|
Author Topic:   trench maker
coax
Administrator
posted June 22, 2000 07:55 PM            
I remember when TM first came out there was a promise of a trench maker, maybe someone can make a mod for it, if you do send it to me.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 22, 2000 08:20 PM            
Yes, that would be easy to make,but ive made trenches easy with my diggin drill
Ill make the trench maker tonight or tommorw

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 23, 2000 03:32 AM            
liar

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 23, 2000 04:18 PM            
Well I can do it but it dose not work very well....it makes trenches GREAT but the way spewers work they always point the same direction so I can make the trenches perpendicular to the original shot.....the look is awesome but it can never be done 100% useless LDA add some more cmds to the spewers to be more relative to the tank, projectile that spawned it....

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

VIO
posted July 08, 2000 08:38 AM            
I have had such a weapon that does random direction changes for about three months now. I have been play testing it mostly. I will put it up on the web this weekend and Post directions for it.

I also have several other weapons that I have made using similar Spewer technology. The only problem is.. I dont wish to make weapon models so I used existing LDA models and tweaked the image files (in a considerate fashion.. nothing quick and lame).

However, as LDA has correctly pointed out, such actions violate copyrights without prior approval from LDA. So out of great respect for LDA, I will not release the weapons As/Is before I get approval.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted July 11, 2000 08:24 PM            
Hehe,yes nice but what ive wanted is a perpendicualr one....not random...if it was constant then you cluld make trenches and traps for other tanks...so being random seems just to make annoyaces.

Hehe i just woke up at 7:30 PM! ive been mapping for HL alot.

------------------
DvsDuke

ICQ-71915514

IP:

VIO
posted July 12, 2000 09:43 PM            
What you are missing is the fact that since I know how to make random changes.. I can very easily control the directions. I have even made a gun that can dig a four sided trench that makes a huge square.

The only difficulty is that from what I have experienced.. all coordinate systems for spewers are relative to the world coordinate system. Not relative to your tank's chasis direction nor your tank's turrent direction.

Im not saying that it isnt possible to orient the direction relative to your tank.. but I have not had any luck. You may think your spewer can shoot always in the same direction (relative to your turret facing..) but unless you are driving around.. changing directions.. and firing the weapon.. you dont have a real test case.

If you happen to have a way to say, for example, to always fire your spewers straight... then thats pretty cool. Let me know.. and I can probably adapt your concept to what ever you need.

IP: