i have to admit!)

does Temporal Chaos ever get together online anymore?

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 26, 2000 01:53 PM            
Peeet : We haven't gotten together in a loooong time because RC's at home for the summer...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 08, 2001 03:07 PM            
I don't know how i missed this post, i probally would of ended up laughing my a$$ off. Damn Organic Chemistry it took me away from the bboards last summer.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 08, 2001 10:59 PM            
Why not just have the airstrike drop enemy tanks that only live for one 30 seconds?By the game dude,then you'll see what mods really are
I thought about tinkering around with the .ent files a bit.Do you guys have a extra copy of TM installed so you can experiment?

IP:

Karldar
posted May 09, 2001 12:22 AM            
Hey, Super. All ya gotta do is make an AddOns folder for your tinkering. If you've already got the folder, just make another named newAddOns or something. I've got like 3 different ones-one for my server, one for Skand's server, and one to try out new mods people send me. Of course, only one is actually named Addons at a time. You can copy the ents that you want to edit into your new folder and modify them to your heart's content. Just rename it when you're ready to try them out. This is just the way I do it-so I don't have to have more than one install of the game. Look forward to seein' what your twisted mind comes up with .

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 10, 2001 04:41 AM            
I do have several ideas,but unfortunantly,I don't have one ounce of artstic ability I'll give it a try though.

IP:

Karldar
posted May 10, 2001 03:25 PM            
I gots no art either, Super. I'm just talkin' about editin' the ent files-text only. Unless you use Blandy's prog, I guess-looks like he's got a pretty cool GUI. I'm afraid to use Lithium's unmapper/wrapper? thing. I tried the first version, but I really don't feel that I know enuff about textures and modeling to make my own stuff. Mebbe some day...

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 10, 2001 06:09 PM            
I just wish that the game would process spawn points AFTER the game starts so if you create one the game starts using it

Then you could use an air strike to create those Dummy Tank spawn points on a normal map

IP:

peeeto
posted May 10, 2001 06:42 PM         
have you tried that yet, RC?

IP: